What's new
Great work can't wait to check out the jvs interface. And try and load some other games.

awesome job so glad I got that x2 from you so I can play this :)

Thanks guys!

I wanted to give more of an update Today now that I have a few minutes.

So at this point there are no major bugs and everything is working as it should. However with that said there are a few minor things I want to mention.

JVS
Initially I wanted to setup some way of exiting games and returning to the menu from inside the game. I was planning to accomplish this by having the user hold a sequence of buttons. It now appears though that this wont be possible. JVS communication happens over the COM2 serial port, in order for the multigame to poll for a button sequence it needs to bind to that serial port which then blocks other applications (i.e. the game) from accessing the port resulting in an I/O error.

Since I couldnt exit the games using a button sequence I used the test menu to exit games. This works for the majority of games. There are games however that do not "exit" from the test menu but restart the game. Unfortunately there is no clean way around this without me having to modify the game code. Currently the only game that exhibits this behavior that I tested was King of Fighters XIII. After all the games are tested and if there is enough demand. I might be able to patch King of Fighters XIII to exit from the test menu.

Game Images
Having the multi scale the game images to fit the picture box (320x240), caused the images to look distorted and also introduced some lag between switching games. Because of this I decided to remove the scaling. Game images will need to be sourced and scaled to 320x240 or less on your own. If someone wants to help make some game images let me know and I wouldnt mind hosting them.

Release Candidate 1
At this point I'm about ready to release RC1. As mentioned before the multigame will be distributed as a disk image. I will make a few different images for different common drive sizes ( 64, 128, 256 ). When updates are released they will be distributed in two forms. One being a whole new disk image, and the other being a zip file with the updated files that you can just copy to the drive yourself. I still need to write up some documentation and instructions. But I should have RC1 out sometime this week.

should you make disk images of 60, 120, 240 since those are common sizes for ssd? Then they would also fit easily to 64, 128, 256 vs the reverse. Easier to expand than decrease and worst case the potential loss of small amount of drive space 4 - 16 shouldn't make much difference. Just thinking the easier the better for the end user from a support perspective too.

Last edited:
I mainly use Samsung 850 Pro, 256, 512, 1TB ssd drives so I am good with the 256GB image, but I do have a few 240 EVO drives as well.

Niko, is the X2 expecting an specific drive size or partition size or both or it doesnt matter?

I'd like to use a spare 64GB SSD, so I'd vote for that size.

Der
Niko, is the X2 expecting an specific drive size or partition size or both or it doesnt matter?
I'd say he's doing it this way for simplistic reasons. It saves partition resizing and voodoo magic to get things to play nice

I would like to go with larger drive to be able to add more games if and when they are released. So I figured an ssd in the 200gb+ range should be good enough.

current multi is about 60gb from what I remember. I would assume 200gb would be well more than enough.

should you make disk images of 60, 120, 240 since those are common sizes for ssd? Then they would also fit easily to 64, 128, 256 vs the reverse. Easier to expand than decrease and worst case the potential loss of small amount of drive space 4 - 16 shouldn't make much difference. Just thinking the easier the better for the end user from a support perspective too.
Yea I can do that.
I mainly use Samsung 850 Pro, 256, 512, 1TB ssd drives so I am good with the 256GB image, but I do have a few 240 EVO drives as well.

Nah it doesnt matter. Just needs to have two partitions. One for C: and one for D:. i was initially going to try to keep it too one partition but then I'd have to turn off EWF and I thought it would be cleaner if everything was written to D anyways.

Nah it doesnt matter. Just needs to have two partitions. One for C: and one for D:. i was initially going to try to keep it too one partition but then I'd have to turn off EWF and I thought it would be cleaner if everything was written to D anyways.
how is the saved data being handled if the game drive is D:? or is D: just a reference?

Back