What's new
Can anyone direct me to the post number that can help me troubleshoot an Issue I have with version 2.0? I came from version 1.4 and am using JVS I/O Rev B 838-13683-93 board.
For some reason, when I get to the game select menu, I choose the game then press the Player 1 LK button and it takes me to the command prompt. Prior to this, the game would load. I have since loaded the version 2.0 image and the instructions are completely different but my controls no longer work, not even the directional controls from Player 1.

I want to look through all 127 pages of this thread eventually but I just need to see the release notes/ differences between 1.4 and 2.0 that would cause my JVS controls not to load a game.

Thanks for any input!

Are you using a HAS on your 838-13683-93 ? If so you might have remapped some buttons inadvertently...

Not really too familiar with that acronym. I'm hoping my mappings are the culprit. I found it odd that when I was running 1.4, the P1 directional keys worked, popping in the 2.0, now they don't.

How do you connect your joystics to the JAMMA edge on the 838-13683-93 JVS IO ?

I'm using a Sanwa 5 pin joystick.

UP: Pin 18
DOWN: Pin 19
LEFT: Pin 20
RIGHT: PIN 21
LP: Pin 22

This probably doesn't help much. I will probably have to tear out the JVS and trace the wires properly to get better pictures.

Which ground on the JVS I/O should be used for the switches/buttons?

It's a little hard to take a pic of the wires as they are inside the cab but here are some images:

JVS I/O:
2020-07-21.jpeg

SANWA Joystick and PIN22 (LP). Ground is on Pin 28
2020-07-21c.jpg
I don't have the other buttons wired yet but I can't get to the System menu until I can get a game to load.

Command Prompt when selecting SF4 Import on version 1.4. (Version 2.0 does not let me select using PIN22.
2020-07-21b.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures.

What kind of X2 do you have ? Do you have a FAST IO card in it ?

I have added 1 x 512 MB (Micron module MT4HTF6464AY-667E1 1RX16,like the original one already there) RAM to get 1 GB RAM. When it boots, it's displayed 256 MB RAM after NVidia 7900GS graphics card specs.
What's the prob ? Do I have to rely a keyboard to enter the setup ?
My model is a 209A, mobo REV.01B with a P4 CPU.

Thanks for the pictures.

Model215A. I'm not sure it's a FastIO card but its the JVS that comes with my console. (Circled in red, this is just a sample image but similar to mine)
TTX2.jpg

I think I need to rewire the whole harness to make sure I'm not missing any connections. Should Ground be shared between all switches? Since JAMMA has multiple ground connections, but all grounds are not connected to each other in my harness.

If you take out the new RAM, does it report 512mb then?
It's displayed 256 MB with or without the new one added. Btw, it's sticked 512 MB RAM on the mobo.
The 256mb is for the video card not the mainboard ram. x2 doesn't post the system ram on boot up
I've noticed it's a mistake a bit after. Thanx.

I will launch a TTX2 HDD with boot.ini edited to boot standard Win GUI and I will check RAM in System.

Thanks for the pictures.

Model215A. I'm not sure it's a FastIO card but its the JVS that comes with my console. (Circled in red, this is just a sample image but similar to mine)TTX2.jpg

I think I need to rewire the whole harness to make sure I'm not missing any connections. Should Ground be shared between all switches? Since JAMMA has multiple ground connections, but all grounds are not connected to each other in my harness.
I don't see any Fast io there. You don't have it.

Fast io should be next to what you have circled in red, it should be an Ethernet port. Fast io is a PCI Express card, unlike TX3 one.

Just on a side note if anyone’s selling a fast I/o pci card for the x2 I’m looking for one. :thumbsup:

Not someone I’ve heard of but I’ll look him up, cheers :)

update - I’ve searched for marvetto but he’s not been active since 24th September 2019, has anyone spoken to him recently?

Last edited:
Back