What's new
This has been quite helpful. Thank you. I just ordered my HAS and looking forward to it. My girlfriend is excited I won't be bringing anymore full size cabinets into the house

This has been quite helpful. Thank you. I just ordered my HAS and looking forward to it. My girlfriend is excited I won't be bringing anymore full size cabinets into the house
Man, if your GF dislikes your cabinet, you should really get rid of her. The GF, of course ;). Anyway, you won't regret getting the HAS, I got mine not too long ago and its awesomeness is so high :D.

Ha!!! Unfortunately we can only afford a 2 bedroom place together so I gotta be nice and allow her to have her work space too.
I am super pumped to get the HAS, I have a 20" Sony trinitron flat tube crt that's practically brand new that should be perfect for this. After I put a Dell trinitron CRT in my upright I hate playing on led/LCD monitors.

On the topic of cables, retro_console_accessories can also make custom cables to adapt the HAS's output to other standards. I had a male mini DIN-8 to female standard DIN-8 made so I can use my existing (quite expensive) Scart RGB cable. She can also adapt to female mini DIN-9 if desired. They're $16 for a standard cable or $25 for coax. Both options are fully shielded/grounded.

On the topic of cables, retro_console_accessories can also make custom cables to adapt the HAS's output to other standards. I had a male mini DIN-8 to female standard DIN-8 made so I can use my existing (quite expensive) Scart RGB cable. She can also adapt to female mini DIN-9 if desired. They're $16 for a standard cable or $25 for coax. Both options are fully shielded/grounded.
GREAT! I eBay messaged a person about a cable and haven't heard anything so this is really helpful.

Both options are fully shielded/grounded
I wanted to echo this statement because low quality cables with no ground shielding present are nothing but noise/trouble.

My first SNES cable suffered from this, I had a ground wire inside the cable but zero shielding around the outside.
The results were pretty bad, some light static/crackle sounds on the audio channels and visual pulsing/lines on solid colors.

Adding a ferrite (see image below) helped reduce the noise some, but swapping out for a fully shielded cable solved it entirely.
dxe-csb-525p_at_ml.jpg

Ive gotten pretty good at soldering wires. Guess I could just make my own cable huh?

also I would like to know how I can make the undamned USB work with the HAS?
If you have the plug-in version, you can just plug it directly into the HAS's controller ports:

undamned-db15-usb-decoder.jpg

How can we integrate a Pico psu with an on off switch to the HAS?
You can do this by just connecting +12V, +5V, and -5V from the picoPSU to the HAS harness. If you go that route, opt for the highest wattage Pico you can afford since many PCBs need a lot of juice (CPS2 multi-kit setup for example). The Picos do not have adjustable voltage though, which would rule them out for me personally.

another question just curious if my TV has componant in could I tap the RGB of the 8 pin mini din and plug direct

another question just curious if my TV has componant in could I tap the RGB of the 8 pin mini din and plug direct
Component is not the same as RGB, even if the cable colors are the same. RGB uses 4 cables (RGB and Sync) but component uses only 3. You can, however, take the HAS RGB signal, pass it through a video encoder (neobitz and JROK come to mind) and convert it to component. Then you can connect it to your TV and get a nice image.

My bad i compleatly forgot about the sync lead. I must be tired. I will look into the scaler as all the encoders seem to be out of stock everyewhere.

I am very jealous if those undamned db15s! I really need two for my HAS but seems like I'm going to be waiting at least a month... Who's going to send me theirs?

Back