What's new
I'm thinking also the A board is the culprit. Make sure that all pcbs make proper contact together and send a picture of your microsd. Is it SDXC or SDHC ?

Last edited:
I used the SD card that was supplied (Transcent 4GB, formatted FAT32) and the ROM pack suggested by the installation video (World+Euro).

Interestingly enough, just turned on the cab again and Varth is booting just fine 😳
I am puzzled of what made the difference, only change, between now and this morning, is the re-attachment of the JAMMA connector again. Which, as you can see in my previous post picture, is aligned.

I tried several games and all boot fine. Also audio (including QSound games) is as expected :thumbsup:

Except Mercs, which probably means that the latest FW is not flashed with latest batch Multis that went to Italy?

Attachments

• Mercs.jpeg
    Mercs.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 51
Check your voltages, the multi draws more power than a standard cps1 PCB.
Voltage is 4.82, which is on the low side. I can't crank up that NAC PSU anymore than this voltage, the knob doesn't go any further.
Will try later in another horizontal cab.

Sometimes the dupont wires make bad contact on the pins and don't allow a clean flash. I replaced mine with JST NH connectors. They snap in place and lock.

I did some searching and didn't find a good answer. The CPS1 roll-up pack includes Red Wave and Rainbow, but I think the YYC bootleg of Street Fighter II is the most fun. Could anyone direct me to info on how to get the MAME ROMs converted to work on the Darksoft?

im not sure this has been brought up, but im seeing something strange. My multi was working perfectly fine and it went into an antistatic box for about 6 months

plugged it in recently to my blast city and the image was flickering. But it was strange, the text was fine, but the image would flicker, so it's half flickering?

Not sure what's going on, I reseated everything and tried it on several cabs and it's the same thing. Never saw this before.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I've finally managed to unbox my CPS1 multi and installed it :D
Unfortunatelly I don't have any sound whatever the loaded game, everything else sounds good.
It's even worth with CPS 1.5 games, I have either a black screen, either RAM ERR message.

What I've tried so far
  • Check voltage
  • Try another SD card (one of them is the transcend received with the multi kit)
  • Play with volume knob on both A board and multi PCB
  • Reseat eveything (A board, sound board, PAL chip) to be sure it's not a contact issue
  • Try anoter B boards (original game and AJE multi) with which I have sound
  • Try to change DIP switch as mentionned in this thread
  • Try audio out on multi PCB
  • Update the multi firmware
My A board is a short dash board, C board is a 92641C-1, and I've received an original Capcom-Q1 sound board.
I'm on windows, SDHC card formated with fat32, Euro World 2.2 pack used.

Thanks in advance!

PXL_20231129_222040774.jpg

Last edited:
@tom5151 did you change the PAL on the A Board? Can you show me a picture of the C Board from the side where the B21 chip is?

Could you please double check that the cables are soldered in the right place?

And last but not least, can you please check how good are your 5V on the C Board for example?

Thanks.

Yes I've changed the PAL on the A board.
I now have the one with PRG1 written on it (strangly the old one has SOU1 written on it).

Here is my C board (I've cut the patch wire)
PXL_20231203_202657471.jpg

Everything sounds correctly soldered and at the right place
PXL_20231203_203030961.jpg

PXL_20231203_203047682.jpg

I've tried another C board (the one which works with the multi AJE) but same issue, no sound.
PXL_20231203_210830131.jpg

Could you please indicate where to put the voltmeter on the C board to check the 5V (sorry, I'm a noob) ?

Could you please indicate where to put the voltmeter on the C board to check the 5V (sorry, I'm a noob) ?
Check this PDF and you'll see that pins 10 and 20 of the PALs have VCC and GND. Check those.

From what I can see your setup looks solid. Have you tried to regulate the pods in the A Board for volume?

Oh ....I see right that your C Board has been modified, but I'm not sure if it's as the original one should. It's not just removing the wire. See picture of mine.

Attachments

• C_Board_with_B21_No_Battery.jpg
    C_Board_with_B21_No_Battery.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 37
  • PAL16L8B.PDF
    276.2 KB · Views: 51
I've checked the voltage and it's ok (thanks for the PDF).
I've tried another c-board (see picture below) and I have the exact same issue (but as said, I already tried with another c-board which is working with multi AJE).
Unfortunately, with all my 3 c-boards, I still have no sound at all and cannot start any cps 1.5 game (black screen or ram error).
And yes, I've tried to change the volume pots (on both A and multi boards)
Could it be a faulty pal chip or a faulty sound board issue?

PXL_20231205_175533610.jpg

PXL_20231205_175542421.jpg

Back