What's new
you'll need a version of Pi Force designed to work with whatever display you're using.

The version described in this how-to only works with the Adafruit LCD Keypad "Pi Plate" module; it wont work with those touch screen displays.

I've seen versions that work with touch-screens, though they likely only work with specific touch screens.

Also, holy shit $48 for a Pi display... way overpriced IMO.

I haven't done much with it, but there are RPi netboot options that have no attached display and serve up a web page to a smart phone to select and start a game. These may be worth considering for new setups. Everyone probably has a smart phone, and probably everyone here has an old junker smartphone in a drawer that could just be kept nearby and perpetually linked up to the RPi if desired.

Hmmm... maybe I'll stick with my current solution. I'm not a big fan of the text only displays to be honest ... plus I am not liking the idea of having the Pi sitting in the coin door... I'd much rather have the Pi near the Naomi system and a wire + display going to the coin door. Decisions decisions...

why not do what @winteriscoming suggested and use one of the WiFi enabled version

no display and you use your smart phone to select the game through a web interface.

I haven't done much with it, but there are RPi netboot options that have no attached display and serve up a web page to a smart phone to select and start a game. These may be worth considering for new setups. Everyone probably has a smart phone, and probably everyone here has an old junker smartphone in a drawer that could just be kept nearby and perpetually linked up to the RPi if desired.
Not only do I not have a smart phone... I don't own a cell phone. Hell, I've owned a SINGLE cell phone for 1 year total... which I didn't use but for a couple times... in my LIFE... back in 2006. I refuse to be one of the 90% of the world who have their noses in their phones everywhere they go. Refuse. I sit in front of three computers (2 screens) all day long at work (I work from home and have since 2006)... the last thing I want/need is a stupid-ass computer to carry around in my hip pocket. I am of the opinion that when I am out... I am out... leave a message and I'll get to it when I return home.

I can't see myself EVER getting a cell phone until the day that it's required for my work. I just have no interest. At all.

Or a cheap android tablet. $50 can get you something way better than that screen you linked.

To Twisted's point, you would need to code something up or modify existing code to use that screen.

The piweb solution + phone/ipod/tablet would not only be easier, but cheaper and way less time consuming. Unless, of course, you need a project to keep yourself busy.

Hell, my kid has an older NABI 2 tablet (along with a newer NABI Dreamtab and a Fire Kids edition). I bet I could pull all the BS off the older Nabi tablet and use that bad boy. All I need to do is to be able to access the net, right?

Hmmm.... that NABI is an android device.

I have a Pi with pitft 2.8"that i bought pre-built/setup and to be fair, I'm not super fond of it. It looks cool to have the game art to select, but in the implementation I have, you have no feedback at all on selecting a game. It's just a static image, that you have to tap once to send/load, but no notification that it's sending or anything, so you never know if it registered. If you tap multiple time, it will start a loop that will just keep sending the game over and over again rebooting the whole process. It's functional enough once you know the pitfalls, but in the end way less practical than a text lcd or web interface :/

You must have some kind of PIC installed on Chihiro and Triforce. The system will not boot at all if it is missing. It will give you error 26. No way around it.
Thank you! Was just banging my head on my triforce!! I did not have a pic in. @#$%&

Is there a sweet spot timingwise when netbooting the Chihiro ?

If I run TransferGame.exe it often dies on me.

If I start the upload just after the jingle all is good.

Hello everyone quick question is The lithium ion rechargeable battery for memory backup needed for this naomi multi?

I found a net dimm board but it says the rechargable battery has been removed.

Hello everyone quick question is The lithium ion rechargeable battery for memory backup needed for this naomi multi?

I found a net dimm board but it says the rechargable battery has been removed.
I do no think so, I had also a net dimm without battery, I believe. Someone else needs to confirm :)

I used transfergame.exe btw

Back