What's new
I've seen it a few times where a B-board will play one game fine but not the multi because the B-board has a fault that doesn't affect a certain game. There is a chance the ram is good but the trace connecting the ram to the multi through the connector is compromised.
Yeah I’m going to give that a fettle first

Any idea where I could get them, should I need to replace?

If the pins aren't broken then the connectors themselves are ok.

I’ve probed the pins and points on the board and all are ok for continuity

Can someone confirm my assumption that I'll need to remove the PIC12F675, used to revive a suicided board, prior to installing the Multi?

I took these photos from an install I did to show how the key writing wires connect to the CN connector more clearly.

In the PDF guide, the colours on each end don't match. Here they do. Hope it helps out in the meantime until I update the instructions. Paging @klee123

keywriting_1.JPG
keywriting_2.JPG
keywriting_3.JPG

I took these photos from an install I did to show how the key writing wires connect to the CN connector more clearly.

In the PDF guide, the colours on each end don't match. Here they do. Hope it helps out in the meantime until I update the instructions. Paging @klee123
Appreciate it Sheeps! :thumbup:

Before I get into installing one of these am I correct in reading this that messing with jumpers and/or the GAL chip is no longer needed in the latest version?

Hi guys new guy here, was able to install my Darksoft CPS2 with my buddy Matt yesterday and this thing is awesome. We ran into a problem with the LCD not working and was trying a bunch of troubleshooting we found here. It ended up being the long ribbon cable we bought as when we tried with the shorter we were able to view the LCD no problem.

Quick question: is there a way to save settings per ROM? such as setting them for freeplay? thanks for making such an awesome product and the community.
Thanks!
AKay

Where did you buy the long cable?

My B board is missing the CN6 socket (93646B-3). I was ready to do any soldering to prepare this board, but had not ran across any correspondence (videos or forum posts) that identified some B boards come without the socket on CN6. I don't think i have seen a single picture of a B board without an internal C6. I read one post where it was identified that not having a C6 socket is rare, and they tried to solder a socket onto C6 but the DS multi kit still failed to perform. Is my only option to find another B board? My only regret is removing the Capcom security stickers over the screws :(

thanks!

I read one post where it was identified that not having a C6 socket is rare, and they tried to solder a socket onto C6 but the DS multi kit still failed to perform. Is my only option to find another B board?
I found one or two in the past. They are rare, which doesnt necessary mean valuable.
My only regret is removing the Capcom security stickers over the screws :(
I think nobody would expect that to be something possitive anymore. After 30+ years those batteries start leaking, so you'd better replace them or remove them for good.

I found one or two in the past. They are rare, which doesnt necessary mean valuable.

I think nobody would expect that to be something possitive anymore. After 30+ years those batteries start leaking, so you'd better replace them or remove them for good.
I’m not seeking the Value of them. The rarity comment was in the unlikelihood that I’d be unable to install the multi kit.
Removing the stickers to open the shell was just a silly comment. I’ve replaced cps2 batteries before, going to infinikey this one while it’s open.

My post was mostly clarifying that a small fraction of b boards don’t have the cn6 socket, and confirming that these are incompatible with the multi kit.

I’m on the hunt for a new b board :)

Hey guys - quick question:

Does the multi still require the A and B boards match regions? For example, I have a blue USA B-board that I am planning to install the kit on. Does that still require I use a USA A-board as well, or can I use any region A board?

Thanks and sorry if this has been answered. (I did some Googling and forum searching but couldn't find anything)

Yep. Your donor will have to match as the A/B connectors are keyed by length.

Usa and Japan are interchangeable because they use the same connectors. Asia and South America will only fit on their respective A-boards because they use different connectors.

Thanks for the responses. So just to verify, with my blue B board (with the multi installed), I can use USA or Japan (since they use the same connectors)?

Back