What's new
Just finished testing a few games and played a few for 5-10mins each completing a few stages

So looks like i no longer get the unibios green crash screen anymore, it hasn't come up even once. I used to always get it most of the time when flashing new games but not anymore. Not sure whats changed to fix it or if its intentional or not but good work!! It makes the general multi experience feel a lot better!

I noticed new games can be played now, all the prototypes/unfinished games that never got released that smokemoster put in his pack, interesting to check out! You can tell which ones they are from either the word prototype or missing logo/picture in the menu.

There are lots of bootlegs that do not work. TBH I doubt we will even try to get most of them working. The cart supports close to 270 rom sets at this point. If you want a less cluttered menu and don't need three versions of each game then just delete folders off of your SD card and the menu will adapt.

One glitch we know of so far with region select: If you change it to Europe and Console it does not work with a regular bios. The menu does now work with unibios so if you do have unibios installed it will work with Europe and Console. We think we know the reason for the glitch. And it looks like Razoola had to deal with it while programming the Unibios as well. We will see if our hunch is true.

I've let menu guy know of your reports about MS4 and 5 and I will look at it as well. Probably just an accidental bug introduced. A lot of stuff has been added to this version of the menu. The menu will soon be adapted to the AES cart and when that happens a certain feature some people asked for will most likely become available for MVS because it has to be used for AES anyways. :)

Just a bit of trivia: The new menu guy doubled the amount of room used for the menu when he took over and is using that space to try and get a lot of your feature requests into it (if possible with what we are working with). I hope you guys are happy with how the menu has evolved the last two months. :)

There are lots of bootlegs that do not work. TBH I doubt we will even try to get most of them working. The cart supports close to 270 rom sets at this point. If you want a less cluttered menu and don't need three versions of each game then just delete folders off of your SD card and the menu will adapt.

<snip>

Just a bit of trivia: The new menu guy doubled the amount of room used for the menu when he took over and is using that space to try and get a lot of your feature requests into it (if possible with what we are working with). I hope you guys are happy with how the menu has evolved the last two months. :)
I'm glad that we now have the option to try some of those out, even though they are not finished games or bootleg games it's kind of cool to take a look at them. If i don't want them in my list i can just delete from the card as you say so i don't think anyone should complain about that.

The menu improvements are much appreciated and i'm looking forward to that particular feature request that darksoft has also hinted at coming with the AES release :)

I had one random crash when flashing new games as well, but aside from that, everything is working much better than before. I don't have the Metal Slug 1 high score bug, and no crashing otherwise ingame.

Reactions: SVM
One glitch we know of so far with region select: If you change it to Europe and Console it does not work with a regular bios.
For now until this is fixed,to run MS4 and MS5 choose Region Europe and games will boot.

that is protection related and we will update it whenever we can. I believe @SmokeMonster will use the patched version on this game for now.
The important thing is that now we are supporting 270+ games, including a couple of homebrew. All OG versions and 99% of hack versios will be there.

Updated without any issue. The cart seems quite slower on the boot process. I've tried a couple of bootleg too. Some works and some others don't (bootloop until I press start and then the error screen appears) like SNK vs Capcom SVC C super plus and
SNK vs Capcom SVC Chaos (boot). For the rest everything is working flawlessly :D

Thank you for the update @Darksoft :thumbsup:

Just had a run as well, first cleared nvram, updated menu + fw, then Top file.
All
Good, menu is a lot quicker and more responsive (I was still 2 or 3 versiom behind...)

All seems to be well, just tested some original games, no boots/hacks yet.

Only thing I noticed in my brief session was the flickering pixels in the game select list like some other already have mentioned.

Other than that all good and you guys did an excellent job :thumbsup:

The cart seems quite slower on the boot process.
If the directory is longer (aka you copied more games),
Only thing I noticed in my brief session was the flickering pixels in the game select list like some other already have mentioned.
That's a bug in one routine from the menu, not an issue with the cart.

I did the following:

#1 removed SD card
#2 cleared NVRAM
#3 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#4 copied flash.img file to update folder of the SD card
#5 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#6 removed SD card
#7 cleared NVRAM
#8 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#9 copied top file to update folder of the SD card
#10 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#11 removed SD card
#12 cleared NVRAM
#13 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#14 copied menu folder with files to update folder of the SD card
#15 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#16 power cycling - done
I followed these steps, but at #10 after the update a pop up appear (with a monkey) "No game found on memory card".
I removed the SD card and cleared the NVRAM (step #11 and # 12) but i can't delete the BUFF file (step # 13) because it is not present...

What can i do now?

thank you

I would continue with step 14 - and get the new menu loaded, and see if it still says no game found.

^THAT^ and try copying the TOP file again in the \update directory

either way should be good, just check if the files are gone from the microSD

Back