What's new
You mean like this one?

152djet.jpg

I don't know exactly how it's made, I only know it can be bought ;)

I also know for a fact that the guy doing this, can also copy you two naomi games (gd or cart) or 4 atomiswave of your choice to a single Naomi cart.
Do you mind opening it up and taking and posting some pics of the pcb to see which type it is and if there are any changes made to it?

You don't want a cart solution because the cart will wear down your contacts (believe me I know)

This is why the official NAOMI kit ships with 4 long screws to secure the cart.

The simplest and less power hungry solution is to use the Compact Flash kit solution. Either with the official SEGA version or another version.
I agree, your points are valid, but I would rather have a cart that stays screwed in all the time with an lcd to select games, even if it requires external power, than to deal with the whole dimm/netboot mess.

Plus, it would make sense for Darksoft to make a multicart for the naomi. I am sure that anyone looking at a multicart solution by Darksoft vs getting everything needed for dimm/netboot setup or if they already have the setup will just go for the multicart.

I'm not really ok with the mass sac'ing of carts for conversions, that was one of the points DS has made with his previous projects, not sacrificing OG games to make the multis.

Also DS said the naomi multi would be 256mb, and IIRC Melty Blood is one of the 2 Naomi 1 games that is 512 mb (and it's an awesome game anyway). I'lll never offer up that game to the sacfrificial altar, it's one of my fave games I own.

I'm not really ok with the mass sac'ing of carts for conversions, that was one of the points DS has made with his previous projects, not sacrificing OG games to make the multis.

Also DS said the naomi multi would be 256mb, and IIRC Melty Blood is one of the 2 Naomi 1 games that is 512 mb (and it's an awesome game anyway). I'lll never offer up that game to the sacfrificial altar, it's one of my fave games I own.
Agreed, reason why we're trying to convince him to make a naomi multi cart, maybe he can find a way to make it 512MB to handle all games, he is extremely resourceful :D . Just look at the MVS/AES multi, simply amazing, just like all his works.

It seems to me that you guys are creating a problem where there is none.You don't want a cart solution because the cart will wear down your contacts (believe me I know)This is why the official NAOMI kit ships with 4 long screws to secure the cart..
That's why we need a programable cart, permanently plugged to the NAOMI that can be flashed with a USB cable connected to a PC :)
200.gif
This!
(But I would actually like a SD card like the CPS2/MVS/ST-V multi etc., no PC involved and usable stand-alone :whistling: )

maybe what you really want is a repo one of of these re-flashable carts similar to the CPS3 repo carts.

maybe what you really want is a repo one of of these re-flashable carts similar to the CPS3 repo carts.
Not "Everdrivey" enough. ;)

Imagine if you will, a world where the CPS2 multi kit copulated with a Naomi DIMM... The resulting offspring is what I want to own!

We hate Netdimms, we want to burn our Netdimms and then burn all remainder Netdimms in the world, we want as well to remove all historic evidence that Netdimms ever existed, we are going to burn all manuals and documentation and all internet references.

Then, anyone mentioning the word "Netdimm" will be punished, imprisoned and tortured, and we will convince God to impose these new rules as the 11Th Commandment.

We hate Netdimms, we want to burn our Netdimms and then burn all remainder Netdimms in the world, we want as well to remove all historic evidence that Netdimms ever existed, we are going to burn all manuals and documentation and all internet references.

Then, anyone mentioning the word "Netdimm" will be punished, imprisoned and tortured, and we will convince God to impose these new rules as the 11Th Commandment.
How convenient. I'm looking for a Net DIMM, and I'm having trouble finding one, preferably 512Mb. Instead of burning it, you could always sell it. Oh, did I just say Net DIMM, earning a punishment, or are the space and capital letters an exploitable loophole?

Derail:
lol. we need a ROFL button next to the like/dislike button. I love Crazy-Hair. hes the best. I got to see a panel of his at a comic convention. Super fun.

Ancient Aliens is like an exercise in false equivalence. The jumps in logic those nutters make is so entertaining.
Derail over:

1 to 1 conversions would require a ton of donor carts for everyone. it's poo poo. Didn't Neo-goe MVS/AES have an issue with that several years ago? Then the collector community freaked out and started inflating prices? Realize its a complex issue with not just one reason for, but i vaguely remember people freaking out over NG conversions affecting OG cart population.

Um.....CPS2 multi? still needs a donor board. Or is that no longer an issue becasue phoenix board are no longer a thing?

A Naomi multi might be in the same situation as the CPS2 multi. Still needing a donor cart or communication board. though impact would be fare less then that of a 1 to 1 conversion. Most likely negligible considering the amount of people that would stick with their ND/CF current setup.

I don't think there are many people that are like : "I would get a Naomi but no ones made an everdrive yet" People that want this are people this are already have a OG Naomi setup and/or ND/CF.

the male to female connectors that plug the cart into the motherboard. I'm guessing those are going to have to come from somewhere. Any Work around?
sunh5zv.jpg

what about stripping them from dead boards, I've got a couple of dead dimms, a dead motherboard and somewhere a comms board, or fabricate an adapter to idc connectors.

aren't those PCB connectors made by JST? I could have sworn I've seen them in the catalog.

what about stripping them from dead boards, I've got a couple of dead dimms, a dead motherboard and somewhere a comms board, or fabricate an adapter to idc connectors.
The comms boards are the cheapest, I bought 4 on ebay for $25 shipped, with cables.

Back