What's new
For Sale
@Hatsune Mike, are you parting out your E2? If you are, can you loan me the illuminated panel for a short while? I want to see if I can repro it.

anyone recommend a good repro for the egret2 2p 12b? A good quality artwork on it and stuff.

anyone recommend a good repro for the egret2 2p 12b? A good quality artwork on it and stuff.
Alberto makes the best by a long shot.

He's doing Windys as well.

@Hatsune Mike if under whatever bizarre luck you run into you find a second one let me know. Or even just the tube. My other E2 has AWFUL tetris burn and I've been looking for the right tube for a few years now.

I'm not parting it out, I'm going to replace the monitor.
@8bitforlife I had no luck using the magic eraser to remove the yellow spots; did you do anything special?
Ok, @Cereth is going to put me in touch with some people that have blank panels obtained from Taito. I'll wait for that. I can also do surgery on mine if I must.

I have handy (in order of least caustic) Goo Gone, paint thinner, acetone, Citristrip. I'll hit those yellow spots with the least caustic stuff, then move up as needed if there isn't any progress. Update tomorrow.

The Windy II marquee being in the cab was no problem, it cleaned out nicely. It's in great shape. I kind of wet myself. Again once clean it looks FANTASTIC. My partner nuked the mounting board with bleach and it seems ok, but I'm leaving it outside for a while just in case. Luckily for whatever, at least all the stuff here is in a very dry climate.

I have your cab updated to the order rsvgun, hopefully in time to ship!

There was black mold on the mounting board of ours. That's long-term. White mold I believe is an indicator of recent accrual of moisture. looking at the bottoms of the cab it looks like it was in a location that flooded. Thoughts?

Also just throwing this out there, this thread should be used as an example of what real arcade communities should be more like. Most everyone here is pooling resources and network to make the best of this situation, helping each other out. Remember that from the beginning this was also largely an effort on XeD's part to help others out getting these cabs. There's few to no people willing to put forth that kind of capital and energy to make something happen, so it really warms me to see everyone's input. Keep it up!

@Cereth is there a date we need to have them shipped from your location? I haven't made arrangements with a shipper yet, was waiting to here when you are ready to have them out of your place and wasn't sure with the holidays and all

The PCB mounts can be trashed. It's usually just mdf or plywood. Take the dimensions and go to Home Depot and they can cut you a piece to size right there.

If there is mold elsewhere on the cab, you can get a bottle of mold inhibitor while your there. This stuff will usually clean and protect from new growth. While.I highly doubt there is enough spores in the mold to get someone sick, if you want to wear a mask that's fine....but it's probably overkill. After all.is said and done, I would give it another cleaning with some Simple Green and call it a day.

If the cabs were in a flood you would see a water ring around the whole interior of the cab. More then likely, these we're just improperly stored in some dank shithole.

Yeah brutha, what won't work. At best it is just a reference and has to be redrawn since the resolution is so low. If you have links to high res art, that would be great.
Check here, let me know if this works, havent tested it myself
http://vectorlib2.free.fr/Egret_II/

If you do a run of these I would love to get a couple of sets. I wish Alberto would do these.
Yeaaaaaaaaah buddy! That makes it easy since it is already vectored. These shall be printed sometime in January. My buddy tells me he needs me to give him arcade art files to print because his business's printer doesn't get enough use. If he doesn't use is printer, the print heads will go bad. And well, I don't want that to happen, so I full intend to oblige him.

He also has this huge 12'x18' industrial Silhouette Cameo-like machine that can do the die cutting. I'll see if I can work out special pricing for those that picked up cabs in this group buy. Stay tuned.

Back