What's new
In the French forum topic linked above, there’s a 2007 pic of a supposed 1941 resale version PCB, from a Japanese PCB shop (G-Front I think):
https://imgbb.com/BGwf3Kp

Pic provided by manimani, a French CPS1 collector who has IIRC worked in a Japanese PCB shop in the 90’s.

Thanks for the pic link @parodius . It's a shame that it's not higher resolution. It seems there's some question on the french forum as to whether this is genuine or a conversion. It would be nice if it is genuine but there are a couple of things that stand out as unusual:

- the rom labels: they look like the wrong type. The square silver eprom labels were used on early CPS1 boards like (Strider, Dynasty Wars, Willow, etc.) much earlier in the CPS1 life cycle. All of the resale version pcbs seem to use the white CPS2-style rom labels that are wider. Capcom switched to the wide labels with SF2'CE along with the Dash 12MHz mobo. Why would they use old silver style labels when they were using up old stock at the end of the CPS1 lifecycle and used the newer wide labels on the Strider/Daimakaimura/TwK resale versions?

- the security chip at 1A, again it's hard to see but it looks different from original PAL chips. Is it a large "L" printed similar to the lattice GAL chips that are commonly used on conversions? It doesn't look legit to me. If that chip was a PAL with a YI63B stamped code then it would be legit for sure, but doesn't look like it.

- It's not using a Dash motherboard; of course mobo swaps are common but all of the other resale versions used the Dash mobo.

It could be an early conversion. Maybe the score by shooting the wall is an unintended side-effect of the program rom changes needed to use the CPS-B-21 chip?

Here's a japan resale version of Tenchi wo Kurau for reference: You can notice the TK163B on the security chip.
dynwarjr.webp

The resale version of CPS1 also includes AREA88, US NAVY, etc.
I don't know the difference between the games.

@KRG do you have any PCB pictures of the other resale boards you can share with us ?

Got my temporary enclosure almost done. Just might add some fans on the side and a mount for the LCD selector and then just waiting for the remote dip switch selector and then see about a final solution.
hello!!

If it's not rude, may I ask for the dimensions of the case? It's so cool~ +.+

The plexi was some pieces I had laying around, they were 307mm x 264 mm so maybe add 20mm to each side, and the height I don’t know. I can check the measurements when I get home.

The plexi was some pieces I had laying around, they were 307mm x 264 mm so maybe add 20mm to each side, and the height I don’t know. I can check the measurements when I get home.

Thank you very much for the quick reply ^^

Latest (hopefully final) revision of the dual xtal pcbs finally came in, will send one out to ekorz to test. Once he gives the green light will send a few more out to other testers, if all goes well, these should be for sale in a couple of weeks.

1656018958775.png

Latest (hopefully final) revision of the dual xtal pcbs finally came in, will send one out to ekorz to test. Once he gives the green light will send a few more out to other testers, if all goes well, these should be for sale in a couple of weeks.
Looks good man! I’m sure you have enough testers now, but if you need another let me know. Been testing and shilling for multiple members here 😉

Otherwise I’m a day-1 purchaser of this!

1656018958775.png
Looks good, can't wait to try this. So it will use the "dash" file present in the folder of games running on 12MHz mobo? Is there an explanation of the operation and connection somewhere on the forum?

Now that the multi is out, has anyone personally noticed any incompatibilities with the 12MHz dash boards and early CPS1 titles that used the 10MHz crystal?

I've played a bunch of early CPS1 stuff like Final Fight, Daimakaimura, Strider, 1941, etc. with the Dash mobo and haven't noticed any differences. Anyone run into corner cases?

Now that the multi is out, has anyone personally noticed any incompatibilities with the 12MHz dash boards and early CPS1 titles that used the 10MHz crystal?

I've played a bunch of early CPS1 stuff like Final Fight, Daimakaimura, Strider, 1941, etc. with the Dash mobo and haven't noticed any differences. Anyone run into corner cases?
No, nothing, no worries, and I tested almost all the games on a 12MHz dash mobo.

No, nothing, no worries, and I tested almost all the games on a 12MHz dash mobo.
Were you able to play King of Dragons? It won't let me start the game. My board is 12mhz dash mobo.

Back