What's new
can u put rick astleys face as the ship and then send it? technically it wouldnt be ddp anymore :)

1709160658125.png

...oh hi there. Just posting this for, uh, posterity? This is Hibachi's final pattern if you didn't know, but you probably did. It's the last one in the game, and it's a pattern that was unsolved for a long while. There's a slight distortion on the right/left sides since my hibachi is being held in the center for testing, and the video has him moving slightly to the right. But otherwise I think we got it. With help from a couple very fine folks who know who they are ;)

Hope you all don't mind the bump. (Also check out the no-checkpoint hacks for Daioh and Truxton2 in my signature if you haven’t!)

Last edited:
...oh hi there. Just posting this for, uh, posterity? This is Hibachi's final pattern if you didn't know, but you probably did. It's the last one in the game, and it's a pattern that was unsolved for a long while. There's a slight distortion on the right/left sides since my hibachi is being held in the center for testing, and the video has him moving slightly to the right. But otherwise I think we got it. With help from a couple very fine folks who know who they are ;)
Is this a fixed emulation bug for the regular DDP or what do you mean? :huh:

Wow, yeah.. how I hope its a platform we all can enjoy it on.... (when its all done and upp for sale (me just guessing now))

Well, this isn't going to win me any new friends today.

I just learned some new information, which unfortunately is not my role to disclose right now. Given the new info, it is abundantly clear to me that the best course of action for everyone, especially the shmup community, is for me to pause the public release of my project indefinitely. I'm hopeful that this info will become public in the not too distant future, at which point I expect you will understand my decision (and then, yes, we can be friends again).

Looking forward to what's next :)
If it's a cease and desist you received, I don't see how it applies to you as this is a piece of software you made yourself, albeit it may be based on copyrighted materials. Besides this game was never released nor are you generating any revenue from it. I'm no lawyer though. Maybe someone can chip in? You also have made no attempt to disguise it as the original campaign version. Has this something to do with Exa Arcadia at all? Surely you haven't signed any NDA ?

Theres loads of fan made clones floating out there. I don't see the difference in this? Its fan made, for fun, and public enjoyment. No financial gains.. am i missing something?

If it's a cease and desist you received
He already said it wasn't.
Doesn't really matter actually, when a big company is threatening you as an individual they twist your arm with no sweat. Even if you're in the right, do you have the funds for a lawyer? Do you want to put the energy to fight possibly for years? Those companies know it and abuse from it. Also don't expect anyone from the community to support your legal expenses. It's sad but that's the reality. If we teamed up we could probably create a precedent and make it a case-law.

Im kinda preparing myself for some sort of M2/exA port release or something akin to that. You see stuff like Batsugun EXA Label being made and DDP Blue Label feels like it could be on their radar. Cool I guess that it will be playable by a lot of people that way, but what it will also likely mean is that it will continue to be unplayable (frankly, the way it was intended to be played) on any sort of 15kHz arcade hardware.

Not gonna front like in the best of circumstances I would somehow convert a DDP board I don't have to a blue label and ride off into the sunset playing on a candy cab, but at least with the reengineered roms released, a MAME solution could get you pretty damn close to the real deal at 240p on a proper cab. Playing on the couch with a stick just doesn't scratch the itch so a console release would be bittersweet imho. And if it's exA, forget paying for that biz. But hey, I'm totally speculating so it might be none of these things!

He already said it wasn't.
Doesn't really matter actually, when a big company is threatening you as an individual they twist your arm with no sweat. Even if you're in the right, do you have the funds for a lawyer? Do you want to put the energy to fight possibly for years? Those companies know it and abuse from it. Also don't expect anyone from the community to support your legal expenses. It's sad but that's the reality. If we teamed up we could probably create a precedent and make it a case-law.
Sorry 10 pages to read throguh...thanks foe the reply.

I reckon it must be exa as i forcast a exa arcadia release.. 🧡 maybe offer to put your skills to the test and make a exa storm arrange mode... 🧡

Im kinda preparing myself for some sort of M2/exA port release or something akin to that. You see stuff like Batsugun EXA Label being made and DDP Blue Label feels like it could be on their radar. Cool I guess that it will be playable by a lot of people that way, but what it will also likely mean is that it will continue to be unplayable (frankly, the way it was intended to be played) on any sort of 15kHz arcade hardware.

Not gonna front like in the best of circumstances I would somehow convert a DDP board I don't have to a blue label and ride off into the sunset playing on a candy cab, but at least with the reengineered roms released, a MAME solution could get you pretty damn close to the real deal at 240p on a proper cab. Playing on the couch with a stick just doesn't scratch the itch so a console release would be bittersweet imho. And if it's exA, forget paying for that biz. But hey, I'm totally speculating so it might be none of these things!
I have a spare DDP for this. :)

Batsugun exa version admitted plays better than the original with less lag than the pcb. I have both versions.

Theres also options for scanlines but the whole idea of scanlines were because of how badly 15k looked on a modern display. Imagine call of of duty in 240p, it would look aweful. I dont see the point in adding scanlines just for the sake of it.

Having said that xbox + fight stick > super emotia> bvm makes cave games look spot on.. even better.

What i am trying to say is i wouldnt think twice about buying a exa dodonpachi with campaign version as a playable mode. Be nice for Shou to share the fun without letting bootleggers and conversionists get hold of the roms.

Last edited:
Todornpachi - I don’t get the reference but wow, what a trip! :thumbup:

Back