What's new
Also worth noting: JVS uses a USB cable to carry signal, not a serial cable. You should not have a JVS board directly connected to any COM port on the motherboard regardless of the actual JVS I/O board or PC(B) you're plugging it into. The JVS I/O board should have a USB B connector, which you use a USB B->USB A cable to plug into the USB A slot on your PC(B) that's labeled JVS (or sometimes JAMMA), which should be on some sort of daughter/expansion card in the PC.

As mentioned above though, this image is not for a TTX2 anyways (and will not work on one). You should check out this thread if you're looking for a multi for a TTX2 - https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/a-freeware-taito-typex2-multigame.820/

Last edited:
The Taito JVS daughter card connects to a COM port on the motherboard.

I have a new version of the launcher which means you just use the original image with the encrypted container and then change one file. This fix will work on all TTX images. However I won't be back in front of my computer for at least a week 😅

I have a new version of the launcher which means you just use the original image with the encrypted container and then change one file. This fix will work on all TTX images. However I won't be back in front of my computer for at least a week 😅
That would be great thanks so much! And just to clarify, I meant I needed the unencrypted TGM3 alone, not the Multi with the other games.

I have created a patch which allows you to use the original dumped image of the TTX games. The flow goes something like this:

. Write original image to disk
. Replace one file
. Bootup
. No dongle required

This is as close to the original as one can get and is meant for people who want to use their original system.

Most of the TTX images are dumped and in MAME but not TGM3 which is a bit of a conundrum.

As for the loader, most of the code is written but needs some testing and verification before release.

It might, we will have to check.

Note: Each supported game has to be added to the loader explicitly.

Hello,

Is there a way to rotate games like Raiden 3 or Homura to rotate them and play in TATE rather than horizontal?

Thanks!

Hello,

Is there a way to rotate games like Raiden 3 or Homura to rotate them and play in TATE rather than horizontal?

Thanks!
Try Nxl version, work with Jconfig if it's for pc. Yoko or tate. If you're using original, i have not see option for that.
^^

As far as I remember there was an option in the config file of the game to do so for some of them.

The original Type X did not have any option to rotate the game. There might have been some hacks but I am not aware of them.
If you want to play in verizontal I suggest that you use the Nesica versions of these games.

I found something called "crt geometry mod", installed on almost TTX1 games. Changing the ROTATE value inside the cfg file related to that mod, did the trick.

Hello everyone, how are you? I have tried to do the tutorial that you mentioned about taito type x1 and I have some problems.

When starting the system this error appears:

1.jpeg

After hitting enter with a PS2 keyboard the image jumps and I have to change the card connection from the DVI port to the VGA port for the image to appear
5.jpg
4.jpg

In this step it lets me select a game but the com2 error does not disappear until the game starts without problems
2.jpg

but this only works for me on a computer monitor but if I connect the VGA cable to the Arcade the screen does not look good, the image appears double.

6.jpeg

my configuration
Taito type x Original
Memory 256
Procesador Original
DD SSD 256 System Taito Typex multi 4.72 explained in this forum

I don't know if you can help me @rtw thank you

Last edited:
Hello everyone, how are you? I have tried to do the tutorial that you mentioned about taito type x1 and I have some problems.

When starting the system this error appears:

1.jpeg

After hitting enter with a PS2 keyboard the image jumps and I have to change the card connection from the DVI port to the VGA port for the image to appear
5.jpg
4.jpg

In this step it lets me select a game but the com2 error does not disappear until the game starts without problems
2.jpg

but this only works for me on a computer monitor but if I connect the VGA cable to the Arcade the screen does not look good, the image appears double.

6.jpeg

my configuration
Taito type x Original
Memory 256
Procesador Original
DD SSD 256 System Taito Typex multi 4.72 explained in this forum

I don't know if you can help me @rtw thank you
Did you set your CRT to VGA mode? Some monitors can not auto switch between resolutions, so check to see if your CRT has a dip switch. Also, the bottom VGA port will work on a standard resolution display. I've tested a Taito Type X on my Astrocity. Make sure you only plug the vga cable into the VGA port only, to make it boot up in standard resolution. At least that's what I noticed from my experience.

Back