What's new
For Sale
Whoever asked about shipping out, nothing will make it out for the next week or two, holidays closing those lines to ship.

The E2 doesn't do well with Moonwalker and a few other games because one of the JAMMA pins isn't wire for 5v that should be, as each of the previous three or four posts together add up to.

I'll second the original PSU not being that great.

My only real concern personally with having a dead PSU was that I didn't get to test the monitor. It gets static, doesn't whine like crazy. It's probably alright, but it'd be better to actually know it's alright.
should be ms9 in chassis. Easy to plug power pins direct to wall 120v for check health. Can easily alligator clip to pins of you have no test connector. Will give you all most important info even no video in. Should be able to see preliminary b+ function, raster vertical retrace from screen volt, colour drives by short cathodes on neck, etc to give basic Mon health. If you have all those is safer assumption Mon is decent and if problem on video line would be not likely hard fix.

The speaker I pulled didn't have any mold, fortunately.

With the generosity of a friend I am back in business with a working tube (actually we upgraded my other Egret II's monitor, and took that one and trickled it down to this cabinet.)

1SxCQ9o.jpg

Just need to get the CP in order and get the marquee lighting up.

http://imgur.com/a/nORjmi5

More pics. The Domy, Windy, and one of the Egrets. I thought I took pics of both Egrets, but apparently not. This is definitely the better of the two E2's (minus the weird monitor line).

Edit: I'm an idiot, and that's okay.

I have a few spare 29" tubes in my storage. Hopefully one will fit the curvature of the Windy so 8bit has something better.

Domy
- It has the cup holder! I don't think any cups smaller than those GIANT old 100oz+ McDonald's cups would fit in there though, it's HUGE
- Minor rust through-out
- Real nice CP
- Monitor is 100% burn-free
- Some sticker peeling around the CP area.
- PCB holder has some mold, rest of the cab does not
- Overall nicer than I'd have ever expected for such a big cab

Q25
- mold from about 2.5" from the base down. This makes me agree with Cereth's flooding guess. Above that mark is A-OK
- 100% burn-free monitor
- Lots of rust on the coin return area and footrest
- Has the between-the-speakers marquee but not the big boy one up top
- CP is in excellent shape as are all the plastics

And FWIW, the dimensions on Hard--Candy and AO are incorrect for the Domy Theater.

Last edited:
Line? Do you mean on the top of the screen?

...is your marquee light on? because the E2 lets light leak into the top of the tube.
....probably? I'm sick, and tired. Leave me alone. Hahahaha. Jesus, that line's above the edge of the screen even... IT'S BEEN A LONG FEW DAYS.

Neither of the other 2 do that though, so uh, I didn't realize that's a common issue.

heh, it happens. On my astro and E2 I used a little foil tape and did some light insulation behind the monitor bezel. That light leak drives me nuts.

That is not a cup holder @rewrite on the Domy, that is for holding a metal flying saucer type ashtray.
https://imgur.com/a/5MLfrcU

More pics. The Domy, Windy, and one of the Egrets. I thought I took pics of both Egrets, but apparently not. This is definitely the better of the two E2's (minus the weird monitor line).

I have a few spare 29" tubes in my storage. Hopefully one will fit the curvature of the Windy so 8bit has something better.

Domy
- It has the cup holder! I don't think any cups smaller than those GIANT old 100oz+ McDonald's cups would fit in there though, it's HUGE
- Minor rust through-out
- Real nice CP

Q25
- mold from about 2.5" from the base down. This makes me agree with Cereth's flooding guess. Above that mark is A-OK
- 100% burn-free monitor

And FWIW, the dimensions on Hard--Candy and AO are incorrect for the Domy Theater.

Yes I agree with looks like that line is not from Mon at all but above light leaking. Which is good because a dead Mon is common and likely much easier fix than Straight beam across top.

Edited my link above to include the Q25 pics.

http://imgur.com/a/nORjmi5

Domy
- Minor rust through-out
- Real nice CP

Q25
- 100% burn-free monitor

@Sphere owns hard—candy, I’m sure he would really appreciate any input ;)

@PascalP I'll be sure to get him the dimensions when I get done. Thanks for pointing that out!

The Domy PSU seems good, just need to figure out how to turn it down. The monitor is not getting power though, I pulled the connector and get 0v on AC, so there's a wiring issue to be hunted for.

The Q25 has a gorgeous picture though, and I found the big marquee deep inside.

Update:
Domy chassis gets power now, but no neck glow. So still dead. Still not certain where to turn down 5v and not willing to toss in a board at 5.52v, ha.

Last edited:
Back