What's new
Credits go to: @Niko for his DOS boot image :D
  • Write image to disk
  • Insert original PS2 keyboard. A USB to PS2 adapter will NOT work.
  • Connect VGA screen
  • See DOS boot up and feel nostalgic
  • cd TTX1GPU

info:
flashrom -i

save:
flashrom -s 0 original.bin

write:
flashrom -f -p 0 9600SE.BIN

Note:
The TTX has a watchdog on the JVS MASTER card which will reset the machine after 3 minutes.
If you want to make sure that your FLASHing session is not interrupted I would remove the cables going to the JVS MASTER card.

Please save your original BIOS and share it with us before flashing @AlxUnderBase !

https://we.tl/t-tsACLh9B4q

I am not responsible for any damage this might incur to your system. This is done at your own risk.
@rtw All the we.tl links in this thread no longer work. Could this be re-uploaded somewhere? Looking for a copy of this

Credits go to: @Niko for his DOS boot image :D
  • Write image to disk
  • Insert original PS2 keyboard. A USB to PS2 adapter will NOT work.
  • Connect VGA screen
  • See DOS boot up and feel nostalgic
  • cd TTX1GPU

info:
flashrom -i

save:
flashrom -s 0 original.bin

write:
flashrom -f -p 0 9600SE.BIN

Note:
The TTX has a watchdog on the JVS MASTER card which will reset the machine after 3 minutes.
If you want to make sure that your FLASHing session is not interrupted I would remove the cables going to the JVS MASTER card.

Please save your original BIOS and share it with us before flashing @AlxUnderBase !

https://anonfiles.com/SeS7R2Pcy0/TTX_MSDOS_GPU_rar

I am not responsible for any damage this might incur to your system. This is done at your own risk.

Hi, I have been on a journey getting my TTX running, and now am down to one final obstacle: the GPU bios. It seems the card I purchased from @davesarcades did not come with the Taito JAMMA BIOS, but instead a stock ATI BIOS. I tested mine and see I have the same problematic bios @AlxUnderBase and some others had. This results in all games working except TGM3, which plays blind (black screen, sound and controls function). I would like to use your TTX_MSDOS_GPU software, but the link to download seems to no longer work. Can your provide a new link? Thank you!

my_bios.jpg

Attachments

• ORIGINAL.BIN.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 67
I am new to the community and Taito Type Systems; I found a TTX+ for a reasonable price.
(I did try reading all the old posts for answers but I may have overlooked)
This is the current error I am receiving; this could be that my system is incompatible with the TTX Multi.
IMG_4220.jpg

Edit Here is my ttxshell Log:

Ttxshell, ver 4.8.2 (Aug 27 2022)
content delay: 0
dir delay: 0
file system sanity check passed
error, failure setting JVS address
verify power and cabling to the JVS IOTtxshell, ver 4.8.2 (Aug 27 2022)

Last edited:
It looks like your JVS IO is not connected.

Please enable logging and share the log here.

4.8.2 :
Added logging.
If e:\ttxshell.txt exists the program log will be appended to this file.
All new log entries will be appended to the existing file

It looks like your JVS IO is not connected.

Please enable logging and share the log here.

4.8.2 :
Added logging.
If e:\ttxshell.txt exists the program log will be appended to this file.
All new log entries will be appended to the existing file
I created a blank ttxshell.txt file in the games directory and this is what It logged.

Attachments

• ttxshell.txt
    845 bytes · Views: 74
Attached are some photos of the system maybe they can help.

Attachments

• 8FC0C869-EEAF-4426-8222-90ABF529ADB9.jpg
    8FC0C869-EEAF-4426-8222-90ABF529ADB9.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 18ACD0BB-4B43-4A47-9E2C-9DF16877F84C.jpg
    18ACD0BB-4B43-4A47-9E2C-9DF16877F84C.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 481EF473-5837-49DB-8097-4C50F2FC3B59.jpg
    481EF473-5837-49DB-8097-4C50F2FC3B59.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 737B3D37-9662-4113-BDB5-DF49BEA532A5.jpg
    737B3D37-9662-4113-BDB5-DF49BEA532A5.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4225.jpg
    IMG_4225.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 88
Assuming that's a photo of the system of everything connected in the back, you need to change where you have your JVS plugged in. You need to plug it in to the USB port labeled "JAMMA" on the PCI expansion card. You can't use the standard USB ports on the motherboard.

Assuming that's a photo of the system of everything connected in the back, you need to change where you have your JVS plugged in. You need to plug it in to the USB port labeled "JAMMA" on the PCI expansion card. You can't use the standard USB ports on the motherboard.
Ohhhh Rookie mistake on my part, Thank you for the tip!
(Also how do I thumb up posts?)
However, now it is throwing a different error any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpg
    IMG_4226.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 74
To thumbs up, click the like button below a post.

As for that error, I'm not sure. All I can tell you is the Japanese says access denied. Probably best if you create a new log file for rtw or someone else to look at

Considering it's a X+ HL2, I'm going to guess the video card isn't compatible. You will need to reflash the firmware or replace it with a compatible card.

Could you please remove the card and post photos?

That error means that the system can't talk to the JVS master board inside the TTX unit.

Trying to launch, but I get the error message "Could not open COM port: Error 5"
I have the JVS serial plugged in COM2, all the connections are solid, but there's also a slim chance it actually boots. I also just updated to 4.7.2 if that impacts anything

Back