What's new
but no drama, even when I openly talked with Razoola and ROT about my DS multicart purchase in chat.
629.gif

KIWSAfo.gif

Just kidding :)
Now please let's go back to topic.

keep this thread efficiently focused on trying to find specific problems/solutions

I updated to the newest firmware released yesterday - it seems like there is still some occasional instability for me after flashing new games without power cycling. For example, in my slots I had 1. Metal Slug 2 2. Blazing Star 3. Matrimelee, then I changed Blazing Star to Pulstar, it flashed and loaded slot 1, so then I changed to slot 2 which is Pulstar, and I got some weird issues in the attract like the AICOM animation got corrupted, and then it actually went to the game load screen without me pressing anything - it was obviously all very buggy at that point. After a hard reset of the Neo Geo, I switched to slot 2 and Pulstar worked fine.I tried reproducing the issue by going back to Blazing Star in slot 2, and then re-flashing Pulstar, but it seemed to work that time, so it's either random or takes something specific to reproduce the issue, but I'm not sure what that is. It's not a big deal since it worked after a restart but thought I'd mention it. I'm using an MV-1C Omega (with internal memory card and Unibios 3.2) with the trace cut mod applied on the multicart. I also experienced similar things before the newest firmware so probably not anything newly introduced.

Issue 2 - I already mentioned this one before (also not specific to newest firmware), but I did some further testing. In Metal Slug 1 - even after clearing the backup ram and the internal memory card contents, the high scores table shows all zeroes instead of the preset high scores like APE, BAT, etc. I tried inserting my 161-in-1 yellow cart and loading the same game, and that has the preset high scores in tact (possibly modified with new scores, not sure), then I put the Darksoft multi back in and loaded MS1 and it indeed showed all the scores that were showing when I loaded the 161 cart. Also, new high scores still populate fine even when the entire board was zeroes, so it seems to be something with initializing the default scoreboard. I think it was mentioned that there would eventually be a menu update that handles backup ram on the cart itself so that may fix this issue, but again just mentioning it in case there is something else to look at here.

In Metal Slug 1 - even after clearing the backup ram and the internal memory card contents, the high scores table shows all zeroes instead of the preset high scores like APE, BAT, etc.
This error is related to the menu. The 1st issue you reported I believe it's also related to the menu and should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for feedback. If you can do further testing on that Issue 1 to be 100% sure it's really gone.

I'm not sure if the fw update on my multi went well - is there a possibility to send my device in?
please see my relevant posts. thanks.
plx

I'd like to take it to a retro gaming convention in the middle of September...

why arent you sure? Did the file got deleted from the microsd after the update?

The file got deleted but please see my posts with all the videos and stuff... :(

EDIT: and is it normal that I can reset the menu once by pressing select?

Last edited:
- Blazing Star (slot 1) has some graphical glitches in the intro. There seem to be one line of pixel jam at the top area of the screen...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YKRrvMFh9WNdIUz7Kgh-zfzC2a4InlnS
Did you check the voltage on the Jamma edge? I assume you have the latest firmware.
Don't know if this is normal!?: I am able to reset the menu ONCE with the select button...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11WmK1AOIvEqO-keECWizYIL_Bb5vf04e
Yes, also if you insert a coin when in the menu. This will be fixed. It's a menu thing.
UPDATE: I emptied all slots and changed my game setup to: (1) Blazing Star, (2) Metal Slug 3, (3) KOF 2003
it ended up with this freeze screen :(
IMG_20180729_173944.jpg

After switching off and on again, the menu showed all the 3 games in its slots.
I didn'T start any of those, emptied the slots an flashed again in a different order.
It worked, the procedure looked like this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W8zcqLR_NOsXDqNfvNZGIz9fogBU0mHD
Same as #1. Either your mobo isnt working properly, you dont have the latest firmware or you have a problem. If it's a power problem cutting the trace close to R193 would fix it. *IF* power turns to be the cause, it's an easy fix that you can do yourself or you can send it for fixing.
EDIT 2018-08-03:
Here is another video
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dlYZE5Wam-yR7ymiplhk4hhj6CI5KGdp

In the first two parts you can see the white pixels while flashing. There's few of them but I had loads last time, when the Multi was running for some time.
The third part is showing that the buttons in AES mode won't work with Metal Slug 3 - when I set it to arcade mode, it works...
Same as above. Either a mobo or a power problem. Do you have another board to check? Can you check the power reaching your mobo?

Hello DS,

so I tested with another mobo, a MV-1FZ (voltage is 5.00)
In short: different issues, also non-satisfying experience...

- deleted buff and backup Ram
- first 3 games seemed to be OK
- flashing procedure looks different and it seems to take a bit longer; also the menu start seems a bit delayed (black screen)
- flashing procedure doesn't show the white random pixels so far
- Blazing Star is now gw/out the graphic glitches
- flashed another 3 games.. seems OK
- flashed another 3 - freeze after some time (black screen) before games was started
- restart -> gane list only slot 1 is pupulated

back to the MV-1C again (voltage is 5.04)

- deleted buff and all slots
- "initializing filesystem" needs.. woah... nearly 40 seconds
- flashed 3 games - again those white random pixels while flashing
- ended up in freeze (black screen)
- after restart, it says "no game selected"

:( :( :(

May I send it in, please?
Regards
plx

OK, great - cu there.

EDIT: got this freeze today while changing GAROU to WINDJAMMERS in slot 2,
other slots unchanged...
20180815_013735.jpg

EDIT 2: I applied the power glitch fix, carefully opened the case etc. abnd cut the trace as described.

No change, still the same pixels while flashing similar to the screen above... :/

Last edited:
I uploaded to the most recent firmware and menu but I do not see a bunch of games in the menu now. I do not see Blues Journey, Bomberman, Stakes Winners and others. I did delete the BUFF file and verified the games are still on the micro-SD card.

Are a bunch of games removed at this point?

Thanks!

I uploaded to the most recent firmware and menu but I do not see a bunch of games in the menu now. I do not see Blues Journey, Bomberman, Stakes Winners and others. I did delete the BUFF file and verified the games are still on the micro-SD card.

Are a bunch of games removed at this point?

Thanks!
No. Those should not be missing. Try to reinstall them and clear the system's NV ram.

Hey guys,

Has anyone else been having issues where the buttons get reassigned to bizarre combinations on fighting games (especially Garou: Mark of the Wolves)?

This happens on other games as well but usually they let you reassign the button maps. Garou seems to lock up when I try and change the assignments.

Sorry if this has been answered 40 pages back (I sifted through a little bit and did not see anyone report this). I did try and clear the save games but the map does not change.

this could happen if you had some type.of HAS or 6-in-1 boards to connect multiple jamma boards.

Did you check the power on the jamma edge?

this could happen if you had some type.of HAS or 6-in-1 boards to connect multiple jamma boards.

Did you check the power on the jamma edge?
Interesting... I don't have those but I'm using an OMEGA CMVS. Sounds like I should check the power on that jamma edge?

That thing is a consolized Neo geo. Multi carts are more sensible to bad quality power.

Back