What's new
finally I found the good setting with minipro here
but I dont find with topall8 (top3000 programmer)
Here is my top win config for Naomi 0 key.

Attachments

• 20220224_105240.jpg
    20220224_105240.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 177
@stj , yes, it is used as a start index for the protection.
Ideally if we could set it to $0000 we could dd but the ATA ID block is not accessible using standard tools.

我可以在这里确认第一篇文章中的 bin 文件的网络适用于 Type3 Triforce。我将其转换为 Intel hex 文件并使用 PICKIT 软件版本烧录。暂时可以玩 VS 2002,因为其他游戏需要模拟 IO。
If you could give me share a triforce hex file I need it

The file you are requesting is on the first post of this thread.

It is a bin file, I do not have a .hex file.

Anyone with a Top3000 written a Zero pic successfully for a Chihiro?

Something weird is going on, I'll load the _NET file

1667280421314.png

Change the settings to what is being recommended to use

1667280455277.png

Appears to burn successfully along with the config

1667280480861.png

But when I read the chip, it's all 000's. Shouldn't I be expecting data like the first screen?

1667280529768.png

You're not actually using the NET file for CF though right? I've heard this works on NAOMI for CF but you'll definitely want the non NET version on the newer systems I would think.

I use topwin, while it optionally locks GAL chips (Security option in the operation list with erase, write, etc), I don't see it locking these PICs with the options displayed [in the burn menu, PIC options are different], and it doesn't technically need to be locked to function. The chip configuration I use for netboot chips on topwin doesn't lock them IIRC.

@skate323k137 The Net-Boot version: ABC_BIN_0000000000000000_NET.bin works with Chihiro and Triforce in both CF,GD-ROM and Net-Boot mode.

I have tested this personally as well.

You're not actually using the NET file for CF though right? I've heard this works on NAOMI for CF but you'll definitely want the non NET version on the newer systems I would think.

I use topwin, while it optionally locks GAL chips (Security option in the operation list with erase, write, etc), I don't see it locking these PICs with the options displayed [in the burn menu, PIC options are different], and it doesn't technically need to be locked to function. The chip configuration I use for netboot chips on topwin doesn't lock them IIRC.

Yeah I am because it says on the note on the first post that the _NET file works for Chihiro in both CF and Net boot mode.

Edit: I can't actually lock it, it's grey'd out

1667299743848.png

Last edited:
Yeah I am because it says on the note on the first post that the _NET file works for Chihiro in both CF and Net boot mode.
Even if it "works" it's not right. There is a flag in the source code to be set appropriately; I consider the net key working for CF to be a happy accident and not something to count on. Just my opinion after 12 years of netbooting, having compiled my own PICs for both NET and CF.

Also an unlocked PIC should read/verify fine, so probably start there, but if you intend to use CF, and have a burner, use a PIC that's compiled for it.

Lastly, it's early here, but IIRC the greyed out lock option is for GALs, PICs I believe are handled in config settings as to if they're readable after programming.

Last edited:
Even if it "works" it's not right. There is a flag in the source code to be set appropriately; I consider the net key working for CF to be a happy accident and not something to count on. Just my opinion after 12 years of netbooting, having compiled my own PICs for both NET and CF.

Also an unlocked PIC should read/verify fine, so probably start there, but if you intend to use CF, and have a burner, use a PIC that's compiled for it.

Lastly, it's early here, but IIRC the greyed out lock option is for GALs, PICs I believe are handled in config settings as to if they're readable after programming.

Just tried the ABC_BIN_0000000000000000.bin file with the same settings as I tried before:

Erase: All
OSC: HS
WDTEN: 0: Disable
PWRTE: 0: Enable
MCLRE: 0: Disable
BODEN: 0: Disable
LVP: 1: Enable
CPD: 0: Enable
CP: 0: Enable

Next I'll try a working one on a netdimm and see if that works, after that, I'll try and flash the fw again on the chihiro

Word. If you have a netdimm, or even better, a PIC that has worked in one, that'll definitely help eliminate variables.

Looks like I was writing the correct file/config all along. ABC_BIN_0000000000000000_NET.bin file with the following config in the Top 3000 software

Erase: All
OSC: HS
WDTEN: 0: Disable
PWRTE: 0: Enable
MCLRE: 0: Disable
BODEN: 0: Disable
LVP: 1: Enable
CPD: 0: Enable
CP: 0: Enable

My issue was related to the FW on the chihiro

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/chihiro-type-3-new-firmware.1473/post-356571

Thanks everyone for their help and assistance :)

Last edited:
Hi, I've bought some PIC16F628A to flash in order to make my triforce type 1 play some type 3 patched games.

I want to flash the PIC with an arduino uno, as it can be a very cheap solution to more expensive programmers.

This is the project's github

I don't know what settings to use and what file to use.
The command line tool needs a .hex file but I got a .bin one from OP.
I tried .hex files in this thread but they don't seem to work as I don't know the settings to use.

This could be a good step in making this kind of arcade boards more accessible to people.

Hi, I've bought some PIC16F628A to flash in order to make my triforce type 1 play some type 3 patched games.

I want to flash the PIC with an arduino uno, as it can be a very cheap solution to more expensive programmers.

This is the project's github

I don't know what settings to use and what file to use.
The command line tool needs a .hex file but I got a .bin one from OP.
I tried .hex files in this thread but they don't seem to work as I don't know the settings to use.

This could be a good step in making this kind of arcade boards more accessible to people.
This is quite interesting. However to me it seems like a lot of work, when a programmer with a ZIF is available for approximately the cost of 2 arduino uno boards.

Well, genuine Arduino Unos. You can pick up bootleg ones for pennies.

But yeah, I concur. You can get a XGecu T48 for 56 euros from the official store on Aliexpress.

A lot of value for that price.

Back