What's new
I'll be able to start trying to reproduce it in a few days. I have a desk full of work to clear first for customers.

Nope. Keeping everyone updated.
I thought this would be important to clarify for when you start testing that the crashing only happens (for me anyway) during combat. Whether in attract mode when it's just cpus fighting or when I'm fighting cpus in 1p mode that's when the crash happens never outside of actual combat. Also I decided to activate two cheats: infinite time & infinite health so I can prove that the crash happens without any specific input on my part. thankfully it didn't take long before the crash happened without me moving. Okay so now I wondered if the CPU is making certain inputs itself that causes the crash (mind you I'm thinking this because the "exception error handling" always states "illegal instruction" and since I don't know what that means and Darksoft asked me if it's a specific input that's causing the crashing that's why I'm focused on it). So I decided to also put infinite time in 2P mode with nobody moving. Just to be consistent with the last test crash, i pick the same two characters and background the crash happened on and i let it sit there until something happens with no input. After exactly an hour with no crashing (30 min standing close together and 30 minutes further apart for the camera to zoom out) I gave up waiting as that's longer than any average 1P story Playthru.

So I don't know if I proved anything but it certainly is interesting that with no input (be it me or CPU) the game doesn't crash which is probably why it makes sense that the game only crashes during attract mode combat or actual combat. Hope this information helps.

So you are saying that apparently the input is what makes it crash, right?

Yes, but not exclusively mine as stated in the post the game crashed as the CPU was attacking me and I wasn't moving

What happens if only 2P attacks? and if 1P attacks and 2P stays? Leaving the game in stand by is doing very little, so many more chances that it will not crash, but that doesn't mean that this is the reason. I'm not sure If I'm explaining myself...

What happens if only 2P attacks? and if 1P attacks and 2P stays? Leaving the game in stand by is doing very little, so many more chances that it will not crash, but that doesn't mean that this is the reason. I'm not sure If I'm explaining myself...
Leaving the game on stand by is doing very little? I was trying to show that the game crashing wasn't as random as i thought. That maybe something triggers it. But you're right, what I'm doing doesn't mean that's the reason. I'm no expert at all I'm just trying to be helpful. I was trying to find a correlation between movement input and game crashing. I think it's best for me to leave the data collecting to Mitsurugi-w

Seriously?

It's doing very little in the CPU !!!! Game sits in a loop and few instructions are executed and less data transferred. When you play or gameplay is shown. More block of data and CPU code is executed. That was the point.

Seriously?

It's doing very little in the CPU !!!! Game sits in a loop and few instructions are executed and less data transferred. When you play or gameplay is shown. More block of data and CPU code is executed. That was the point.
...did you take my remarks as sarcasm? Because it wasn't. By any means. I'm really not an expert. I know nothing of code execution let alone programming. You guys created the cart and the compatibility with all the games so my guesses can in no way compare to yours. Why would you yell based on my response?

Last edited:
He's just saying that if a game doesn't crash after sitting for a few minutes but does always seem to crash during gameplay that it is likey an input or the response to an input that is glitching out the game. It helps to see the video because then we can try the same stage, characters against each other etc. We also need to consider if the rom itself became corrupt in a newer version of the rollup pack, etc. I'm still a few days away from this on my to-do list.

Keep in mind I'm not a programmer and Darkossft is only home a few days a month from his real job so we are working on it but it could take awhile to fix. I'm confident this will be fixed though.

No problem I'm very grateful to you, Darksoft, or anybody else that offers support. I'm grateful it's being looked into and will wait patiently.

Hi,

My configuration :

MV1A + unibios 4.0 on a New astro city
New firmware and new menu, sd card bought with cartridge

I have trouble with :

Galaxy fight : Green error screen after the character choice

V liner : doesn’t work, ram error and need to shut down the cab to reboot

Neotris : doesn’t work properly, Game seems not finished

Nam 75 : no sound on mvs mode

And some Green error screen sometimes randomly : need to relaunch the slot.

I have had the cartridge for a few days and nothing serious because most of the games work, but it's strange anyway...

Otherwise the product is just fabulous in terms of quality.

Another thing, on pulstar and Blazing star, I have a quick flash of small lines that appear in the transitions of the game, at the beginning for example in the introduction.

is it normal or need to make something to solve this minor glitchs ?

thanks!

Ok, but please extract the BIOS and test it in the same unit that is giving you trouble.

Last edited:
Ok, but please extract the BIOS and test it in the same unit that is giving you trouble.
Tested with regular bios and same trouble.

but problem fixed by reloading the game in the slot, with unibios 4.0

Back