What's new
There are other members in France. I'm sure one would be willing to help.

one word of notice, I upgraded the firmware in my Multikit last weekend and it took one hour to erase that EPROM... (after three 10-minute passes there were still zero bits left here and there, so I cranked the dial up and also inserted the chip slightly crooked, when it finished I rotated it the other way and gave it another go without testing, so maybe 45 minutes are enough, who knows, still 3x as long as almost all my other EPROMs)
Maybe another... I only have a GALEP 4 which won't take 27C800s or 27C160s (this is the one in my version). The biggest my GALEP can take is the 27C240 which has a wildly different pinout, so I made an adapter with two dip switches for the higher addresses and split the image in two banks (as the image for the 160 is just the same data times two) and burned these one after the other. It works and now the machine only spits out about a second worth of garbage screens before displaying a nice splash screen (while it's loading and decompressing the rest of the data into memory) and going into the menu. If your monitor is quick enough, you might catch a glimpse at the splash screen, I think it looks pretty cool!
(and another... the Test Tape sits on a black screen for maybe about a minute before anything visibly happens - it tests the 48k of RMS3 RAM before doing anything - and it waits for the Credit Switch to advance the test)

It works and now the machine only spits out about a second worth of garbage screens before displaying a nice splash screen (while it's loading and decompressing the rest of the data into memory) and going into the menu. If your monitor is quick enough, you might catch a glimpse at the splash screen, I think it looks pretty cool!
You mean like this?

(and another... the Test Tape sits on a black screen for maybe about a minute before anything visibly happens - it tests the 48k of RMS3 RAM before doing anything - and it waits for the Credit Switch to advance the test)
You can press the coin button and it will start the tests inmediately.

It doesn't do the second screen after the Darksoft screen, it went right to the menu, on my machine the monitor wasn't at full brightness yet when the menu showed up. (btw. there's no limit on how much stuff you can put there as long as you allow operators to fast-forward it after the initialization part that's running in the background is complete. How about a cool tune? It's two AY-3-8910, not like there aren't any good chiptunes for it :) it just needs to fit in the 4k sound RAM.
Btw. DECO Cassette System Megademo when?

Second, your monitor needs degaussing...

Its my monitor. Yes it needs degaussing. I have a coil just super lazy. Lol. Hard to get motivated in 100 degree heat and 100% humidity.

's that mean the test version I have is valuable and will be worth a ton of money someday? :P

Degaussing... have you tried holding the "ERASE" button in the cab for a few seconds? On ours it's next to the volume control. If it doesn't have it (or nothing happens), your monitor needs a new PTC. Swapping that will be more work than waving the magic degauss wand (and erasing nearby tapes in the process :) )

Great update :)

20220907-215840.jpg

20220907-215859.jpg

20220907-220740.jpg

You forgot the best part of the splash screen. ;)

No Mitsu, look again at the first screen he posted. Its just perfect what could be better than that? :p

That screen is the opening act for the main event screen.

If someone want to play The Tower, you need to connect additional 2 “undocumented” pushbuttons of the IDC connector.

here is the pinout:
A4 : left stick right ( normally is 1p shoot)
B4 : left joystick left ( normally 1p shoot 2 )
A5 : left joystick up ( not documented)
B5 : left joystick down ( not documented)

unfortunately 1p stick controls the right part of the body so on a jamma setup you need to swap joystick positions.
if you play with a japanese supergun with fixed control panel you need to make an adapter to swap joysticks

Back