What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
I know others have gotten this to work, but not been able to find a concise guide as to what needs to be done and what hardware is needed. Anyone have any pointers?

I know others have gotten this to work, but not been able to find a concise guide as to what needs to be done and what hardware is needed. Anyone have any pointers?
You'll need an Atomiswave gunboard and loom between gunboard and mobo.
The happ guns plug into the gunboard, just like the original Sammy guns...same pinout.

And your motherboard needs the expansion i/o cartridge

And your motherboard needs the expansion i/o cartridge
Yeah I have the I/O cartridge and can get the gunboard. What I'm wondering about is the wiring from HAPP gun to gunboard to i/o.

I'll dig out my system in a few days and let you know. The only thing you need to make is the loom between mobo an gunboard.
4 or 5 wires, very easy

I just got a Sports Shooting USA cabinet in yesterday. I have 0 knowledge of the wiring configuration but this is what the connections for the Happ guns look like in my control panel. If you need better pictures please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 325
Here some pics of my setup.
Pinout of the loom is in the last pic. I drew the connector just lik you see it in the first pic.
The numbers are the pin numbers of the connector on the gun board.
The hap gun connects to cn2 for player on and cn4 for player two. The red wire shoud go to pin 1.

Attachments

• 20210124_163425.jpg
    20210124_163425.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 370
  • 20210124_163448.jpg
    20210124_163448.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 20210124_163518.jpg
    20210124_163518.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 355
That you both, will take me a bit to work on getting this setup.

Still working on this... got distracted trying to re-shell on of my guns.

OK, so think I have things wired up. But am not getting any evidence of it working. Only have Ranger Mission to work with, and it is possible that my gun IO board isn't working. Tried to go into the settings and see if there's a calibration/test mode, but I don't have a "service" button... any ideas?
IMG_0826.jpg

Double checked the wiring loom?
My drawing of the connector is orientated like you look at the jamma connector on the mobo.

Amp-mini-U says the sports shooting manual

*edit* jst phd says nem👍😁

Last edited:
Double checked the wiring loom?
My drawing of the connector is orientated like you look at the jamma connector on the mobo.

Wiring seems to be correct. Not sure how I can diagnose it... could be an issue with the wiring, IO board, gun board or gun.

Try flipping the gun connector when all else fails.
Tried both orientations, no luck. I did manage to get into the setup for Ranger Mission, and not even seeing the trigger being detected. Any idea what the pinout for the CN2/CN4 is? I should be able to short two pins and see it picked up as a trigger click. That'll help me determine if its the board or gun.

Back