What's new
@Darksoft

I recently noticed that NeoTurfmasters no longer loads into any slot. It definitely worked before. It now saying updating game settings... and then please wait... but then sits indefinitely until I power cycle it. I can put other games in that slot and it doesn't matter which slot I attempt to put it in.

I thought the files were corrupted so I copied the folder over to the SD card again using the backup I have saved and I still get the same thing. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find any info on it.

Firmware: 0x0491

Edit: Wasn't sure if it worked after I last upgraded the firmware or not so I pulled the cartridge, cleared my backup RAM and now it's flashing just fine. Weird.

Last edited:
That shouldnt happen. I think it's an issue with your microSD. Can you try a new one. I'll probably release a new FW soon.

Hi, Everybody.
Is it possible to launch Neo-Geo CD Games with the multi-mvs ?
If they have been converted to work with a MVS cart, then yes. All Neo-Geo CD games have incredibly long times and the games are not different from the cart version.

If they have been converted to work with a MVS cart, then yes. All Neo-Geo CD games have incredibly long times and the games are not different from the cart version.
Some games do have extra stuff the cart versions didn’t. Take Neo Turf Masters for example, there’s an extra course on the CD version that isn’t on MVS: Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Which is a pretty crazy trickshot course.

Some games do have extra stuff the cart versions didn’t. Take Neo Turf Masters for example, there’s an extra course on the CD version that isn’t on MVS: Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Which is a pretty crazy trickshot course.
That's probably the exception to the rule.

Most CD games miss some frames, background details, voices, etc. since they had to fit on the onboarded RAM:
https://www-neogeocdworld-info.translate.goog/?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=fr&_x_tr_pto=wapp
(In games in the left menu then differences between Neogeo CD and AES/MVS games)

Incredibly well detailed site BTW.

Around 50 of the CD games have rearranged or original Redbook audio which sound substantially better than the AES/MVS chip tunes. One of the Top 5 reasons I've kept my CD console around is Last Resort since it sounds so much better. Some of the CD to cart fan conversions also had the music stripped out completely (Zintrick) or had music substituted in from another game (Crossed Swords 2 uses Crossed Swords 1 music).

Check out the Games -> Bonuses page to really see the breakdown on all the additional features that were added to the Neo Geo CD games - there's quite a few of them.

Around 50 of the CD games have rearranged or original Redbook audio which sound substantially better than the AES/MVS chip tunes. One of the Top 5 reasons I've kept my CD console around is Last Resort since it sounds so much better. Some of the CD to cart fan conversions also had the music stripped out completely (Zintrick) or had music substituted in from another game (Crossed Swords 2 uses Crossed Swords 1 music).

Check out the Games -> Bonuses page to really see the breakdown on all the additional features that were added to the Neo Geo CD games - there's quite a few of them.
honestly crossed swords 1 music is better so theres no loss there

Ok so do you plan to add extra feature like MSU to play mvs/aes version with NEO-NEO CD arranged music versions ?

Ok so do you plan to add extra feature like MSU to play mvs/aes version with NEO-NEO CD arranged music versions ?
If someone makes a conversion, the cart should support it, but if what you ask is if the cart will support CD images, the answer is no.

Back