What's new
Hey. I'm double testing a couple bootleg boards on the HAS that werent working in my NAC.

For some reason. I cannot get sound to work on the HAS.

I have it connected through Mini Din to SCART and my other scart consoles sounds are working great the Banbridge auto switch.

I even hooked up an headphone to RCA adapter I cannot get sound to come through.

I feel like I'm missing a basic step here...

Edit: I used a PCB that had working sound on my NAC but didnt work on HAS. But when I plugged in the M-72 Multi. The sound was working.

I wonder what makes certain PCB's have sound on cabs but not HAS..
I get very low sound output on Donpachi with the HAS. Cab not near me for testing, so curious if it is the same. I should go rescue my cab from storage.

So as a follow up, since Donpachi outputs curiously low sound on the HAS and I have tested with 2 different Donpachi PCBs, I am leaning towards this being the impact of the audio attenuation circuit in the HAS itself.

@RGB - if I were to bypass the HAS audio attenuation circuit, could I simply remove what I assume is just 2 resistors and bridge the pads where each resistor used to be?

Can someone else test a Cave 68000 based game and report back?

So as a follow up, since Donpachi outputs curiously low sound on the HAS and I have tested with 2 different Donpachi PCBs, I am leaning towards this being the impact of the audio attenuation circuit in the HAS itself.

@RGB - if I were to bypass the HAS audio attenuation circuit, could I simply remove what I assume is just 2 resistors and bridge the pads where each resistor used to be?

Can someone else test a Cave 68000 based game and report back?
I don't have Donpachi, but I have Sailor Moon, Gaia Crusaders, Fever SOS, ESPrade, Uo Poko, and Power Instinct and I think they are on the same PCB, no sound issues at all with my HAS v4.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=803&gid=2262#2262

Also, you may want to update your signature, unless you're still holding out hope my brother! :P

I tested similar hardware that also use a LA4460 but did not encounter the issue. Just seems odd it is only this board. I will have to test Dodonpachi, but part of me believes it is because the Donpachi is a Korean variant and so has generally some lower grade parts.

What is interesting is spotting some variation in the caps used around the sound area even across the same Korean region board. I'll have to go back to my photos, but I did notice different ratings on the smaller caps closest to the left side of the amp.

Noted RE signature. Time flies.

Last update: I spent some time verifying the values of the capacitors and found a 100uf one where a 47uf should be. It also tested bad with the ESR meter. Swapped it out and volume level is much stronger than before. Board is still lower volume overall than my others but I am happy.

So in the end, had nothing to do with the HAS audio circuit.

I was playing Neo Geo when all off the sudden my HAS 3.2 stopped recognizing some of the joystick buttons, only the coin button and the the joystick (UP,Down,Left,Right) are recognized, it doesn’t matter what controller I plug in. Also tried another jamma pcb and had the same issue. Is there anything I can try and do to fix it? since the start button is not recognized I'm unable to enter the HAS button reconfiguration mode.

@merrygoomba Based on what it says on the HAS manual your button layout is not set so you will need to reconfigured your button layout. Here is the link to the HAS Manual , #23 of the Q&A section. Also in the manual are instructions on how to configure your button layout.

That is something you can try and see if it fixes your issue.

@merrygoomba Based on what it says on the HAS manual your button layout is not set so you will need to reconfigured your button layout. Here is the link to the HAS Manual , #23 of the Q&A section. Also in the manual are instructions on how to configure your button layout.

That is something you can try and see if it fixes your issue.
I already tried that before,but like I mentioned in the post the start & buttons are not being recognized (except coin and joystick) so I can’t enter the button reconfiguration MODE of the HAS.(you have to hold start and 2 buttons to enter that mode)

I already tried that before,but like I mentioned in the post the start & buttons are not being recognized (except coin and joystick) so I can’t enter the button reconfiguration MODE of the HAS.(you have to hold start and 2 buttons to enter that mode)
@merrygoomba You have probably done this but but i gotta ask. Have your tried a different controller/arcade stick, have you checked the buttons and connections to see if its a loose connection?
Just throwing ideas out.
Weird that only start button not working but all other are.

@DarthMig Thanks and yes I have tried different controllers with the same results, also checked the connections and they seem fine. Only the coin button and joystick work (UP,Down,Left,Right).

Hi guys
is there any news about the HAS supergun?
I am looking forward to buying one ;(

has cables.jpg

Can anyone help a ninja out?

When I purchased the HAS I just opted to buy every cable he made optional because in the future I wasn't sure what boards I was gonna land on. Well I landed on some and need to know which cable is which.

According to the receipt I should have a

• STV
  • Konami
  • 3P4P
  • I think one is a midway?
I know the green is a CPS1 and I have the CPS2 hooked up.

Also what use case is the VGA hat for someone who uses a XRGB Framemeister but is thinking of going OSSC?

Thanks!

has cables.jpg

Can anyone help a ninja out?

When I purchased the HAS I just opted to buy every cable he made optional because in the future I wasn't sure what boards I was gonna land on. Well I landed on some and need to know which cable is which.

According to the receipt I should have a

• STV
  • Konami
  • 3P4P
  • I think one is a midway?
I know the green is a CPS1 and I have the CPS2 hooked up.

Also what use case is the VGA hat for someone who uses a XRGB Framemeister but is thinking of going OSSC?

Thanks!
Can't help with the cables but I use the hat with an OSSC specifically for Taito F3 which won't sync with the OSSC via AV1.

I think all of the cables (except the green cps1 kick harness) are 3/4 player adapters, are you playing 3/4 player games right now?

I think all of the cables (except the green cps1 kick harness) are 3/4 player adapters, are you playing 3/4 player games right now?
No.

How do I connect the HAS to a MK II board?
I see I am gonna need a raiden board or another solution. Thought I had a midway 6pin JST XH to MK kick harness for some reason.

Last edited:
@Kavas I use a CPS2 to Midway style adapter for this. There are several solutions with that design out there but I think I got mine from JNX. Figured that might help since you already have the CPS2 kick harness adapter.

MK2 is on the right - works also with (U)MK3:
20191206_093450.jpg

Back