What's new

mpatou

Student
Reaction score
Good evening

My message is about this project by djyt (or just yt) who also made the SEGA X board Memory Test Software roms.

Here is the link
http://reassembler.blogspot.com/2017/04/afterburner-2-enhanced-edition.html

It looks awesome, I filled in the form to get the roms, also provided a picture of my After Burner II uprigt cab with me, but no answer... As the project is 6 years old now, I'm afraid it's too late.

Does anyone know how to contact the author djyt or yt? I found his github, that's all I have...

Thanks a lot!

This is relevant to my interests as I'm currently searching for an AfterBurner DX. If you find them, please share!

I made some UV window stickers for the enhanced edition EPROMs. I got a few leftover, anyone interested in these?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 61
Nope. These are custom labels I ordered through an online service. They required a minimum amount for purchase so I'm just stuck with a bunch of them.

Thanks for offering them. Anyone knows if the creator is active on any forum and what nickname he uses?

Thanks for you replies! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one interested in this project!

@Esoteric_rt : many thanks for the rom files, I'll try them as soon as I have some 27c1000 ^^

@nem : I've just tried through twitter, I have a very old account I created long ago to contact Ryuichi Nishizawa, and haven't used it since then. I'm not very good with it, I hope it's gonna work. Thanks for the tips

Last edited:
Hi

We've just chatted a little with Chris White, and he declines the invitation.
Besides, he's a bit unhappy about the fact that his personal email address has been publicly given here, as for the rom files (that contains copyrighted code from product still commercially exploited by SEGA today).
@Darksoft : On behalf of Chris White, could your please remove the email address and the link to rom files? He would really appreciate.

In the recent re-releases of Shenmue1+2 (on PS4 and Xbox) you can play AfterBurner 2. This game is still available for online purchase, I believe we can consider AfterBurner 2 still exploited by SEGA.
But anyway, this is SEGA's IP, they can be pretty aggressive about it. Some websites offering ROMs for download had legal issues with SEGA, even Porchy removed all modded ROM files from his website (where the UK WBML romfiles I worked on were hosted) to keep away from troubles.

Chris White had his name, his modded roms and his personnal email address on the same page...I really understand his point of view, even though it helped me contacting him...

He also told me the procedure to get the romfiles or the programmed eproms from his page is still available. If you need those, try this way, and if it doesn't work, you can report here and I would hand it over to him.

Back