What's new
Can anyone confirm if the HAS is safe to use with the gscartsw? Planning on getting one and there's a massive warning on the store page to not use it with superguns... I'll probably just leave my HAS out of the setup to be safe but I'm wondering if he's just talking about the cheap superguns with bad components etc..

Can anyone confirm if the HAS is safe to use with the gscartsw? Planning on getting one and there's a massive warning on the store page to not use it with superguns... I'll probably just leave my HAS out of the setup to be safe but I'm wondering if he's just talking about the cheap superguns with bad components etc..
I use my HAS with the gscartsw. No problem. Just be sure to configure the HAS for buffered 75 Ohm sync.

Used mine with a gscartsw for a while without issue as well. Like the Goat mentioned above, make sure the HAS' sync is set correctly

Guys, apologies for radio silence. I promise to respond to all PMs when I feel fine.

For now, wishing you all the best in 2021, I sooo hope it's going to be the better year.

I wish you the best or at least a better year ;o). (I took you your first version of RECO pcb, 7 years ago but your tool keep in touch, I'm enjoying this as if it were the first day !)

Reactions: RGB
Not sure how to get on the wait list for a HAS now, I guess after you're back, but I'd like to be on it. Also hope you feel fine soon!

Last edited:
Not sure how to get on the wait list for a HAS now, I guess after you're back, but I'd like to be on it. Also hope you feel fine soon!
Look on the first page of this thread and there is a google sheet. Right now you cannot sign up for a pre-order. Be patient : D

Look on the first page of this thread and there is a google sheet. Right now you cannot sign up for a pre-order. Be patient : D
Yes I did see that, but the link was crossed out. Not knowing what that means since I'm new here obviously. :) I will patiently wait.

Odd issue here with Gaelco "World Rally Championship" PCB video not syncing through the HAS v4.0.

The board plays fine on my Jamma cab on the Hantarex MTC9110 monitor. However playing on Sony CRT TV with the HAS there is a sync issue.

1. HAS Csync level switch on the base set to the "75R" position (not TTL)

2. The screen doesn't sync and the image is all over the place rolling diagonally. I tried all 3x CSync switch options on the top of the HAS, (Regenerate, Unprocessed, Buffered) and all have the same sync issue. Note that all other PCB boards work fine with this switch set to Buffered, just this one has the issue.

3. However if I go from the HAS output to a gscart switch and set it the HAS Csync mode to "Unprocessed" it displays fine! Setting it to Regenerate or Buffered are a complete black screen through gscart though, only Unprocessed works..

Any idea why this would be the case? I'm reluctant to use HAS with the gscart switch as it says to avoid using it with a super gun on their website. Especally with it set to "Unprocessed" which I believe taps the Csync from the PCB directly. Maybe play around with the base switch and set it to TTL mode instead of 75R?

I'm reluctant to use HAS with the gscart switch as it says to avoid using it with a super gun on their website. Especally with it set to "Unprocessed" which I believe taps the Csync from the PCB directly. Maybe play around with the base switch and set it to TTL mode instead of 75R?
Just don't connect the HAS to your gscartsw while outputting TTL level sync mode and you should be safe.

ok I'll make a note to use world rally with the gscart switch and set the HAS to 75omh and Unprocessed.

By the way, I did some more testing last night with a direct connection from the HAS to the CRT TV setting the base switch to TTL instead of 75omh and tried Regenerate, Unprocessed, Buffered. All had the same sync issue with a rolling picture. No idea why this happens on just this World Rally board.

Either way at least I have a work around since there is something about the gscart switch processing that fixes it once HAS is set to 75ohm + Unprocessed :thumbup:

did anyone managed to configure buttons 5 and 6 correctly on snes controllers?
or on sega genesis 6 buttons?
thanks

Hi everyone, i own a HAS and want to use a scart switcher (bandridge or gscartsw) and connect everything to an OSSC, do i have any risks of damaging something by doing this ?

Hi everyone, i own a HAS and want to use a scart switcher (bandridge or gscartsw) and connect everything to an OSSC, do i have any risks of damaging something by doing this ?
Yes, if you configure the HAS incorrectly (TTL sync) you can damage the gscartsw. Be sure to always send 75ohm sync from the HAS and your gscartsw should be safe.

Back