What's new
I got my dongle. Excited to give it a try but may not be able to play until weekend.
Thank you again for making this happen

Some of us are trying to understand what is going on with the SC2 Memory Card.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge regarding how we can initialize this card ?

... nothing in setup
About the only thing I've seen discussed publicly is that the card is special to SC2 specifically and all attempts at poking it (i.e using a ps2) have rendered cards useless.

About the only thing I've seen discussed publicly is that the card is special to SC2 specifically and all attempts at poking it (i.e using a ps2) have rendered cards useless.
Yep, if you insert this in a PS2 you might be lucky and get the offer to format it and say no but if you are in a game ...

And to reset the card just go to SETUP-DATA ALL-CLEAR, then next time the system boots the card will be cleared.

I am looking to obtain Soul Calibur 2 dongle and memory card for research -- please let me know if anyone is willing to sell or trade for a usb dongle

Got one! :D

I have a Japanese SC2 dongle but no disk to go with it - any use to you?

I'd like to hop on the list of people hoping to get one after the initial batch goes out, please.

laid up in bed with a sinus infection :( So no playing with the actual arcade machines for me this past weekend :( i can't wait to try mine!!

Anyone had luck with any particular model of IDE to SATA adapter for HDD games? I really don't want to over write my last working IDE HDD's repeatedly.

Bonus points if SATA SSD works with the IDE adapter.

Other thought, IDE CF? 128GB card might work for 80GB HDD (Fate Unlimited Codes) if the 2x6 allows. No idea if it would work, but it would be nice. I don't want to buy an expensive large CF card though unless I'm pretty sure it will work for this. If the old sandisk utility still works I have a host system to set the CF bit to show the card as industrial/hdd and not just removable.

Last edited:
The problem is with getting optical drives to work, an IDE to SATA converter should work for HDD stuff.

Last IDE to SATA I had worked fine in lindbergh but not 256. I'll try some other brands.

Aside from tekken4 type things, I've had good luck with various optical drives in the 256. My personal issue is I'm out of 80GB IDE drives long before I'm out of DVD drives.

Back