What's new
Let me put it in a plain way:

Dongle auth is different than PS2 MC auth so we can't access them through the serial side (normal connector it has on the edge).

To circumvent that there are two ways of accessing the nand:

1- Imaging it with a hardware chip programmer and use mymc to access the filesystem within the image.

2- move the dongle nand to a PS2 memory card (with both a PS2 or PS3-MCA can unlock) and have that to access the file system.

You already have hardware for trying method 1. I suggested you get some hardware (PS2 memory card and CECH-ZM1 USB adapter) so you could use method 2 which is slightly easier and less likely to have bugs as you have the memory card controller chip of the PS2 MC deal with the ECC algorithm.

Mitsu. When Dark does his multigame dongle I will have a big party.
Darksoft isn't doing it. The member here Defor is. He won't release it until he knows it's 100% easy to use and works flawlessly. He doesn't want the dongle to require updates at all.

Mitsu. When Dark does his multigame dongle I will have a big party.
Darksoft isn't doing it. The member here Defor is. He won't release it until he knows it's 100% easy to use and works flawlessly. He doesn't want the dongle to require updates at all.
Been waiting for this, picked up a new 256 system the other day just for it.

56944136.jpg

Oliveira. I've just found out that a friend here nearby has a CECH-ZM1, which I can borrow. And can I load the dumpe image into Mymc? I have to try it.

Mitsu, ofcourse. Defor is doing the multi-dongle. I keep mixing names here.

Hahah. Deibit is on a killing spree. Only please wait untill the dongle is ready before you kill anyone, you may accidently kill the wrong guy.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be picking up a CECH-ZM1 soon. Let's see what happens.

Right, thanks! Sorry. I'm a bit clumsy about internet sometimes.

Guys, Defor is about to release his multi. We don't want to stop this from happening. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be publishing that information, just that we should not do it until his multi is released...

I see, and I underand. Not a problem. I've just bought two pingpong rackets I need to try out, and today's saturday. So I've got things to do.

Tell Defor my best wishes, and that I look forward to his great work, and I will be buying it as well.

Most of this that has been discussed so far is over the head of 90% of people here still.

Also, the very best method has not been discussed yet anyways. ;) :P

hi all, i'm a technic of electronica and have some 246 and 256 sytems, i'm reading the post that is very interesting, all dongles i have are time crisis 3 and want to convert some of them to for example tekken 5, i thought that the best way is like oliveira said the method 2, the questions is, correct me if i'm wrong, the dongles uses the same nand hardware because i open both and have the same samsung nand with the same number, the difference is the small quare chip, one is configured for the magic gate and the other to the ps2 consoles, so if i desoldered the nand chip from the mg dongle and solder it in the ps2 mc, then i can read the nand in a ps2 environment with for example the cechzm1, right, question: i can read it too with a ps2 console with matrix chip? of course with a program like ulaunchelf, thanks alex

It's like encryption keys for PGP or other kind of encryption between two people:

Magic Gate for regular Retail PS2 use different Magic Gate keys than the Arcade PS2 and that's what make them incompatible. But both do use Magic gate.

ok, i mean magic gate for the arcade version, i know the cards are incompatible because have a different chip in for encryption, for that reason you must desolder the nand from the arcade dongle to the retail ps2 memory card, my question is how i can read the nand?, i can do it with a ps2 console hacked with matrix with ulaunchelf? i mean with the ps2 retail memory card in it with the nand of the dongle.

PS2 will see it like a PS2 memory card if you swap the memory chips around. So you will be able to edit the files.

Make sure you backup the original files, in particular it's VERY IMPORTANT that you don't lose the boot.bin file.

Your probably better off just swapping the nand itself though. Just keep a donor memory card around. Either way soldering and resoldering is required.

Back