What's new
It's few ms. You can notice it if you put 2 cabs, one the the original and one with clone, next to each other. Sitting between both you can hear a slight delay (i would say 25ms).

This setup is quite common for racing cab (twin or more) but for us the easiest solution was to replace every originals with clones.
Not only it fixes the delay problem, but we were sure the original board would break one by one. Also sound quality is better with the clone (CD track encoded to MP3 vs low bitrate MPEG2) so it ensure every cab got clean sound. For sure it's not a big improvement as motor noises cover this while playing but still a good feature.

I have one board left. Other will come in september.

Cool project! Any plan to provide schematics for this? I would like to try building this for myself:)

I'm also looking forward to releasing the code and schema, thank you for your work.;)

Hi,

For sure I'll release code and schematics. Before I need to put more documentation and not just throw things out of context.

More interesting: I took some hours to look at a strange bug affecting some MP3 modules. During this journey I improved the way communication with MP3 player works, resulting in faster response time. As a result, music starts as fast as original board.

Best news is that it depends on software update and I plan to release it soon after a little bit more testing.

I'm also interested in this, I'm also waiting for the code to be released.
I don't have the original Hardware sega, (yet). Thank you for working on^^

Does anyone know the Digital Sound Board for the game "Super Monaco GP" DELUXE version, with 4 channel audio, based on the SEGA X-BOARD hardware ?
It is a board for 2 additional sound channels with its own Z80 processor, SEGA Sound IC 315-5218, an EPROM and 3 Masked PROMs.
Would it be possible to replace this board with the DSBClone as well?

It doesn't look like the same sound system. You are no luck with DSBclone.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Maybe someday there will be a solution...

oh nice. just found out about this. Are there any for sale currently ? I have a working scud with a dead sound board at the moment

Hi,

Not yet but some will be ready soon. All the existing board are already sold and were just waiting for a software update related to Scud Race support.
The good news is that the unique features used in Scud Race are now working smoothly; I also improved some latency and other things.

For existing owners you could simply update using instruction provided in Github Readme.

I've been working with Rom on the Scud Race/Super GT support and it is fantastic now. I highly encourage anyone using DSB Clone with Scud Race/Super GT to update to the latest version on GitHub.

Your feedback and video were a great help to find bugs.
I also discovered that the advert music is not played by DSB in this game, this game is odd.

It may happen in other game, we never know, but software update can fix many things :)

Keep up the good work. Do you have a patreon or some link so people can show their gratitude and support?

I would like to buy one please, my Spikeout board is messy and no BGM at all from that board :(

Back