What's new
Well, genuine Arduino Unos. You can pick up bootleg ones for pennies.

But yeah, I concur. You can get a XGecu T48 for 56 euros from the official store on Aliexpress.

A lot of value for that price.
Well, you're right but...
I only need a flasher to do this very thing, while an arduino is multi purpose.

Why do people mod Gamecubes with a raspberry pico instead of a zenogc? Because someone took the opportunity to repurpose something that he, and a lot of people already have.

I think that with some help I can manage to use arduino to flash the Zero Key bin onto the PIC
The problem is that I have zero experience in PIC flashing and I don't understand much.
I tried flashing but I didn't know what arguments to use, what file to use and how to make a .hex file myself.

Also, the arduino tool used to flash the PIC (ZEPPP) is multi-platform, therefore you don't need windows and obscure utilities to make it work, just a simple command.

If you want to help me I'm here, I will have more time to try things when the holidays start.

Thanks in advance, if you need some info you can look in the github repo yourself.

I only need a flasher to do this very thing, while an arduino is multi purpose.
To be fair, you can program all sorts of chips with the recommended programmer, not just PIC chips. If you continue down this road with the Arduino I wish you luck :)

Reactions: nem
Good afternoon, I tried to netboot MKAGP1 and got into the Device Check menu (see pic).
After some minutes tho, the Triforce reboots and I get error 33 gateway not found.

So the problem is that when game is loaded first time, it boots, but then can't load from ram, except for its test menu, which after 5 minutes reboots into error 33 as well.

Is this normal beaviour without a pic? Or did I have some success?

Attachments

• first_steps.jpg
    first_steps.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 59
If you are using the linux script triforcetools.py, try uncommenting the time limit hack to leave the netboot host connected. It's not the best fix but I've had that work for me on a Chihiro Type 3.

If you are using the linux script triforcetools.py, try uncommenting the time limit hack to leave the netboot host connected. It's not the best fix but I've had that work for me on a Chihiro Type 3.
Sadly I used transfergame.exe + crossover connection since I couldn't set up the network on my arch linux install...

I even tried using a normal ethernet cable to connect the dimm to my router but that didn't work either.

If you have any advice on setting the network on linux, let me know.

Sadly I used transfergame.exe + crossover connection since I couldn't set up the network on my arch linux install...

I even tried using a normal ethernet cable to connect the dimm to my router but that didn't work either.

If you have any advice on setting the network on linux, let me know.
In general what I do is set the router with no DHCP. Use a /24 (255.255.255.0 netmask), and then you would want to configure your linux laptop for any static IP in the range you use, be it 1292.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x or whatever. From there you also configure the system in the same range (I'm sure you get most of this already). So router at 10.0.0.1, laptop at 10.0.0.2, and system at 10.0.0.3 for example.

I have used lubuntu successfully and setting a static IP on it is very easy. No need to get into vim to edit your network interfaces in /etc/.

Hi guys, great news!

Everything works perfectly, everything I throw at it boots fine! (even mods like MKAGP1/2 or FZero GX for Type1!)

I've had good results with the tool suggested by @rtw , so thank you for the advice :)

Right now the only error 33 that I got was when I loaded FZero GX and didn't input anything for too long.
IMG_20221223_225829.jpg

sorry for the mess... I still have to set everything up properly!

EDIT: NVM, apparently the dimm works even without the pic... so I don't know what's going on.
Maybe the pytool automatically detects if there isn't a pic and uses the time hack?
I truly don't know :/

Last edited:
Thanks
It is not working for me too
I did use it and it was working fine for netboot chip with transfergame but seems not good for cf

At home i have 16f648a which is same of 628a but bigger, same i used many times for netbooting but seems not working for cf boot

Thanks
It is not working for me too
I did use it and it was working fine for netboot chip with transfergame but seems not good for cf

At home i have 16f648a which is same of 628a but bigger, same i used many times for netbooting but seems not working for cf boot

Your jumpers are set to GD-ROM when you try the CF yes?

NetDimm_Jumpers_conf.png

Yes jumpers are ok
I tested 16f628 and 16f648a both give same problem, with the right file from first post of this thread, i get now loading than checking memory, than now loading again and so on
This for three times than i get an error
I can enter the menu and enter the game settings. I read the thread and others had same problem but i don t see any solution
Maybe i just need 16f628a pic
But seems to me very strange that game load and i can enter game settings

@mrmv for the NAOMI CF you need to use: ABC_BIN_0000000000000000.bin

The memory check loop that you describe sounds like the CF card is not created properly, have you used gcfi ?

i didn t make the cf myself
Maybe i try to make new one
I program the chips with gq4x programmer
I think i miss something in the programmer setting
I tried both files with swapped file and without
One gives error 26 and one keep loading and loading

i didn t make the cf myself
Maybe i try to make new one
I program the chips with gq4x programmer
I think i miss something in the programmer setting
I tried both files with swapped file and without
One gives error 26 and one keep loading and loading
These are the settings you have to use when programming with a GQ.
And yes, the byteswapped file is the one you need.

Attachments

• naomi-pic-settings.png
    naomi-pic-settings.png
    7 KB · Views: 20
I used that setting with value 0x0082
What about value as 3fff or 3ff0

@mrmv can you confirm that you are using the file: ABC_BIN_0000000000000000.bin ?

I'm reasonably certain that the attached hex files should produce a single PIC that will allow both netbooting and CF loading (ABC.BIN) of decrypted game files. One should just have to set the DIMM jumpers accordingly.

I've included two versions; a 'normal' one and a byteswapped one. I had to use the byteswapped one with GQ USB Programmer software and my GQ-4X programmer, writing to a PIC16F628A chip.

I've tested CF loading on NAOMI with a 4.02 net DIMM. I'll leave netboot testing for someone else to try. :)

I'd also appreciate someone testing both CF loading and netbooting on Triforce and Chihiro setups, since I don't have either!

naomi-pic-settings.png
I used files from this reply above, since this user was using same programmer I have, and files from your first post

I am a bit confused as to what you are trying to write to the PIC.

Can you confirm that you are using the file: ABC_BIN_0000000000000000.bin from the first post in this thread ?

Back