What's new
Burning Fight

The game resets after Stage 2 boss is defeated with Duke. Can anyone test this out and confirm if it allows you to reach stage 3? It is a repeatable behavior for me with both unibios4 and original bios.

I forgot to mention that I'm on the latest firmware and menu: firm rev 0x0491 firm build 0xa512 top build 0x7d3c menu Nov 22 2019
Can any of you guys test this out to see if it's a general problem or specific to me?

I tried out SamShow III, and experienced the reboot after two matches. Original bios and latest firmware/menu.

I tried the older firmware (1040) with Burning Fight and I'm still getting the reset after stage 2.

Has no one played Burning Fight ever before this? :P

Burning Fight

The game resets after Stage 2 boss is defeated with Duke. Can anyone test this out and confirm if it allows you to reach stage 3? It is a repeatable behavior for me with both unibios4 and original bios.

I forgot to mention that I'm on the latest firmware and menu: firm rev 0x0491 firm build 0xa512 top build 0x7d3c menu Nov 22 2019
Can any of you guys test this out to see if it's a general problem or specific to me?
No problem on my side (firmware and menu: firm rev 0x0491 firm build 0xa512 top build 0x7d3c menu Nov 22 2019) with a MV2F and unibios 4.
I can reach stage 3 with Duke, tested with both Burning Fight (MVS/AES) and Burning Fight (AES US)

Maybe clear the back up ram can help with your problem.
But i still have random reset with Samurai Shodown 3.

No problem on my side (firmware and menu: firm rev 0x0491 firm build 0xa512 top build 0x7d3c menu Nov 22 2019) with a MV2F and unibios 4.
I can reach stage 3 with Duke, tested with both Burning Fight (MVS/AES) and Burning Fight (AES US)

Maybe clear the back up ram can help with your problem.
But i still have random reset with Samurai Shodown 3.
Thank you for testing it out!

This is so strange. I've tried clearing backup ram, different virtual slot, original bios/unibios3/unibios4 but still the same behavior. I'm back to latest firmware and menu. The only variable that I have different is the motherboard version, MV-1FZ vs your MV2F.

I have the MV1FZ mobo as well, and while I can't recall all the details I know for a fact I've played past stage 2 boss.
I haven't tried SS3 (2 is my fave/goto) but I can give it a bootup when I get home and check it out.

This is so strange. I've tried clearing backup ram, different virtual slot, original bios/unibios3/unibios4 but still the same behavior. I'm back to latest firmware and menu. The only variable that I have different is the motherboard version, MV-1FZ vs your MV2F.
How are the caps looking on your MV-1FZ ?

I got up to stage three downtown with only playing Duke and I haven't received a crash yet. My motherboards are MV1C one with unibios 4.0 the other original asia bios

How are the caps looking on your MV-1FZ ?
The board looks good cosmetically. I just realized that it is a MV1FZS model.

I thought if it was a cap issue, I might see instability in other games so I've been playing others all the way through and I haven't had any instability with Blazing Star, Baseball Stars 2 (full playthroughs).

By luck i also have a MV1FZS, i've just tested it and no problem (same multiMVS firmware/menu, and stock bios euro sp-s2)
The issue must be somewhere else (caps, power supply, or maybe a bad rom???)

I found the culprit:

I should've pulled this out of the motherboard earlier, but the reset issue that I was getting with Burning Fight is from the NeoBiosMasta VMC.

Big thanks to all of you guys for the help with troubleshooting!

Attachments

• 0740C212-DA14-4CFE-B5B3-039AD38F4040.jpeg
    0740C212-DA14-4CFE-B5B3-039AD38F4040.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 104
I found the culprit:

I should've pulled this out of the motherboard earlier, but the reset issue that I was getting with Burning Fight is from the NeoBiosMasta VMC.

Great news! Glad to hear that it finally works for you. Enjoy!

I found the culprit:

Hmm. interesting....

I found the problem with the Ghost Pilots music! Here's a link to a fixed vroma0.

This game has two ymsnd:adpcma roms and one ymsnd:adpcmb rom. The sound program was looking for the adpcmb rom at the wrong offset in the vroma0. That's why it seemed like there were missing instruments. The part of the rom where it was looking for the adpcmb data was all zeroed-out.

I think it's fully working now, but please give it a shot and let me know what you think.

I found the problem with the Ghost Pilots music! Here's a link to a fixed vroma0.

This game has two ymsnd:adpcma roms and one ymsnd:adpcmb rom. The sound program was looking for the adpcmb rom at the wrong offset in the vroma0. That's why it seemed like there were missing instruments. The part of the rom where it was looking for the adpcmb data was all zeroed-out.

I think it's fully working now, but please give it a shot and let me know what you think.
Thank YOU! the game sounds ok now with your fixed vroma0 on the multiMVS.
I think maybe it's a firmware issue, because the same rom without your fixed vroma0 works and sounds ok when i play it on the mister fpga Neo Geo core.

Back