What's new
Yes you can use a ATX PSU and adapter, that makes it a dedicated JVS PSU.
Use it to power the Naomi rig.

Capcom IO gets its power from the JAMMA edge.
I'm not familiar with your setup, but I assumed your JAMMA edge already has power (so just keep on keep'n on).

Yes you can use a ATX PSU and adapter, that makes it a dedicated JVS PSU.
Use it to power the Naomi rig.

Capcom IO gets its power from the JAMMA edge.
I'm not familiar with your setup, but I assumed your JAMMA edge already has power (so just keep on keep'n on).
OH! so then I dont need to buy an additional PSU? Showing my setup would be helpful then maybe. Here's what I've got:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8n5QedbPZ6cvFTZAA

That PSU powers your JAMMA edge, and that is fine for the Capcom IO.
The Naomi+NetDIMM needs the additional ATX PSU with that JVS adapter.
  1. Unplug Naomi (power lines ONLY) from Capcom IO
  2. Plug ATX+JVS Adapter directly into Naomi
  3. Somehow stack up another PSU inside that cab heh (that is the only real challenge as I see it)
BTW in the picture you are using a MvC2 cart, and yea Capcom IO is fine for that type of setup.
Its adding the DIMM into the equation... They are POWER HUNGRY, esp that greedy BITCH GDROM.

Last edited by a moderator:
That PSU powers your JAMMA edge, and that is fine for the Capcom IO.
The Naomi+NetDIMM needs the additional ATX PSU with that JVS adapter.
  1. Unplug Naomi (power lines ONLY) from Capcom IO
  2. Plug ATX+JVS Adapter directly into Naomi
  3. Somehow stack up another PSU inside that cab heh (that is the only real challenge as I see it)
BTW in the picture you are using a MvC2 cart, and yea Capcom IO is fine for that type of setup.
Its adding the DIMM into the equation... They are POWER HUNGRY, esp that greedy BITCH GDROM.
What's it like being a GOD? Man thank you so much. Will any old ATX PSU work? I think i have a 250W lying around from an old dell. I don't want to fry anything.

NetDimm is likely in my mailbox as we speak :) Just waiting to hook it up until i have all of the components.

Sorry if I missed it before, but anyone know the easiest way to add some kind of time out default selection?
I don't want the Naomi to auto boot anything, but say after 5 min if no game is selected it will load X?

As compact as its gonna get ;)

Attachments

• 22CF2136-25E2-4546-9FF5-120A890E8A5A.jpeg
    22CF2136-25E2-4546-9FF5-120A890E8A5A.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 97
  • 49DA6369-20DF-458B-BAC2-185238C5C376.jpeg
    49DA6369-20DF-458B-BAC2-185238C5C376.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 102
  • B2F22F37-CA52-4BAE-AF4E-FCFC5B320A2F.jpeg
    B2F22F37-CA52-4BAE-AF4E-FCFC5B320A2F.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 96
Sorry if I missed it before, but anyone know the easiest way to add some kind of time out default selection?
I don't want the Naomi to auto boot anything, but say after 5 min if no game is selected it will load X?
That depends on whether or not you have a battery backup of some sort for the DIMM RAM installed. if there is, you'd need to blank out at least part of the DIMM RAM on bootup immediately I think, or otherwise somehow flag it to not continue booting. otherwise, wouldn't be that hard to do programatically from the RPi

Hi, i'm having trouble adding new games.
I just download a MAME rom? How can i convert to .bin?

@TheBortot I am not sure if this is possible - I was able to do some google searches for "sega naomi rom files" - try one of those?

Matt

check mame driver and you will know in which precise order files must be concatenated.

thx. I'm having trouble with Capcom vs SNK 2 - millionaire fighting (J).

Does it only works with the Capcom I/O board?

Setup: supergun + io board Sega revision B + naomi 2

The game iniciates, but it says right after the title of the game:

''jamma i/o board dont have enough switches or functions''

Maybe its related to kick harness?

Tried to attach the kick harness like that:
https://imgur.com/eoXwV7H

All another games works. But not with kick buttons. Something related to some lack of conection below?
https://ibb.co/M50nZC5
https://ibb.co/5jH76FP
https://ibb.co/YtqX9rJ

The 6pin in this adaptor does have a funcionality without the gd-rom? i'm not using it:
https://jasenscustoms.com/products/sega-naomi-atx-power-adapter

About 15khz, although i already configured the dip switches(DIP1 on and another ones off), it doesn't sync. Saw that capcom i/o board has a ''h/v'' sync switch. How could I use naomi with crt in this case?

Last edited:
''jamma i/o board dont have enough switches or functions''
ShyDNNx.jpg

I don't know about the Sega JVS IOs, but the Taito JVS IOs (yea both V1 and V2) won't work with CVS2 PERIOD (all you'll ever see is the above message).
That's why we ( @Derick2k and myself) paid to have the game patched, removing the requirements for JVS.
1DOgS7q.jpg

You can download the patched version here (and if you like it please donate money to the Dumping Union in @MetalliC 's name like we did).

the jumper thing made cvs2 work! Thx!
About kick harness, lk and mk goes to pin 25 e 26 from jamma and HK u have to take from pin 4 and 8.
About 15hkz, couldnt work it in a sony PVM or another crt that i have. I think its because the hvsync - csync switch that this i/o board doesnt have.
There are some errors in another games. I will post it along the time. Anyway, thx guys!

I figured this was the most appropriate place to post, but I am having issues with the LCD ada fruit thing on my PI. I have connected it to both my computer and naomi 1 itself and it does quick pop up for like a millisecond and then no lcd light.

Here is a video to show what I mean.

@kazuyajin1080 you need to edit the piforcetools.py file, sorry to be vague but I don't have my Pi Force to look at and I can't remember shit.
But I swear to you, file will fix it.

I figured this was the most appropriate place to post, but I am having issues with the LCD ada fruit thing on my PI. I have connected it to both my computer and naomi 1 itself and it does quick pop up for like a millisecond and then no lcd light.

Here is a video to show what I mean.
I had this problem once. Try this:
Goto folder piforcetools and edit the file piforcetools.py
Search for "lcd.backlight(lcd.BLUE)" and place a # in front of it.

So it looks like #lcd.backlight(lcd.BLUE)

If I am not mistaken this is what you mean right? I just want to make sure :)

edit: Yup that was the issue. Thank you Rolins and Jassin000 for your help

Attachments

• piforce edit pic.png
    piforce edit pic.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I need some direct guidance, the many branches and versions of PiForce are far too confusing to me.

I have a pi3b
I have a PiTFT Plus 2.8" LCD
Naomi 2 is fw4.02 and is set to 192.168.1.2 /24

Is there a specific build I should be looking for? From what I can see, most builds utilize the 16x2 lcd but I'd like to use the touch-screen and select my games locally using pictures and/or videos. I've tried several builds and iterations of PiForce but all I ever get is a white screen on the pi and the Naomi waits for communication

Attachments

• rsz_img_20200619_005443.jpg
    rsz_img_20200619_005443.jpg
    877.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I need some direct guidance, the many branches and versions of PiForce are far too confusing to me.

I have a pi3b
I have a PiTFT Plus 2.8" LCD
Naomi 2 is fw4.02 and is set to 192.168.1.2 /24

I would like to have pictures and/or videos of the games and then select them using the screen. Is there a specific build I should be looking for or is the version provided here a one-size-fits-all?
This is the one you need: https://gitlab.com/ezechiel/pidimboot

I use it as well and it's awesome.

Back