What's new
Hey so I see there have been no updates since I last posted in this thread in May. Just checking if anyone knows the possible status of the HAS? I just purchased my first standard arcade game PCB and would love to be able to play it :)

Hey so I see there have been no updates since I last posted in this thread in May. Just checking if anyone knows the possible status of the HAS? I just purchased my first standard arcade game PCB and would love to be able to play it :)
PM me, I may have an extra full set up for you.

In general he's always said that he does this in his free time as it's not a full business for him. I'm sure he's either working on the current wait list or taking a break given the state of affairs in the world at the moment. I'd love to pick one up too but patience really is a virtue here. Gotta wait for the best products.

I'm trying to connect my HAS through a VGA-5BNC to a JVC DT-V 1710C with an original IF-C01COMG (component/RGB card) but I get a pretty dark screen, well, actually a white line where the top edge of the 16:9 should be but no image (I believe that's normal.) I already changed the Sync to EXT and select the correct slot, in my case 2D. Still gives me NO SYNC and HIGH under it. Maybe I should change something on the HAS to make the JCV happy?

Edit: found the problem, broken cable. I get image now but it looks bended on the top, just like the NeoGeo and PCE. This is a very picky CRT with sync. Also the bottom corners are discolored but after degaussing a few times, nothing changed. The HAS is rock solid though. Oh well, I'll keep testing.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on whether my HAS could be the culprit here?

• 50hz games (Konami PCB) have a rolling screen on my PVM via RGB
  • 60hz games (Midway PCB) display absolutely fine

Have tried 2 x VGA cables from the HD15 adapter with same results.

Have you tried unprocessed CSync (in both 75R and TTL)? It's a CSync directly from the PCB, not buffered by any IC. If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid the PVM just doesn't like those Konami PCBs.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on whether my HAS could be the culprit here?

• 50hz games (Konami PCB) have a rolling screen on my PVM via RGB
  • 60hz games (Midway PCB) display absolutely fine

Have tried 2 x VGA cables from the HD15 adapter with same results.
Which PVM do you have? I'm pretty sure they don't all support 50Hz.

Unsure if my PVM is actually having issues. It's a 2950Q which I haven't not made any changes to aside from (maybe) not playing PCBs on it for a month. 60hz games display flawlessly, but pretty much every other JAMMA board has a picture like sync is messed up. Verified all PCBs work fine on my BVM using a different supergun. Ugh.

I believe this is an issue of the PVM itself, as @RGB said unbuffered with 75ohm sync should work (ie is basically direct from the PCB only with attenuated power levels).

Unsure if my PVM is actually having issues. It's a 2950Q which I haven't not made any changes to aside from (maybe) not playing PCBs on it for a month. 60hz games display flawlessly, but pretty much every other JAMMA board has a picture like sync is messed up. Verified all PCBs work fine on my BVM using a different supergun. Ugh.
To my knowledge 2590Q is not a multiformat monitor. (hence not supports 50hz) Try plugging another 50hz source and see if it works.

I believe this is an issue of the PVM itself, as @RGB said unbuffered with 75ohm sync should work (ie is basically direct from the PCB only with attenuated power levels).
Yeah something seems fishy. Mister plugged in via RGBS is perfect.

To my knowledge 2590Q is not a multiformat monitor. (hence not supports 50hz) Try plugging another 50hz source and see if it works.
It has a 50hz and 60hz setting in the setup menu. I think you may be thinking of 15khz and 31khz?

It has a 50hz and 60hz setting in the setup menu. I think you may be thinking of 15khz and 3
I was actually referring to 50hz/60hz (didnt know 2950Q had a switch, I have 2530 myself). I guess best bet would be to inject 50hz through mister if you have one and see it works for horizontal and vertical games.

What's the power connector called? I need to make a new cable to plug into the HAS and looking to order from Mouser/Digikey.

Thanks so much!

Does Mouser not sell them? I can't seem to find JST-VH on their website?

Just curious do you make longer lengths for the 3player/4player adapters?
@RGB
Speaking of, I wanted to follow up on our PM to see if you may have a rough estimate on when 3P/4P adapters will be back in stock. (I'm sure you get hounded with product availability requests all the time; sorry to add to the chorus! I <3 my HAS and am excited for 3P/4P support) Thanks :)

Back