What's new
Hi, searching for a donor board toi, but do you have any news of Hammy ? No sign of life, and still waiting to received my multi ...

Hammy is stuck in the land of SNAFU as usual.
Don't worry everything will be sorted when the stars align!

In a pile of parts board recently, there is this « b-type » p-47 rom board… which will not fit on the parts board (missing a few parts). My other rom board fits though… which means it would be ok for the multi.

Attachments

• IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6631.jpeg
    IMG_6631.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 64
there's actually 3 or 4 variants of the P-47 ROM board they're functionally identical, and none of them are compatible for conversion.

You don't need a ROM board at all for the multi though, the multi is it's own ROM board. All you need is the mobo

I said it wrong: the spare mainboard i have accepts my rom board, which i took off my working mainboard to use for the multi.
The version b board doesn’t fit on it, which means there is a b version mainboard somewhere that will accept it… i don’t know if that b version mainboard is ok for a multi. I am assuming no since the multi fits on my working board but not this one.

Ill take a picture of the connectors to show the differences

oh interesting.
I have a Kick Off ROM board that doesn't fit in any of the main boards that I've owned, as the connectors are over-sized.

IIRC when I first started playing around with Mega System 1 I was told by a few people that P47 board sets where incompatible with other games, and it wasn't until I went out of my way to try and prove it that people changed their mind. I wonder if there is an alternate mobo that uses different connectors.

so this is the "working one" AKA 8843:
IMG_6646.jpg

notice the lip at the bottom of the connector.

and here's the other one, AKA 8844 on the right, with no such single lip : it's a lip on both side actually so it doesn't fit in the female connector, which (get out of the gutter mind) has only one lip
IMG_6647.jpg

looking closer, OF COURSE, the "bad one" is a mother "F" ing Fujitsu connector!
IMG_6649.jpg

the 8843 connector only has a 8816 marking on it
IMG_6650.jpg

And that's a wrap !

are there any markings on the mobo to differentiate the different style connectors?

the good news is that the multi uses a thinner generic connector and should fit on either of those mobo connector types

Hammy is stuck in the land of SNAFU as usual.
Don't worry everything will be sorted when the stars align!
I don't really understand your answer. I Can understand that you have problems, but don't leave me without answer. I've pm you and didn't received any answer. Can you please give me news. Thanks

I know there's people waiting, The list on page 1 will get updated when things are shipped.
There's no update yet... and i promise NOTHING will happen this weekend either as the UK is closed down for bank holiday AGAIN.
Aside from that have been very busy with real life problems, that's how it goes around here SNAFU as always.

the good news is that the multi uses a thinner generic connector and should fit on either of those mobo connector types

Indeed! the multi has the slimline connectors, although sometimes needed a little sand down on either side to fit the tighter motherboard.
I think they just switched parts mid-run of these boards when the fuji ones become unavailable.

Will refresh the list now, but don't get excited yet...
I'll update you with your shipping hopefully in the next few days.

These will all be clear very soon. It will be very nice to have a break from it when it's all over :)

I also want to buy a multi kit, what should I do?
I live in Korea.
I'd like to know the price and how to buy it

Anything special I should implement into this (WIP) enclosure? It still needs a lot of work.

I'm undecided how to implement a dip guide (the material will be matte white in color, with a blue backer for the logo)

Love the case design - sign me up for one once it's done!

As for a DIP Guide, I suggest printing a replacable sticker in case the ROM set gets updated later.

Love the case design - sign me up for one once it's done!

As for a DIP Guide, I suggest printing a replacable sticker in case the ROM set gets updated later.

Appreciate it! I still have to work out making all these Primal Rage enclosures, but will likely do a single run of these before releasing the files publicly. I'll send you a PM when things are ready.

I think tomorrow I will have the design finalized -- there have been a lot of cosmetic revisions since posting earlier.

It still needs a few tweaks but I think I'm ready to order some material.

Grey "shaded with edges" display mode doesn't do too many favors, lol.

1696611042882.png

Last edited:
Back