What's new
Good call! I usually leave them off, but it makes sense for a multi. Materials ordered. At this point I'm just deciding if I want to go with a more traditional, simple rounded corner design, or the more stylized one above.

Recently a bug was found:
https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=8541

This bug is also in the multi:
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dXPqGRvMceQ

To fix it on multi is very simple change (rompack 2.0) is @ 855fA in CPU2 rom needs the value 67 changed to 60 in a hex editor or your rom burning software and it's good to go!
We will call this fix "2.1" , the pack will be updated soon to include this fix.

If you are on older versions here is the update history:

1.3:
Initial early release

1.5:
Added Big Striker (ported from 1C hardware)
Fixed Priority of in your face cut aways (thanks to Dink / Haze)
Improvements to Legend of makai
Plus alpha bonus rounds fixed (thanks to rtw for finding this bug!)
Other misc minor adjustments from feedback / testing

2.0:
Fixed Legend of makai for good!

2.1:
Fix crash regarding bonus items in Shingen (thanks to Haze)

Over the weekend I put together a ROM label set for this.
label_example.png

You can download and find a dedicated thread here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/jaleco-mms1-multi-mega-system-1-a-rom-labels.25424/
Thanks
A48427E8-875A-4A84-BFC2-281D8E3CA190.jpeg

@mthingn : was it worth the wait ? :P

Sorry to all others still waiting, i will try and get the remaining shipped out soon as possible so they will arrive for your christmas parties :)

Zero bugs known now so i can focus more on clearing the decks!

Did y

Sorry to all others still waiting, i will try and get the remaining shipped out soon as possible so they will arrive for your christmas parties :)

Did you fix the Hachoo bug?

It has been determined that the japan text only shows on the (undumped) japan romset.
The only rom we have is world ROM.

I hear this japan romset will be dumped soon.
I hope everyone has been checking the romboards for new versions whilst upgrading to multi there does seem to be a lot of region variants missing still.

For now, if you want to see the jap / english text in some games a hack(s) is needed.

Did y

Did you fix the Hachoo bug?

Attachments

• 0001.png
    0001.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 0000.png
    0000.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 0000.png
    0000.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 37
Just about done with a nice enclosure for this thing :)

What's missing:
- middle standoffs
- printed volume knobs that will mechanically connect from the board to the enclosure
- printed grommets for the dip cutouts
- better laser settings. Rough edges and burns that I'm very unhappy with.

(and, yes, I accidentally put the top plate on backwards during fitment...)

1700512876355.png

1700512889595.png

1700512859715.png

Attachments

• 1700512826851.png
    1700512826851.png
    941.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Just about done with a nice enclosure for this thing :)

What's missing:
- middle standoffs
- printed volume knobs that will mechanically connect from the board to the enclosure
- printed grommets for the dip cutouts
- better laser settings. Rough edges and burns that I'm very unhappy with.

(and, yes, I accidentally put the top plate on backwards during fitment...)

Sign me up! :thumbsup:

Crossing my fingers that I'm not on some naughty list for a Christmas Miracle :D

BTW @plasticfactory count me in for a custom case if you do a run. That's SICK!

The case is looking really sweet!
It really makes sense for this one too, these jaleco are a fragile beast with those ceramic customs.

Looks like the lid is on wrong? (needs 180 spin so the heat sinks are above the text)

Indeed it is, I buttoned it all up for the test fit and didn't notice until after taking the pictures! :thumbdown: In any case, I appreciate the kind words. I intend to do a run of these after fulfilling the Primal Rage enclosures -- I'll post a link when that time comes.

by chance, is there any future possibility of a game selector device?

by chance, is there any future possibility of a game selector device?
When the "CPU CARD" is done i'll probably do an onscreen menu for it because there won't be enough switches anyway ;)

Found out why some boards sound bad - the stereo / mono switch is missing, attached is the mod to add the switch.
If you have the 8743 type then you already have the switch.

Attachments

• IMAG1042.jpg
    IMAG1042.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 56
ooo! Do you have any rough idea on dimensions? I'd like to account for this in advance if possible

ooo! Do you have any rough idea on dimensions? I'd like to account for this in advance if possible
It simply does not exist yet :)

However it will only affect height so the case will work the same just may need the corner posts to be extended.
The cpu will be raised to about the level of the romboard, and the romboard may get some plug in bits so allow about 1.5-2 inch for the stack to sit.

Back