What's new
Sure, it's just holding the start button and power on the HAS (oviously) to enter that mode. I tried to do that with a dualshock3 - didn't work. Am I missing something?

EDIT: yes, when using the PS3 controller, I forgot to push two buttons together with start... oh my goodness. It's working now...
:whistling:

still not possible with wireless ones, but that's OK with the workaround....

Last edited:
Hey, to enter the button remapping mode in HAS you just need to press and hold start+two random buttons for 3 seconds. This can be done at any point during the game.

I bought a used HAS 2.1 that's on the way while I wait for the newer ones to come back in stock. Can someone point me to someone that sells a compatible euro scart cable I can buy to use with it?

I bought this
5vw8q7Z.jpg

Here http://www.oldskoolconsoles.com/product-page/quality-rgb-euroscart-kit-separate-audio but you have to mail them in order to confirm they have this specific adapter; they sell various cables. This is UK based, so good for buying in EU. This comes as a kit, you have to assemble/solder by yourself.
Then you have this (same adapter) https://www.ebay.com/itm/EU-SCART-t...320116?hash=item2f15823e74:g:dsIAAOSwqfNXpcUe from Australia.
And, last but not least, http://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=203&rn=543&action=show_detail this should be from the original designer/builder of the adapter (always from Australia).

Regards.

Locutus73
I bought a used HAS 2.1 that's on the way while I wait for the newer ones to come back in stock. Can someone point me to someone that sells a compatible euro scart cable I can buy to use with it?
Based on what @Locutus73 mentioned above ... @beigemore ... you can't buy one from Tim (from Australia), also you have other options to do it from 2 other places !

@RGB Please add me to your list for the HAS preorder. I would like to play CPS1 hardware and am unsure what cables would i need. I have an OSSC and a rgb cable for the nes from Tim's website and plan to order the undamned controller adapter. Is that all that's required? Thanks.

Added, thanks! You'll only need a CPS1 cable and a power supply (trusted PSU models were mentioned a number of times in this thread). The Scart RGB cable from Tim will do the trick with the OSSC.

• hey @RGB would you please add me to the pre order list. I would love to start playing cps2 and neo geo games.

Reactions: RGB
Added, thanks! You'll only need a CPS1 cable and a power supply (trusted PSU models were mentioned a number of times in this thread). The Scart RGB cable from Tim will do the trick with the OSSC.
Thanks @RGB, I have already obtained a recommended power supply from this thread. Please also add me for the CPS1 kick harness, CPS2 kick harness, 3P4P adapter PCB, CPS2 Player 3 and Player 4 harness for the 3P4P adapterand Konami Player 3 and Player 4 harness for the 3P4P adapter if you will be making them

@RGB can you add me to the pre order list please?

I'll be using the HAS for a MVS and Capcom CPS2.

I wanted to post real quick about a problem I was having recently with my HAS. I've been using a Suzo Happ Power Pro power supply for quite awhile with mine with no issues. Recently I've been noticing a diagonal ripple on my display that has recently got worse. I replaced the Suzo Happ with a Mean Well MWP 606 and the ripple disappeared. So I can no longer recommend this power supply.

I was using the Suzo since I had trouble sourcing a Mean Well in the US when I bought my first HAS. Thankfully TwistedQuarter has us covered now. :)

Thinking this might've also been a problem with my SCART cable, I also picked up an extra shielded NESRGB cable from Retro-Access and wanted to report this also works great. :thumbsup:

Install shots (and my one cord HD15+3.5mm solution)...
Cpu7Lm1.jpg

LLHkPBc.jpg

7JAqFdw.jpg

For the OSSC to lock the the F3 via HD15 adapter, the HAS must be set to output Buffered TTL Sync.
2y9nK0T.jpg

Open/remove the jumper at location #17 (TTL) and move the jumper at location #18 to center (buffered).
The OSSC must have both its Pre/Post Coast set to 4, and be in mode AV3: RGBS (the first/default mode is AV3: RGBHV).

1Hk0UEJ.jpg

5WBO1WQ.jpg

o6mZ8tX.jpg

AY1iLv7.jpg
@jassin000

Question for you. I have the OSSC and plan on using these settings to hook up the F3 board I have, but I would also like to leave all the settings alone for CPS1/CPS2/Sega 16 (and maybe other boards). Can I use these buffered settings or do I have to change everything back for the other boards? Will leaving these settings on damage anything (boards or OSSC) to test?

Re the power supplies, different brands. The cheaper one looks like a Ming Dong.

Back