What's new
I'm not sure if it has 100% the same components, but Qsound is well documented and the multi-board contains hardware that at minimum mimics the CPS1.5 "D-Board" perfectly.
Thus CPS1.5 ROMs loaded via the multi WILL have sound (they would have always "worked" even without any Qsound hardware whatsoever, albeit without any sound).
Actually DS annonced that the multi will have the DSP16A chip that is the same or equivalent Qsound chip on the og (Qsound) board.
Exactly that, DSP16A + Qsound code.

524E11DD-C221-40C6-A4AA-0FB76EFD2C48.jpeg

Oh shit I missed this thread for almost a week?! Well I had declared my interest before, so I'm doing it again!

How is the 10/12MHz clock situation handled?
I'm also interested in this question, because only a few 10mhz games have problems running on a 12mhz board...
But technically all 12mhz games run incorrectly on 10mhz (even if its not really noticeable).

Easiest to spot this problem is run SF2:CE on a 10mhz board side-by-side with SF2:CE on a 12mhz board.
Because of the slowdown introduced by mismatched crystal, a player can overwhelm the input and combo/2-in-1 attacks that normally cannot be.

Because of the slowdown introduced by mismatched crystal, a player can overwhelm the input and combo/2-in-1 attacks that normally cannot be.

Can you elaborate more on this? Sorry for the thread hijack. PM me if ya want. Interesting!

The multi is controlled by LCD, the same as CPS-2.
I'm so glad too, I really prefer that over the on screen menu. Having discrete hardware controls just feels better to me. The current MVS system is not my favorite in comparison, even though it's probably a better idea given the size of the Neo Geo library. Not a problem for CPS1.

Back