What's new
I have a problem.
The multi MVS does not retain the parameters. At each start it puts me "RESTORING TO DEFAULTS"
How to fix it please ?

Received today my MVS multi. (I got in the past the AES version)

1/ I tried 1 slot without problem
2/ I tried slot 2 (but I installed before a new battery because I read it could be a problem to have an old one) but i have crack sound on bomberman and motw
=> I have FILESYSTEM : FAIL even if I clear the RAM

I think i should have the last version of firmware as I bought it this week.

Where to start ?

Most probably the problem is with your microsd. Can you insert it in a PC and check for errors? To be 100% sure delete all files from root as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Most probably the problem is with your microsd. Can you insert it in a PC and check for errors? To be 100% sure delete all files from root as well.

Let us know how it goes.
1st test was brand new sandisk 32go fat32
i tested 8go from other brand and
i changed slot and it seems better but i have same warning message of filesystem fail in the diagnostic.

The diagnostics just read and write from BUFF file in the microsd nothing else. So if that fails, the problem is in the microSD. It could be the slot of the microSD but that is more of a work/fail thing. Either it works or it doesnt at all.

that’s a good point that you mention.
when i got the multi, i tried +10x to insert the sd card and it didn’t stay inside. after a while it stays. i try several times now and it seems fine.

i will try again to format the brand new sandisk again.

i try several times now and it seems fine.

i will try again to format the brand new sandisk again.
Let us know how it goes and PLEASE update your profile with your approx. location. Something like Los Angeles, USA is enough.

Ok, I tried with 1 slot and I have no error in Diag but if I use with 4 slots it doesn't.

I have Jap bios and 4 slots working.

4 slots have the problem that the multi cart needs a few ms to load data so the best option is to have an original cart on slot 1 and then the multi in another slot.

Its explained in the pinned threads, even @Mitsurugi-w made a video about it.

I have original cart in slot 1 (since the beginning of my problem)
My 4 neogeo slot is NEO-MVH
I have sound issue with NEO BOMBERMAN for example sometimes the sound goes up and down. If i take the exact same cart and SD , no problem at all with 1 slot.

I did few more test.
I confirm with 1 slot , the mvs cart works perfeclty.

With 4 slot, I tried with 4.95 and 5.05 volt running,
few problems :
* sound problem with bomberman and garou
* boot message "filesystem failed"
* FAIL in the Diag

tested with Original JAP and EXPORT bios (from my 1 slot)

+ tested in different slot position.
+ tested 3x different SD CARD (FAT32). Just games directory on it.

As the cart has been proven to work in antoher MVS, the fail in the Diag is an indicator of some sort of problem with power or the motherboard itself.

Pinging @Mitsurugi-w maybe he has some ideas.

So, thanks to your support darksoft, I tried my 4 slot in my New Astro City => Same behavior, not a psu problem.

So...I tried something different because i got a strange behavior since the beginning. The order of games was never respected. Slot 3 starts in position 1 ect...

So I plug a league bowling instead of KOF98, KOF99 or Supersidekick in slot 1 and all went fine ! No more error now.

I have 2x Supersidekick and same behavior...really strange.

Another last thing i can't explain is the bios. I have forced AES, USA and i have JAP MVS, same as 4 slot...I guess I need to get a Universe bios on the slot to get AES mode in the multi.

my firmware revision is 0x0491 and build 0xa512

So I plug a league bowling instead of KOF98, KOF99 or Supersidekick in slot 1 and all went fine ! No more error now.
Sorry, but I don't follow. Are you talking abouit real slots on the 4MVS or the slots in the cart?
I have 2x Supersidekick and same behavior...really strange.
Same here.
Another last thing i can't explain is the bios. I have forced AES, USA and i have JAP MVS, same as 4 slot...I guess I need to get a Universe bios on the slot to get AES mode in the multi.
That might be related to the BIOS that you are using.
my firmware revision is 0x0491 and build 0xa512
That's the latest, so it should be fine.

Sorry, but I don't follow. Are you talking abouit real slots on the 4MVS or the slots in the cart?

Same here.

That might be related to the BIOS that you are using.

That's the latest, so it should be fine.
OK, i mention only physical slot.
So after more test. I check all my games are original KOF98, KOF98, Windjammers.
If slot 1 is one of them + MultiMVS in slot 2 => KO
If slot 1 is league bowling + MultiMVS in slot 2 => OK

I dont know why is that. Maybe those carts are making some kind of read/writes to some zones that the cart also has and are related to protection. In any case, I hope you are OK playing it with League Bowling.

Back