What's new
Yah I'm all set for CPS3 gear, that thing would never fit through my door :D

I might have to send mine to him as well…

Finally received mine and it’s complaining about lack of RAM… got some more trying to do!

Clean the cart connector, try different SIMMS in the slot to check if it’s a bad SIMM or a slot issue

Also check for any corrosion around the CCU and PPU - slots 1 and 2 connected to the CCU, 3-6 to the PPU

Yep, I need to do that kind of testing on it this weekend…. By the time I finished testing the other 18 PCBs before I got to this one, found it had issues and called it a day! Haha

Ask yourself this - how often will you ever play a game outside of 3s? If you can say many times, then Ultra SIMMS would be for you.

For me, there's no way I'm playing anything else but 3s so I can't see myself buying the Ultra SIMMS anytime soon.

For me the benefit of the UltraSIMMs is unlocking all the other games “realistically”. Sure thing, with regular SIMMs there was no way I was reflashing another game to play for a bit and then go back to 3s at 45-50 minutes per flash. However — with UltraSIMMs it’s a simple process and it’s also part-reason why they exist.

I play both the JoJo’s games and 2nd Impact fairly often now and I don’t even use vanilla 3s anymore as I much prefer
the re:THIRD colour palettes. There’s also 4th Strike if you have a standard SH2 and other hacks incoming I believe.

I recently sold a full set of SIMMs and the CD Drive and it was a good 75% of the way there to cover retail costs of the UltraSIMMs. Food for thought, it’s 1 game vs 6 and a much tidier setup without the need of anything plugged into the SCSI port.

If you’re only going to play Third Strike, yeah no need. But if you want to unlock the small CPS-3 library and have colour hacks for 3s at your fingertips with instant loading, then it’s UltraSIMMs all the way.

I’ve never played and if the CPS3 games, so part of it is ease of use and time saved to try them all out!

I don’t have a favourite yet, so would need to try them to work that out.

I like the fact that it does away with some wiring (at the cost of some new wiring), so installation takes less space… and also “saves” buying a SCSI2SD.

Main thing holding me back is the DIP switches, I think if that guy on here gets a web interface setup going I’d be sold!

Oh yeah, Warzard looks fantastic actually. It’s just too bloody difficult for me. Maybe I’m playing it wrong.

I'm not gonna lie I definitely sucked at it, I'm sure there's a way to cheese it at least as Leo. I might have to fire it up on mame and try again!

At the very least, Warzard is a very pretty game. Just remind yourself when you see it in action that this game came out in 1996, absolutely stunning.

Hi everyone, bit late to the party, finally getting back in to the scene after a bit of a hiatus.

1. KellyNUTS
2. Geelong, Victoria
3. Cant offer anything decent atm besides a friendly, enthusiastic attitude. But I love to learn and plan on learning a LOT, once I do ill definitely be helping out others as much as I can.
4. Recommendations on a good Aussie based one stop(or almost)online shop to buy a lot of arcade parts as I am pretty much re-starting from scratch.
EG: pretty much need everything to build a countertop JAMMA setup to test my PCB's so I can sell a few of them and use that $$ to buy a MultiCPS2(or 2) from @djsheep :D
5. No website links... yet.

Welcome! I'm sure this is the same avatar from the 360 days when we used to play for SF4! :D

Wow, how time flies hey!?! That woulda been a good 10 years ago or so, do you still ever play SF4 online?

Yeah definitely! I think it was whirlpool where I met most of my sf4 ppl :)

I still play SF4 online sometimes - then I realise I'm playing SFV :D :D (I still play SFV like it was SF4 HAHAHA)

Most of my gaming these days are on 90s/00s games haha

Well that sucks

Edit: looks like UPS/DHL/FedEx aren’t affected so more expensive but still possible

LRG use a freight forwarding service, not sure if they use USPS or not or how affected they will be.

If they are I think they will just make an announcement about it and refunds will be offered if requested

International flights to US are starting again from 1/11 so that should help postage but it will take a while to catch up

Back