What's new
Hello Darksoft yes using a PSU that delivers 5.4v and recap the 2200uf cap definitely reduced the glitches there are still some in samurai V perfect.
Could you give some information on what power is drained by de multicart Aes cartridge in amps ? As the standard official cartridge all work perfectly so I assume that the power requirements are totally different. Would increasing the 2200uf cap to 4300uf help ?
Hi @Royalsystemcrt were you able to change the cap?

I have never had an older version of the firmware installed. I have had the Multi cart for less than 1 month. I installed the latest firmware and menu when it arrived. It has always been like this.

My original AES games all work fine.

Thanks
Hi Chalks,
can you please post a picture of your PSUs? It looks to me like a small problem with power.

Does your AES have some mods? Can you try with another AES and confirm that the problem also happens there?

If you want you can send it back and we'll have a look. If it's faulty we'll change it, but my guts tell me that it's a problem related to power. At least the sound fading and GFX fading.

Hi Chalks,
can you please post a picture of your PSUs? It looks to me like a small problem with power.

Does your AES have some mods? Can you try with another AES and confirm that the problem also happens there?

If you want you can send it back and we'll have a look. If it's faulty we'll change it, but my guts tell me that it's a problem related to power. At least the sound fading and GFX fading.
Hi!

Here are some pics of my psu. I bought it off ebay.

I don't know anyone who has a AES, unfortunately. It would be difficult to try it on another AES.

I don't think my AES has had any mods. The feet on the console base look original and untouched.

Let me know what you think .

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6588.jpg
    IMG_6588.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6587.jpg
    IMG_6587.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 133
That looks good to me, but I can't say if the power output is good. Are you able to try with a different PSU? If you prefer, send it back and I'll have a look.

Thanks.

I tried it with my original PSU (Neo-Pow 3) 700ma. It has the same problems. No difference.
Do you think I should send it to you then?

Thanks

Hi @Royalsystemcrt were you able to change the cap?
Hi Darksoft I ordered some caps to recap all .
What level of voltage or tolerance around the 5v is expected by the multi AES?
.Would Glitches and sound issues be related to voltage below 5v and what would be the max voltage to not damage the cart 5.3v ?
So far the mesures I made on the daughter board with 5.4v input regulates down to 4.9v...so the multicart is not getting 5v but close changing the 2200uf by new one reduced the glitches .I just think the power peaks might not be handled properly by 2200uf due to the 3.3 and 3.5 transistor regulator. I keep you posted .

Hello @Darksoft ,

being an AES multi owner now (long story below)**, I have a problem with the settings not being saved.
I've read that they are saved onto the sd card, right!?
Everything else seems to work fine, though :)

If it's a file on the sd card, may i get a standard settings file from someone here?
Just to check if it might be read FROM the card...

Regards
plx

I wanna say thank you for letting me return the MVS multi a long time ago.
And I want to say thank you for the good support HERE, that still is going on steadily, as I can read in these forums.
Meanwhile, I had the luck to get an inexpensive AES, and I bought the flash cart from TO - there you can see "support" going into the opposite
direction. This went to the climax the TO Forums being closed some time ago - I was so disappointed.
One thing lead to the other and I bought the DS AES multi. Good decision!

Hello Darksoft ,
I finally understood my issue (glitches)
I am talking for Aes 3.3 an 3.5 with the green power transistor NEC A1442 this regulator needs 5.5v to regulate the 5v on the mother board .
AES consumption with standard cart 1.25A 5.6v samurai spirits
AES with multicart 1.6 to 1.3A under 5.6v

The 5.6v are measured on the exit of power supply barrel.After the green regulator =5.07v on the main board.

The prow pow is dropping under 5v so 4.98v and not completely glitches free .

So what might help your fans (customers)is to avoid any after market PSU were voltage = 5v as the regulator will issue 4.7v generating all sorts of Glitches reboots ....this PSU guide you share is good for the other régulation systems or standard cart but not 5v powered Aes and Darksoft multicart.

I use an adjustable PSU set to 5.6v and so far the games with issues play fine know 😊

Very nice product you have made once it does not Glitch :)

Attachments

• PXL_20210120_205654838.jpg
    PXL_20210120_205654838.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 158
this regulator needs 5.5v to regulate the 5v on the mother board .
Really?? ||

So what might help your fans (customers)is to avoid any after market PSU were voltage = 5v as the regulator will issue 4.7v generating all sorts of Glitches reboots ....this PSU guide you share is good for the other régulation systems or standard cart but not 5v powered Aes and Darksoft multicart.

I use an adjustable PSU set to 5.6v and so far the games with issues play fine know 😊
That makes complete sense and I'm really pissed that I didn't think of this before. From what you are saying, this applies to 5V AES only, right?

I'd like to hear what some of the experts on the system have to say.... @l_oliveira, @fafangus, @nem, @mathewbeall ....

Really?? ||

That makes complete sense and I'm really pissed that I didn't think of this before. From what you are saying, this applies to 5V AES only, right?

I'd like to hear what some of the experts on the system have to say.... @l_oliveira, @fafangus, @nem, @mathewbeall ....
Hello Darksoft yes it would apply only to the 5v powered Aes that use original pro-pow that issues 5.45v and use the green power transistor that requires a voltage Delta . Use a 5 v and you forum will keep you busy 😜 .
The other solution is to replace by the new switching regulator used in the latest neo Aes.
Maybe there are non regulated motherboard so I would not try to put in 5.6 v in those 🔥🔥🔥
What would be the min operating voltage for the multicart? And max ?

Attachments

• f598fd10.jpg
    f598fd10.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 115
  • neogeoaespsuguide-02.jpg
    neogeoaespsuguide-02.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 116
Here for 20€ something that works

Attachments

• PXL_20210123_104613803.jpg
    PXL_20210123_104613803.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 135
The other solution is to replace by the new switching regulator used in the latest neo Aes.
Let me open mine. Which switch regulator do you have and which one do you propose to use on those troubling 5V AES?

Maybe there are non regulated motherboard so I would not try to put in 5.6 v in those 🔥🔥🔥
I'll let @l_oliveira and other experts to answer on that.

Let me open mine. Which switch regulator do you have and which one do you propose to use on those troubling 5V AES?

I'll let @l_oliveira and other experts to answer on that.
On my 3.3 an 3.5 I have the green NEC A1442 power transistor that will require 5.5v out of the power supply to work with the AES see picture above green chip . I propose to use the Mean Well LRS-50 Series 50W 5V that have an adjustment on the 5 v 🙂 and avoid the console mod .

That's of course a very good option, so you plan to use the Mean Well LRS-50 as PSU, right?

Yes , could you confirm the voltage tolerance of the Darksoft multi AES min an max ?

Back