What's new
For Sale
I have a Toshiba chassis. I’ve never seen a Sanwa pfx in person, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about their picture quality. I strongly believe if you were to put the two monitors side by side though, the difference would be minimal
I've got both and the tosh is better. In VGA they are pretty close but 15k, the tosh is much better. I recently swapped the PFX in my e3 with a Toshiba PF. I will say that monitor adjustments are much easier on a PFX, although the pfx is very picky about sync.

The PFX is not a trash monitor, it is amazing (although it is the heaviest monitor I've lifted)- but the toshiba is better.

All the US bound cabinets are accounted for and bought? If so I guess I gotta wait for the next group buy.

I kind of want another new net city for some VS play. If there are some unclaimed I’d be interested.

All the US bound cabinets are accounted for and bought? If so I guess I gotta wait for the next group buy.
Some may still pass for their own reasons. You might be able to get one from this group buy.
K. Thanks. I need to read through the past messages to get caught up to speed. Not 100% sure how it all works. Aren’t all the cabinets paid for in advance? So how/why would they pass?

First Egret 2 tested this morning:

- Looks nicer than the other two posted.
- I get 0.1v on the 5v and no reading on 12v. PSU is toast
- The monitor shoots a solid white line along the top of the tube.
- minor burn, I can't imagine it'll be visible during gameplay
White mold!

The Windy

- Looks okay.
- Burn is... Pretty there in the sunlight. Will probably be pretty there during game play. Couldn't see it in the warehouse. Maybe it'll be okay?
- Nothing on hand to test with because I forgot it's JVS.
- Gets the right voltages out of the PSU at least.

Second Egret 2

- Rust in a few spots. Not minor but not by any means ruined
- super fuzzy printing on a peeling rusted through panel
- Dead PSU
- Minor burn
- white mold!
- definitely the worse of the two cosmetically, but it'll clean up eventually I'm sure.

Q25 and Domy info to come sometime in the next day or so.

Last edited:
First Egret 2 tested this morning:

- Looks nicer than the other two posted.
- I get 0.1v on the 5v and no reading on 12v. PSU is toast
- The monitor shoots a solid white line along the top of the tube.
- minor burn, I can't imagine it'll be visible during gameplay

The Windy

- Looks okay.
- Burn is... Pretty there in the sunlight. Will probably be pretty there during game play. Couldn't see it in the warehouse. Maybe it'll be okay?
- Nothing on hand to test with because I forgot it's JVS.
- Gets the right voltages out of the PSU at least.

Moving the other E2 outside and into my pickup to go to storage and will update the post with that info after. Q25 and Domy info to come sometime in the next day or so.
I'm really curious on your Domy. Have you had a chance to mess with it yet?

Not yet. I haven't even unwrapped it yet. I still have to get the three other cabs to storage and then return the truck a few cities over later. Then when I get home if I have any energy left I'll absolutely be unwrapping it and checking it out.

I was getting over being sick, and 24 hours plus up for the trip up there and back definitely set me back a little. We'll get there though!

The Q25 looks very good as a restore candidate. Lot of rust on the bottom and on the kick plate, but it'll do.

Thing is, the price is still an okay price for what these cabinets are. If any of us should grow so upset with the cabinets enough, selling them down the line probably will not be too hard.

TBH the condition I've seen so far is pretty much what I expected. I knew there was no way any machine was NOS and no one stores pristine cabinets for decades in a rundown dusty warehouse.

So I'm not disappointed at all with what I've seen. Now the non-working PSUs should not be happening. I agree with that.

The mold is the part that's less okay. It's something that needs to be mentioned by the seller (Yaton). The stench out of this cab is pretty real.

The mold is the part that's less okay. It's something that needs to be mentioned by the seller (Yaton). The stench out of this cab is pretty real.
Is the mold embedded in the rotation mech wood as well?? I might have to get that part along with the pcb holder remade.

Maybe someone should do a run of these if they have a CNC machine or is darn good with a router.

Back