What's new
The issue is that you might want to tweak 5v between normal carts and your multicart, so you'd need a PSU with an adjustable 5v.
I think a more powerful PSU should fix the issue.
That was in the other part of my message, 5a should cover it :)
Since you only need 5V >5A there are tons of power supplies with adjustable voltages for <$10. Just have a look on Aliexpress. You'll just need to put lead on it an cut the wire with connector of your old power supply and reuse it. No modding the console. If you're not confident wiring up a power supply yourself you can also try and find a plugin LED power supply with the same connector for plugging into the Console. :thumbup:
I wasn't aware there were 5v (I mean 5v output only here) adjustable PSU's, do you have an example of a good one for our friend here? :)
A Suzo Happ Power Pro like @jassin000 linked would be a good choice. I use the Ultimate, which is total overkill. There are also some decent Chinese clones (like this) that will save some money if you're on a budget. You can get those through eBay or Aliexpress direct from China.
While the Suzo Happ is a perfectly fine PSU, it would be a bit overkill in his situation and kinda kill the purpose of his consolized MVS.

Last edited:
thanks! I will send everything to the guy who built the console, he will try it with the multicart and will measure the voltage needed and he will provide me the better choice in order to completly cover the V/A needed from the multicart.
I will keep you updated

Before you do all that do you know ANYONE else near you with a MVS motherboard?

Good point. Which motherboard was used in the conversion?
MV1FZ I think from the pics, I think he have unibios on it, with MV1FZ it's only a swap
correct, I sent you here in the topi some photos and my motherboard probably is a MV1FZ model. Yes I have the unibios 3.3
unfortunately no... I ship tomorrow the console and the multicart to the console builder, he will receive the box on 3 of april (monday it is holiday here). He will verify everything and if necessary he will try the cart on different motherboard. Do you think that it could be better to suggest to change my motherboard with a different model? But probably it could only necessary to change the PSU...

I wasn't aware there were 5v (I mean 5v output only here) adjustable PSU's, do you have an example of a good one for our friend here?
Here's one, there are literally hundreds of varying quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...f96d-440e-b6c1-a4f2d1832c70&priceBeautifyAB=0

Here's one thats not adjustable. More laptop style. The key will be finding the right plug for his system

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V...f96d-440e-b6c1-a4f2d1832c70&priceBeautifyAB=0

Ah, so it's not a 5v only adjustable PSU :)

Thought I was missing something here ;)

Ah, so it's not a 5v only adjustable PSU :)

Thought I was missing something here ;)
What do you mean? ?(

It is a 5V only adjustable PSU. You can select the voltage of 5V or 12V or 24V they only output one DC voltage and it is adjustable. They don't have multiple voltages. :)

Ah I see the v adjust now. I don't think you can switch from 5 to 12 to 24 as you need to select this option when you order. Anyways, I'd still go for a decent laptop style adapter with at least 5 amps.

Ah I see the v adjust now. I don't think you can switch from 5 to 12 to 24 as you need to select this option when you order. Anyways, I'd still go for a decent laptop style adapter with at least 5 amps.
Haha I only meant you could choose the main voltage when ordering. If you want a single channel adjustable DC voltage output transformer, the Meanwell ones are very good. the come in every possible configuration and are of industrial grade. For his purposes though the laptop style might be the best if he can find one with the same barrel connector. :)

I think what I'm going to say is pretty obvious... But don't change the voltage from 5V to 12V or higher or you'll fry your motherboard, your cart and who knows what else....

Here's one, there are literally hundreds of varying quality.

aliexpress.com/item/LED-Transf…1832c70&priceBeautifyAB=0
How many amps would one need to feed the normal set of boards? (G-Net, CPS2, Irem, F3, MVS-2F)

I think what I'm going to say is pretty obvious... But don't change the voltage from 5V to 12V or higher or you'll fry your motherboard, your cart and who knows what else....
cptobvious.jpg

:D

@legolas119

No, you won't need a PSU with 12V, because your MVS has a 5V Mod for sure (otherwise you would hear no sound with 5V only)...

I have the same consolized MVS as you (MV-1FZS; but without a 5V Mod) and it runs with a 5V/2A 12V/2A PSU (so even less amps on the 5V rail than your PSU).

@Darksoft assured me, that the Multi needs even lesser power than regular MVS games. So I think that a to weak PSU isn't the problem here...

BTW: Of course the Multi works with my MVS...

@legolas119

No, you won't need a PSU with 12V, because your MVS has a 5V Mod for sure (otherwise you would hear no sound with 5V only)...

I have the same consolized MVS as you (MV-1FZS; but without a 5V Mod) and it runs with a 5V/2A 12V/2A PSU (so even less amps on the 5V rail than your PSU).

@Darksoft assured me, that the Multi needs even lesser power than regular MVS games. So I think that a to weak PSU isn't the problem here...

BTW: Of course the Multi works with my MVS...

yes, confirmed, my MVS console has a 5V mod, the builder confirmed this.
He said that, if it is needed more A, he will measure how many A the console will absorbe during the multicart use and then he will choose an appropriate PSU, always at 5V, but able to provide more A.
I hope that this can solve the issue :unsure:

I see too many customized things here that could be the source of the problem:
5V mod, not preferred (at least for me) PSU type and no other mobos to try with. Let's see if the seller of the mobo can try with others and shed some light here about what the real problem is.

Back