What's new
That thing is a consolized Neo geo. Multi carts are more sensible to bad quality power.
Uh, I don’t understand: shouldn’t the flashcart work within original carts specs?
Regards.

Locutus73
Edited, as that wasn't clear.
within original specs, I guess you mean within original motherboard specifications. Do you know how that thing is connected, powered, quality of Power, etc. ?

With the latest firmware update and all the tests that we have done, the only thing left to try is doing the 4M fix (cut trace). If that doesnt fix it it's rather a problem somewhere else.

within original specs, I guess you mean within original motherboard specifications.
Yes Sir, I meant exactly that and/or carts specifications.

Do you know how that thing is connected, powered, quality of Power, etc. ?
Nope, but he said he’s using an Omega CMVS, a well known and established product, not a DIY consolization, so we can give him a reasonable benefit of doubt he is powering his CMVS within specs. Let’s try to approach the issue this way: if a CMVS is known to run correctly all original carts, can we safely assume it’s correctly powered, so it should have no problems with the flashcart?

Regards.

Locutus73

Let’s try to approach the issue this way: if a CMVS is known to run correctly all original carts, can we safely assume it’s correctly powered
In my experience you shouldn't assume anything about power, and it's super easy to check anyway. Maybe his CMVS's consolized PSU is aging, and is struggling right now.
Sounds like I should check the power on that jamma edge?
yeah just grab a multi-meter and see what's up.

Last edited:
Let’s try to approach the issue this way: if a CMVS is known to run correctly all original carts, can we safely assume it’s correctly powered
I'm my experience you shouldn't assume anything about power, and it's super easy to check anyway. Maybe his CMVS's consolized PSU is aging, and is struggling right now.
Sounds like I should check the power on that jamma edge?
yeah just grab a multi-meter and see what's up.
I found with my MV1A that I needed to turn the voltage higher to run the Darksoft cart than I needed to run with original carts.

In any case given the extensive testing that the cart has gone through. I'd say check the voltage, apply the 4M patch (cut a trace as explained in the 1st post) if that doesn't fix it, you ha e a problem with your setup.

The cart was designed to work with optimal setup, with a good psu

I don't think the team have every consolized and hack of the neo geo to test with from the beginning, sure Omega is an established product from some time, but it's not the official product, they have made some hardware choice which works with standard games, but I can understand it's expensive to buy just for testing the psu,

So the best thing to do now is to give more details about what is inside to troubleshoot, maybe the psu details, brand and so the team can help to find the culprit and try to find the best fix.

I believe they will make everything to make this work the best with every possible setup just need to give them data.

Last edited:
Other than a few fighters every other game I test (haven't tested them all) work flawlessly. Even when the inputs are messed up most games will let you change them, Garou is the unfortunate exception.

Could it be that I'm using the original Neo-Geo Roll Up Pack?

It will take me a few days (probably this weekend but maybe today) to test the board itself (I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to stuff like this).

I've had this buttons problem with garou once, and solved it with nvram clear + deleting buff + latest firmware procedure

What's the current status with multi slot boards? I'm still seeing random pixel issues with my 4 slot that don't show up on a 1 or 2 slot.

What's the current status with multi slot boards? I'm still seeing random pixel issues with my 4 slot that don't show up on a 1 or 2 slot.
To my knowledge all testers reported these are gone. Did you apply the 4M trace cut? Which exact model do you have?

To my knowledge all testers reported these are gone. Did you apply the 4M trace cut? Which exact model do you have?
Yes I have done the trace cut in the cart. I have a 'NEO-MVH SLOT4' - the older model with all the 74 series logic on the top board.

Yes I have done the trace cut in the cart. I have a 'NEO-MVH SLOT4' - the older model with all the 74 series logic on the top board.
@Mitsurugi-w Isn't that the mobo that you have?

I've had this buttons problem with garou once, and solved it with nvram clear + deleting buff + latest firmware procedure
Darksoft the issue is under the options within the game (under AES mode going into settings if it allows setting up the button maps). Tried to get a picture up here but the size is too big. I'll try messing about with everything again and report back if that fixes it too.

I think I know what you mean, but try uploading into tinypic and post the link here please.

HI,
will it be possible in future to play Iron Clad even if it was not released in mvs/aes version? currently it is emulated by MAME so it coul be possible to play it on the card..?

thanks

@Darksoft

So I made a bit of a rookie mistake and figured it out. It was actually the NVRAM... I cleared it from the proper menu (which was not what I was doing before) and everything is golden now.

Sorry about that! So it was indeed the NVRAM. I also realized this was happening to games outside of the Multi-Cart as my real copy of Garou did the same exact thing (which makes sense).

I attached a picture of what was happening for reference.

Attachments

• 20180903_210239(2).gif
    20180903_210239(2).gif
    745.5 KB · Views: 171
HI,
will it be possible in future to play Iron Clad even if it was not released in mvs/aes version? currently it is emulated by MAME so it coul be possible to play it on the card..?

thanks
For now it's locked to only original released games.

Once everything is working fine, it will be opened up for other games. This multi has a lot of upscale ability which has yet to be tapped into.

:D

Back