What's new
SUN PSU has 3.3V, yes.

Both MS8 and MS9 are dual sync, so 15khz and 24khz.

I think I might buy one of these Sun PSUs then can @Lemony Vengeance modify it to work with the VF3 board?

—-

Also seen this one although pricey looks nice.

IMG_7492.png

Attachments

• IMG_7491.png
    IMG_7491.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Got the IR blaster and amp setup. Speakers sound great.

IMG_7502.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7501.png
    IMG_7501.png
    335 KB · Views: 43
IMG_7516.jpeg

Made a little progress on this. Analog stick works in Capcom v SNK. Got a USB-A to USB-A cable, installed driver, updated firmware, but when I tried to save setting from the website setting maker thing it wouldn’t save to the device it didn’t seem like. Still says my IO board with bios version instead of just the name I selected.

Drilled out coin box lock. Tried to pick it but couldn’t (I have no skills). Found one 1976 200th Anniversary quarter 🤣

A4817789-7FBF-444D-9455-1B1E40D5031D.jpeg

Installed locks. Realized Astro 2 has 6 locks though since the back has a lock. Darn. I need one more lol.
IMG_7538.jpeg

IMG_7614.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_7623.jpeg

Although expensive got coins from Gate Ninety capcom, Sega, and Taito. Keychains for my keys, and ash trays for my chain smoking (jk just coins) Neato.

Why am I so stupid. Worked on coin mech to try to get it to accept tokens. Well crap the slot ain’t big enough 🤣. Does anyone make slightly bigger slots for tokens for candy cabs?

IMG_7650.jpeg

if you're feeling plucky, you can file the slot to widen it enough to fit the token :)
Think I need to pay more attention when buying stuff lol. So the Taito coins are the bigger diameter that won’t pass through. The Sega and Capcom tokens are the smaller diameter and pass through no problem like yen (well from the top cp coin slot at least) think my issue is the coins are magnetic (magnetized?) and get stuck on the coin mech magnet. Taking out the magnet not sure yet, seems attached to hinge and confused how to remove for rn. But that’s par for the course for me 🤣

Last edited:
IMG_7717.jpeg
Got my monitor chassis back today from Sharp. That was fast! Reconnected it and put it back in the cabinet with the tube. I’m tired.

IMG_7718.jpeg

Alberto panels should be here Tuesday. Getting close.

Last edited:
Think I need to pay more attention when buying stuff lol. So the Taito coins are the bigger diameter that won’t pass through. The Sega and Capcom tokens are the smaller diameter and pass through no problem like yen (well from the top cp coin slot at least) think my issue is the coins are magnetic (magnetized?) and get stuck on the coin mech magnet. Taking out the magnet not sure yet, seems attached to hinge and confused how to remove for rn. But that’s or for the course for me 🤣
Once you can free the magnet, just turn it around and put it back in so you don’t lose it. It will now repel ferrous tokens and coins.

IMG_7721.jpeg

My version of a clothesline. I didn’t have anything to work on so pulled out the cp harnesses my blast and og astro came with that im not currently using from storage and cleaned them.

Last edited:
Back