What's new
Without key writing cable you are able to run only unecrypted games. There are plenty, so in that sense you might not need the cable.

I had another issue not having this key writing cable: I was able to select the game, it was written to flash, but then hanged in restarting phase with graphical glitches. Power off the whole PCB -> power ON -> previously loaded game started just fine. Then the same happened with next time I loaded a game. Conclusion is that without key writing cable you have to manually power OFF and ON after the game has been succesfully loaded. I had two A+B boardsets (rev. 6 and 7) with identical behavior. Later I installed key writing cables and that fixed the problem. This problem is not described in the installation manual.

djsheep sells good quality cables in this forum. He has also multi stickers.

I had another issue not having this key writing cable: I was able to select the game, it was written to flash, but then hanged in restarting phase with graphical glitches. Power off the whole PCB -> power ON -> previously loaded game started just fine. Then the same happened with next time I loaded a game. Conclusion is that without key writing cable you have to manually power OFF and ON after the game has been succesfully loaded. I had two A+B boardsets (rev. 6 and 7) with identical behavior. Later I installed key writing cables and that fixed the problem. This problem is not described in the installation manual.
Yes, that's expected. One of the pins in the cable is the reset pin, so if it's not connected, the multi can't reset the CPS2.

It looks like highscoresave.com is out of the CPS2 Multi Kit (and the price just jumped). Anyone know if there's a new shipment coming in soon? Or possibly a new revision with the price jump?

Price increase will most likely be due to increased shipping and parts costs - the current revision has only been released recently, I don’t think there has been a new one announced

In case someone hasnt read the news about the global shortage of components, that affects some of the parts used in the multis, like ARM or flashes, many components are very hard to find, and obviously not at the regular price. Delivery dates are now for some of them over 12 months....
We also need to be careful as there are a lot of people profiting the situation and selling fake ARMs or flashes at a very high price just to find out that later won't work. I've heard some stories unfortunately...
There will be a small batch of CPS2 coming soon to the distributors, that reflects the new production prices. This is of course out of our control and we have no choice but to increase the prices.

@Thchardcore , you really want the key writing, with key writing you currently have access to : 310 games from all regions and all existing versions.
Thanks. If it is just a cable and there are other sources besides the kit, I can order multi from our Italian friend and get cable from Sheep here?

Question @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w.. I need a replacement LCD screen for mine, is that something that's easily purchased somewhere? Additionally, mine is still on the initial Firmware version.. Can I get it upgraded to play the encrypted romset? I'm still operating on *ahem* OTHER people's rom dumps :D

One month before the tournament my SSF2X CPSII died, last week I got the Multi Kit from my friend Aldo @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES , whom I thank for his speed and professionalism, and I modified my second X-Men CPSII. I share my work with you all! I am happy to have this beautiful product! And the January tournament was saved! Thanks @Darksoft for giving us all this.

Attachments

• IMG_20211218_164033.jpg
    IMG_20211218_164033.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20211218_165314.jpg
    IMG_20211218_165314.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20211218_170029.jpg
    IMG_20211218_170029.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20211218_174130.jpg
    IMG_20211218_174130.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20211218_175813.jpg
    IMG_20211218_175813.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20211218_180157.jpg
    IMG_20211218_180157.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20211218_193823.jpg
    IMG_20211218_193823.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 165
Sorry if this is a repeated question.
How can I get the Punisher or other cps1 version from Rom pack hack I guess, works on the CPS2 multi?
I unzipped and I used the folder provided, but didn't display it on the LCD, so I renamed as punisher, and also couldn't find it.

Any advice

Thanks

Sorry if this is a repeated question.
How can I get the Punisher or other cps1 version from Rom pack hack I guess, works on the CPS2 multi?
I unzipped and I used the folder provided, but didn't display it on the LCD, so I renamed as punisher, and also couldn't find it.

Any advice

Thanks
Any suggestion, thanks

Back