What's new
I feel so stupid !
When installing the multi, I've replaced SOU1 PAL chip on the A-board with the one included in the kit, instead of replacing the PRG1 PAL chip :S
Putting the PALs at their right place solved all my issues, now everything is working fine :thumbsup:
Lesson learned: never install a multi when you're tired
Thanks a lot to @Darksoft for his time

The fix is not 100% final. There is a very small glitch in Stage 4, but it's much better now.. I'm going to post it here and wait for your feedback. Notice that the romset needs to be adjusted as well. The gfx files will be different now. You need to extract, rename to CPLD and use the newer gfx files that has gfx.01 and gfx.02, each file is 4MB in size.

Can someone please give me more detailed instructions on how to apply this? Also, my romset has multiple versions of MERCS. Should I apply the fix to all versions?

All recent multis come with the latest firmware. The gfx.01 and gfx.02 files should have each 4MB in size. Try those and they should work.

disregard. Just re-read the multi guide and found the part about placing the "cpld" in the root of the SD card

Last edited:
I tried it and now all mercs roms load with glitched graphics. I must be missing something here. My gfx files in the MERCS folders are 2MB in size but how do I change that?

I'm going through the process of installing a CPS1 Multi right now and noticed that the replacement A board PAL chip in my kit is missing. Is it possible to buy a replacement or to get the data on the PAL and burn it myself?

Turns out the kit was sold by another member and he forgot to include the PAL, but we'll get it sorted. The original kit was shipped from our distributor with the right PAL included.

On a side note, I was playing on Friday about 3 hours to some cps1 games and some of them in trainer mode. That was so much fun. I think this system has so many good titles that is an iconic system.

I played strider and GnG in trainer mode among others. I'm thinking of making some more trainer modes for some games, as I see nobody else has done any more trainer mode games, if you have some Xmas wishes, plmk and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi All, I have had my multi for a while and it has been working just fine. I now have a black screen and no sound when I switch on and switch between games. I have formatted 2 sd cards and reinstalled the multi-packs on them. Same issue. The only thing I have done recently which was different was to install a axunworks spinner for forgotten worlds, using the spinner board addon. I subsequently removed spinner, but left addon board on multi. Any ideas? Thanks

Can you show a picture of your setup? How did you connect the spinner? Can you try it without the spinner add on PCB?

Can you show a picture of your setup? How did you connect the spinner? Can you try it without the spinner add on PCB?
Hi Darksoft, removed the spinner pcb and now works. Just switched between 5 games, no issues. Spinner was attached like this. Spinner worked both players but I couldn’t use spinner to shoot only to rotate characters. Button 1 on my set up was for shoot, couldn’t work it out. These spinners are meant to shoot and rotate characters. But thank you for your help, is working again. Regards James
image.jpg

Good news. If you want your spinner to shoot when you push the wheel you need to add an extra cable between the corresponding pin on the spinner and the jamma supergun or your cabinet.

Good news. If you want your spinner to shoot when you push the wheel you need to add an extra cable between the corresponding pin on the spinner and the jamma supergun or your cabinet.
Thanks for the tip, I will work out the right pin etc.

My PAL chip came in and I tried the install. Unfortunately, I only get some colored lines on the left side of my screen when I power it on, and no display from the LCD game selector. So far I've tried:

- Double/triple checked the wires for Reset and Qsound (One minor thing to note is that the install video by ShootTheCore have the wires reversed compared to the PDF instructions)
- Double checking the PAL chip installation (replaced the PRG1 chip located on 9K)
- Double checking the correct switch position (Switch to ON based on my C board)
- 2 different C boards, both are 92641-C1 with batteries removed. One had a bodge wire that I removed, and another seems to be unmodified
- Double checking the Micro SD card (Sandisk 8GB)

The 12mhz A short board (sound section populated) I used was working before as a Super Pang (B board was probably bootleg), and both C boards were working in other setups as well. I will be asking some friends to see if I can find some spare A and C boards to experiment with.

If anyone has other suggestions that I missed, I would appreciate it.

I finally got around to working on this install again and I have resolved the issue with some help from a friend.

I thought I had a unmodified C board when I removed the battery, but upon closer inspection there were some cut traces on pin 45 and 46 of the B-21. I soldered those pins to ground with some wire (I chose CX2 ground side) and the multi is now working.

Anyone else not able to properly run the Rainbow and Red Wave type hacks for SF2 on this multi?

Anyone else not able to properly run the Rainbow and Red Wave type hacks for SF2 on this multi?

I tried a few different Red Wave and Rainbow Edition hacks, along with the SF2 Mix fan game, and they all seem to work just fine for me. Or at least they worked afaik given how janky these games are. Pressing start would change characters, and typical shenanigans that I know about for shotos like tracking/slow/multiple fireball, full screen auto dizzy heavy tatsu, and horizonal DPs were present.

Back