What's new
I used the flash file and later soldered the wires....
worked out fine.... some diagram showing the connector and the to solder points on the same pic could be useful for noobs perhaps.

thanks for the help

Seeing all those professional mods I started collecting the stuff I'll need to install the Kit.
But I am at a loss as to what plug is used for where the key writing wires are attached.

Does anybody here have some part number or at least info what it is? It kinda looks like a Hirose crimp plug but...
I posted this back on page 2:

JST NH series
Housing: H6P-SHF-AA
Pins: SHF-001T-0.8BS
uses 22-28 AWG wire

You can order directly through JST:
https://order.jst-mfg.com/InternetS...tedPage=mainContent&countryId=840&language=en
There is also a wiring diagram on the first post of this thread:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?attachments/6391/
Ohh.. Thanks a lot man. Kinda missed that one.

I nearly missed this post too :thumbsup:

Those are fairly cheap crimps..good to know.

finally gotten to it to install this, tested some random games, but only Progear Halfway to Hell doesn't work.
Writing the game happens in 2 seconds or so, I use the latest @SmokeMonster roll up pack which includes a blank key file.

This is how the folder looks;

progear.jpg

finally gotten to it to install this, tested some random games, but only Progear Halfway to Hell doesn't work.
Writing the game happens in 2 seconds or so, I use the latest @SmokeMonster roll up pack which includes a blank key file.

This is how the folder looks;

progear.jpg
Those files are wrong. For instance the program roms should be concatenated as a '.02' file iirc and padded to 4MB.

If the "Halfway to Hell" rom is good on the old pack, just use that and copy the blank 'key' file over to it.

yeah the old pre-keywriting version worked fine.
I’ll redownload the old pack then to get the files.

here is a pic of the install I did on a rev 4 board (without the CN9 connector) for @tom5151
No resistor on A32/C32 connector, but it flashed just fine with 5.05v @ the Jamma edge

Still need to tidy up the wiring with 2 small zip-ties :)

btw, dunno why the pic is rotated, flip it in Windows and saved it and it looks good on my end?

IMG_2518_2.jpg

And while I was at it, I did my own rev 7 board as well

IMG_2533.jpg

Thanks, I would also like the pure MAME version of HWTH if anyone has a copy that works on the new firmware. If it's possible. I'll use the old kit-converted version with a blank key as a backup.

I need to take the monitor out of my HS-5 cab in order to replace the K7000 with a Hantarex Polo. (The Bloom on the K7000 now drives me insane, and the fact that you can't adjust the width of the image from the remote board was the final straw. Just restored an MK2 cabinet and the Hantarex in there is beautiful, all adjustments I need are on the remote board, and it doesn't bloom at all!)

So I'll go and make my update to my CPS2 multi as well. My board is a Revision 4 board as it had the additional board attached for Super Street Fighter 2:The New Challengers. I'll let you guys know how that turns out once I'm done.

Quick question. At what time period was the firmware update that doesn't require an arduino to program loaded by default to the CPS2 Multi-boards? I got my multi late in 2016 so I'm not sure if that update is included. I just tried putting the firmware.img file from the first post in this thread onto my SD card, but when I put that SD Card into my CPS2 Multi absolutely nothing happened and the file is still on the card.

Is there any way to tell if you just have the wrong firmware and need to buy a bunch of additional tools to update it?

Edit: Nevermind. I got my years confused. I got my CPS2 Multi in late 2015, not in 2016. So I need to go and get me the parts needed to flash the firmware on my board.

but when I put that SD Card into my CPS2 Multi absolutely nothing happened and the file is still on the card.
Then you have a older firmware (without key writing) installed that cannot auto update from SD card.
The multi must be reprogrammed with a bitblaster first, then future updates can be applied via SD card.

I fell into this same category, I simply sent my kit to Mits to be reprogrammed.

Yeah, I'd do that as well, but lately I have had quite a few issues with the USPS so the thought of shipping it out, then getting it back (maybe) isn't appealing. I have some Amazon reward points stored up and it can't hurt to have extra gadgets lying around the house.

I'm not really in a major rush to get this done. Just figured I could quickly do it now then get to the soldering later. The device will arrive on Friday as will my Hantarex Chassis and some other stuff. So I'll have a busy weekend taking care of the monitor and the multi-board. (Providing Microsoft doesn't sneak another Windows 10 update onto my computer filled with corrupted drivers that block any USB keyboard or mouse from working. God that was a pain in the butt to fix!)

Yeah, I'd do that as well, but lately I have had quite a few issues with the USPS so the thought of shipping it out, then getting it back (maybe) isn't appealing. I have some Amazon reward points stored up and it can't hurt to have extra gadgets lying around the house.

I'm not really in a major rush to get this done. Just figured I could quickly do it now then get to the soldering later. The device will arrive on Friday as will my Hantarex Chassis and some other stuff. So I'll have a busy weekend taking care of the monitor and the multi-board. (Providing Microsoft doesn't sneak another Windows 10 update onto my computer filled with corrupted drivers that block any USB keyboard or mouse from working. God that was a pain in the butt to fix!)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744PZ5GM

$10 shipped with prime. I haven't used the STM32F103 specifically, but it has an SWD interface so I believe it should work. @Darksoft or @Mitsurugi-w could confirm.

Back