What's new
To check if your Zero Pic is correct, try changing the region.

Insert Zero Pic. Then go into the test menu using the test button go down to system information and press the service button 30 times.

For Chihiro you have to press service button 15 times until GAMEID appears. Then press service a further 30 times.

For Chihiro you have to press service button 15 times until GAMEID appears. Then press service a further 30 times.

I only get GAMEID of SBJE - nothing else happens when I press the service button after the GAME ID appears.

I'm assuming my Zero Pic isn't working properly then?

Sounds like it is not working which is strange. Can you show us a picture of your Chihiro unit please.

It's a type 3

5dMcuhQl.jpg

With the following information

65PwAqtl.jpg

CF card was created by using your tool

Code:
D:\Naomi\CF\gcfi_1.30>gcfi -r -s 0x3432 -d I:\ -l ABC.BIN -g CRAZYTAXIHR.bin
os version    : 10.0 (19044)
logical drive : I:\
size          : 961MB
sector size   : 512
removing files: done
physical drive: 3
sector offset : 0x3432
game file     : CRAZYTAXIHR.bin
file size     : 416862208 bytes
loader file   : ABC.BIN
output file   : CRAZYTAX.BIN
region byte   : unknown, encrypted file
game crc32    : 0xb0a9c447
loader crc32  : 0x4f563bb8
copying file  : CRAZYTAXIHR.bin -> I:\CRAZYTAX.BIN
generating xor: done
creating csum : done

I see what is the brand of the CF card which has a working Outrun 2 ?

I see what is the brand of the CF card which has a working Outrun 2 ?

There's no brand on it, but this is what it shows on ATAID

Code:
C:\Naomi\CF\gcfi_1.30>ataid.exe -p 1
device    : \\.\PhysicalDrive1
model     : GIZ10P ARCADE CF CFG10P-1024MB«%3ë"~─ 
Firmware  : 100511a
serial    : KC303       00000000
sector    : 0x3030

Thanks, based on the details shared it looks like there is an issue with your zero pic.

Thanks - i've tried 5 different PIC16F628A's, started with the config I know works on the Naomi, but that hasn't worked for me and then the other settings I've been suggested.

I'll read through the zero pic thread again to see if I've missed anything

Have you tried netbooting? I would start by netbooting the Darksoft firmware to be sure. Remember to switch your jumpers from GD (CF) to net.

Yeah that's going to be my next option. I just don't have a long enough Ethernet cable atm to get to the chihiro from the switch. I'll figure something out.

Hey guys, just playing around with the Chihiro now that I've got one and wanting to create other games on CF

Here's the information I have of my chihiro

65PwAqtl.jpg

As you can see the FW info seems to be the same numbers as the one located on the first page of this thread. Does DS' bios and original differ in anyway (identifier wise?)
Reason I ask is because I've burnt a zero key and copied a game to the cf (same process as I do for the Naomi except without the - p flag using gcfi) but I'm getting error 26 - I'm not sure if it's:

1. Zero pic isn't burnt properly for chihiro (but I'm using the same file and same settings for Naomi net dimm)
2. I haven't burnt the cf game properly
3. I don't have the correct FW

Chihiro works fine when I use the or2sp cf card and its respective pic

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

So I've officially fixed this by doing what @nem suggested, I just updated the FW to DS' one and everything else fell into play, it turns out my Zero Pic was perfectly fine after all. In hindsight, I should've just updated the FW straight away, but I was mislead as all my information on the chihiro already matched the first page of this thread

What I'm not sure of is I got this message when I was updating

BgPAEBFl.jpg

However, even once updated, it still stated 2.19 vs 2.20

Nevertheless, after updating the FW, the same zero pic was freshly burnt and I was able to get the change region option and I've been able to CF boot with games made using @rtw's gcfi tool

pigV84Al.jpg

Thanks, based on the details shared it looks like there is an issue with your zero pic.

Looks like in this particular case it was the fw of the chihiro, I was well and truly mislead with the information on my chihiro.

Interesting - as my screen matched up exactly with yours - but, glad you got it working!!!! Thanks for posting - it will help others trying to get this to work.

The revision not staying at 2.20 is just something leftover from when we were testing the custom fw. It allowed us to more easily rewrite original fw if we messed up. @Darksoft just never got around to allowing the version number to change.

So @mR_CaESaR the hacked firmware versions are exactly the same as the original ?

The behaviour I see is the difference is the ability to read the CF card created by gcfi. That's the only "change" I made to the Chihiro, I netbooted the hacked fw and then used the same cf card and zero pic and it worked, so I can only assume my chihiro didn't have the hacked fw on

The revision not staying at 2.20 is just something leftover from when we were testing the custom fw. It allowed us to more easily rewrite original fw if we messed up. @Darksoft just never got around to allowing the version number to change.

Thanks for the confirmation. This makes perfect sense to me now.

I apologize if this isn't the right thread to discuss this, but can the 6-pin power connector on the side of the Chihiro to power the GD-ROM be used to power the JVS I/O? I'm trying to figure out the order to connect my 5V and GND to so I don't accidentally fry 12V to the I/O. Anybody know the correct pinout for that port with pictures?
I bought a OutRun 2 SP that uses a CF card for the software. I also have a Rev 1 Sega JVS I/O (the common one that has Sonic on the right). I believe this should be a straight board swap from Naomi 2, am I right?
Side story: I run JVS stuff off of a Seasonic SSP-550RT ATX PSU to power the N2. It provides 4.9V, 12.0V, and 3.32V and the N2 seems to be running very stable. I read up that Seasonic psus are the way to go.
You can post your own thread at https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/sega-naomi-triforce-and-chihiro-forum.65/

Back