What's new
Have the speakers you ordered for your replacement coming next week. Should be fun to replace.....

It's what I hated the most with the blast. That and taking the monitor in and out :D

I would highly recommend JIS screw drivers if you don't have any. I had some decent success with an impact drill and a Phillips head #2, but I ended up stuffing two screws up

It's what I hated the most with the blast. That and taking the monitor in and out :D

I would highly recommend JIS screw drivers if you don't have any. I had some decent success with an impact drill and a Phillips head #2, but I ended up stuffing two screws up
I ended up replacing all the screws with non-JIS ones once I managed to get them out. Was a pretty good choice. Those things are really annoying to get removed :/

Sorry for the necro bump, just thought this might be useful for someone out there. I wasn't happy with what I did for my speakers so I gave it another shot. I should have checked in on this thread though, I like those 3d printed brackets for the Aura NS2x3-184-4A's.

I pulled out the SC 4.9 FL's because they're just not very good. Now I'm just using Sony 1-529-595-11's in the bottom position with the center hole taped over. I also did a better job sealing the box and it made a huge difference for bass response.

The last thing I did was I finally did something about my sound amp. I have one of those Bass Fishing cabs, so I've got a separate model 3 psu and sound amp and transformer. The volume pot was really corroded and noisy (the story was that this cabinet was on location at a boardwalk), the left channel was lower than the right, and it really just didn't sound good. I replaced it all with a Lepai LP-2020TI (I had put an older Lepai LP-2020A+ in my Cyber Lead years ago to replace the failing stock amp) and it's like night and day. It sounds so much clearer at all volumes, and the real game changer is the treble/bass controls. You can dial back the treble so the tweeters aren't assaulting you anymore. It was also nice to just get rid of a lot of excess wiring and the big transformer.

I ended up doing the repair (I know I installed the 3d printed brackets incorrectly, sue me). It sounds “alright”. I felt the original ones were a bit punchier. However, the highs are still cracking when playing 3s. I’m assuming the tweeters need replacing. However, I haven’t seen any replacements for the tweeters on this thread. Anyone else tried to replace those as well?

FC7D701B-9F59-4299-A8BE-A8EBAD2E6B49.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C4199A9-F790-4FEB-B24C-6B0035B76B07.jpeg
    8C4199A9-F790-4FEB-B24C-6B0035B76B07.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 120
  • FE4849BB-DFB3-4BC9-9991-2130A0681C39.jpeg
    FE4849BB-DFB3-4BC9-9991-2130A0681C39.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 117
Alberto hooked me up with these replacement speakers
IMG_20220329_190519.jpg

IMG_20220329_190527.jpg
Will these be pretty plug-and-play? Any idea if I'll have to add any magnetic shielding like @Thomas did here? Should I replace the tweeters too, and if so, what are the best replacements?

Alberto hooked me up with these replacement speakers
Will these be pretty plug-and-play? Any idea if I'll have to add any magnetic shielding like @Thomas did here? Should I replace the tweeters too, and if so, what are the best replacements?
Those are shielded so the metal plate will not be necessary however i think the original speakers are 4 ohm wired in series so some modification will be necessary

Those are shielded so the metal plate will not be necessary however i think the original speakers are 4 ohm wired in series so some modification will be necessary

Yeah, looks like the originals were 4, so 8 ohms total with 2 wired in series. I could get 16 ohms with these in series, or 4 in parallel. It should be safe to wire these in in series, right? A bit quieter, but it shouldn't damage the amp or anything. I assume it'd be fine since he sold me these for the Blast specifically.

Would anybody happen to have a use for a pair of blast speaker assemblies? Selling for a friend~!

I ended up doing the repair (I know I installed the 3d printed brackets incorrectly, sue me). It sounds “alright”. I felt the original ones were a bit punchier. However, the highs are still cracking when playing 3s. I’m assuming the tweeters need replacing. However, I haven’t seen any replacements for the tweeters on this thread. Anyone else tried to replace those as well?
I'm using Dayton Audio ND20FB-4 for the tweeters and I like them.
Yeah, looks like the originals were 4, so 8 ohms total with 2 wired in series. I could get 16 ohms with these in series, or 4 in parallel. It should be safe to wire these in in series, right? A bit quieter, but it shouldn't damage the amp or anything. I assume it'd be fine since he sold me these for the Blast specifically.
There's no risk damaging the amp if wired as 16 ohms but there is a risk of damage if wired at 4 ohms if the amp wasn't designed to go that low.

Aurasound are back in stock!

33$ for four… 46$ of shipping. What the hell is wrong with us shipping cost? /rant over

Ordered.

Covid shipping tax :(

I received the email too saying they're now back in stock.. I'm tempted to buy a set for my other blast for whenever they die

4 Tiny Aurasound speakers received, amazingly double boxed (at least, for the price of shipping, they were not cheap on packing material!) and I just understood four are needed per blast..... so I should have bought 8.

*sigh* Happy monday... I mean Tuesday everyone

4 Tiny Aurasound speakers received, amazingly double boxed (at least, for the price of shipping, they were not cheap on packing material!) and I just understood four are needed per blast..... so I should have bought 8.

*sigh* Happy monday... I mean Tuesday everyone
How much was it for all 4? I also need 8 😪

3 posts up! :D
Whoops I've been following the thread for a while but totally didn't read from the top.
So after shipping works out to about what $20 per speaker?
I think I'll just get the NOS ones instead.

Whoops I've been following the thread for a while but totally didn't read from the top.
since you're in the states shipping will be very low so I suggest you add them to your cart and see how much they want for shipping...

for a set aura speakers (4) including shipping it is $42.87. I feel this is much cheaper than paying potentially $80 dollars for 1 used speaker from Yaton

How do you get the speaker boxes out? I've removed my monitor, then I unscrewed the two screws connecting the two brackets to the cab. The speaker box doesn't seem to budge though.

Back