What's new
For Sale
Any chance there will be another group buy this year? Would really like to buy a NNC and sell my Impress.

Thanks

Any chance there will be another group buy this year? Would really like to buy a NNC and sell my Impress.

Thanks
Not to say there won't be a group buy of some sort formed in the future, but I think you've missed the point in this thread.
Ha, oh yeah I did. Helps to read subject lines. My apologies! :)

IMG-5222-Edited.jpg
IMG-5223-Edited.jpg
IMG-5224-Edited.jpg

Sorry it took a while everyone ! I have moved to the USA from Canada and uprooted my whole collection and equipment... took a while to settle in, start my new job, get an apartment and familiarize myself with everything !

I'm still waiting on the 5 pin connectors for +12V otherwise everything's looking good ! 100% solderless solution for Windy2 cab owners... my I/O board was defective so I replaced it with a Sega one and created a harness to hookup all the inputs, 6 buttons (normal+kick), coin slot, start buttons and power.

Looking good, tidy solution. Better dig out the Sega I/O.

IMG-5222-Edited.jpg
IMG-5223-Edited.jpg
IMG-5224-Edited.jpg

Sorry it took a while everyone ! I have moved to the USA from Canada and uprooted my whole collection and equipment... took a while to settle in, start my new job, get an apartment and familiarize myself with everything !

I'm still waiting on the 5 pin connectors for +12V otherwise everything's looking good ! 100% solderless solution for Windy2 cab owners... my I/O board was defective so I replaced it with a Sega one and created a harness to hookup all the inputs, 6 buttons (normal+kick), coin slot, start buttons and power.
Did these all sell out in the end @SnakeGrunger?

Hey guys, I have a windy 2 from this buy that a friend gave me. The monitor had neck glow but only showed a blue horizontal line in the middle. After a full cleanup and recap of the chassis I managed to get full deflection blue screen. It turned out about 3 times then stopped. It would just make a whining sound and click, from what I gather the flyback went and took the hot with it. I sourced a flyback l, hot, and transformer by the hot since it was clicking also. Just curious if anyone that has gotten their pb7534 working knows if there is any other parts I should replace before attempting to power it back on?. I also recapped the small hv board since I heard 293x have that board and when the caps go out of spec they kill tubes. Any advice is appreciated, I have a 2933 to put in there but I rather get the original Toshiba chassis working.

Attachments

• IMG_20230526_200844.jpg
    IMG_20230526_200844.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20230526_200847.jpg
    IMG_20230526_200847.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230526_201505.jpg
    IMG_20230526_201505.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20230526_202056.jpg
    IMG_20230526_202056.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20230526_213103.jpg
    IMG_20230526_213103.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20230527_144746.jpg
    IMG_20230527_144746.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20230527_160639.jpg
    IMG_20230527_160639.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 63
Hey guys, I have a windy 2 from this buy that a friend gave me. The monitor had neck glow but only showed a blue horizontal line in the middle. After a full cleanup and recap of the chassis I managed to get full deflection blue screen. It turned out about 3 times then stopped. It would just make a whining sound and click, from what I gather the flyback went and took the hot with it. I sourced a flyback l, hot, and transformer by the hot since it was clicking also. Just curious if anyone that has gotten their pb7534 working knows if there is any other parts I should replace before attempting to power it back on?. I also recapped the small hv board since I heard 293x have that board and when the caps go out of spec they kill tubes. Any advice is appreciated, I have a 2933 to put in there but I rather get the original Toshiba chassis working.

@ShootTheCore gave me the great general advice to replace the voltage regulator and vertical deflection IC on a monitor chassis. Not sure if yours needs this given that you’ve already got it to power on and it didn’t seem like those parts were bad.

The short answer- no. I revived mine with a replacement flyback, but when I changed all the caps, it died again. One of my friends had the same experience, it’s really difficult to keep these semi curved Toshibas running- only ones I know still working are the 9430s. Lots of things go wrong in the 7534, from flyback to I/C, to even film caps. It’s not Toshibas best chassis by any means.

Back