What's new
Guys, my two cents is that USUALLY the most probable reason for a I/O Error is........ a problem with the I/O !
that internal JVS I/O seems weird to me as most of the I/Os should connect into the PCI socket. That would be the main source of the problem IMHO. The second one can be that JAMMA IO adapter that you use. Try with a Sega Type 1 and see...

Guys, my two cents is that USUALLY the most probable reason for a I/O Error is........ a problem with the I/O !
that internal JVS I/O seems weird to me as most of the I/Os should connect into the PCI socket. That would be the main source of the problem IMHO. The second one can be that JAMMA IO adapter that you use. Try with a Sega Type 1 and see...
So for you it's a problem with the JVS I/O of the Type X2?
I already tried with a Sega JVS Type 1 inside a naomi cab, with a JVS-Jamma adapter type 1 rev.b and with a JVS-Jamma adapter type 2....all with the same results....

the TTX jvs io just translates the jvs rs 485 to rs232 and connects to the comm port of the pc. then a dll is called to handle the inputs from there.

That is very interesting information. Have you ever tried or can try to hook up one of these 485-232 adapters to the comm port, instead of the JVS PCB? Everything works properly?

If that's the case, then I'm inclined to say that the Jamma JVS that @glstar has is not the right one.

That is very interesting information. Have you ever tried or can try to hook up one of these 485-232 adapters to the comm port, instead of the JVS PCB? Everything works properly?

If that's the case, then I'm inclined to say that the Jamma JVS that @glstar has is not the right one.
So which JVS IO is needed to have the Type X2 working?
Or is just a problem of this specific game (Cyber Diver)?
Because it's strange, since i use 3 differents IO....

Did you connect the TTX2 to one vewlix? Because this was my solution.

It's only a problem with Cyber Diver.

almost all other games will work fine with a sega jamma to jvs.

It's only a problem with Cyber Diver.

almost all other games will work fine with a sega jamma to jvs.
Well so i have to do the multigame and try again.
And hope it will work with 9800gt

I don't think any of the multis work with 9800gt, but who knows...:)

It's easy to setup a 7900 card for the TX2 anyway..

I don't think any of the multis work with 9800gt, but who knows...:)

It's easy to setup a 7900 card for the TX2 anyway..
Thanks.
In case i'll try to source a 7900 card for the tx2.
Shame because the 9800 should have better performance than the 9700.....

The XIO error is because Cyber Driver requires a special I/O board to run properly.

There is nothing wrong with your hardware.

The GPU driver on the multigame only supports up to the 7900 series GPUs. You can use the 1.1beta which has an updated GPU driver, but it breaks Samurai Shodown Sen.

If your technical, I'd buy a 7900GS off ebay and flash it using my guide, or I'm sure one of the guys here wouldnt mind helping you out. Either way its fairly cheap and pretty easy to swap out the video card so thats the route I would recommend.

The XIO error is because Cyber Driver requires a special I/O board to run properly.

The GPU driver on the multigame only supports up to the 7900 series GPUs. You can use the 1.1beta which has an updated GPU driver, but it breaks Samurai Shodown Sen.

If your technical, I'd buy a 7900GS off ebay and flash it using my guide, or I'm sure one of the guys here wouldnt mind helping you out. Either way its fairly cheap and pretty easy to swap out the video card so thats the route I would recommend.
Well thank you very much for your help.
So using 1.1beta i should be able to have the multigame works just without SSS?
Well that's perfectly fine to me :)
Other way, all 7900 gs pci-e 256mb will works fine in tx2 after flashed them?
There's one better than another?

Yep, 1.1beta should work with your current card.

any "7900GS" will work perfectly fine in the TypeX2 once its flashed. You can even use other cards in the 7900 series family, like the 7900GT or 7950GT. Some of the beefier cards wont work though and there arnt any performance gains from using other cards so I'd just get a 7900GS.

Yep, 1.1beta should work with your current card.

any "7900GS" will work perfectly fine in the TypeX2 once its flashed. You can even use other cards in the 7900 series family, like the 7900GT or 7950GT. Some of the beefier cards wont work though and there arnt any performance gains from using other cards so I'd just get a 7900GS.
Thanks again.
For now i'll just use my 9800 then.
:)

I did a quick search but didn't find it...is there a link for the 1.1 beta?

Thank you!

Cyber Driver was leaked and dumped. But it uses a different I/O and stock video card.

So, do as Nik said: Convert your X2 to a X2 Fight Box.

Replace the stock video card and hard drive in the X2 with a re-flahsed Nvidia 7900GS and a Nikko-multi drive.

And, think about getting yourself a Capcom I/O or Sega Rev. B I/O (as these I/Os have been tested the most).

Back