What's new
For Sale

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
On Friday I'll be extracting my PVM 20L5 from my office in downtown crossing. Anyone been hunting one? I'm about 50/50 on selling this, but I'm curious if there's local interest.

imgur.com/a/AiPM4mf pics that I had taken wayyy before lockdown, except Time Crisis 3 looks better now, that was with too much attenuation in my video chain.

—- paste from recent comment—

Thinking $1000, and being able to pick it up Friday between 11 and 12. The logistical element is a bit tricky, as I’m not sure how to demo the unit. I could FaceTime or hangout live with someone to show them the set that way, but they can’t come into my office due to COVID. We are packing up the office to move, and only a few employees are allowed in at a time. Time Crisis 3 wiring is inside my cubicle ;)

When I bring it to the lobby maybe there will be outlets but I’m not sure. And that’s going to be kinda weird, but hey. I may try to pack something small like an Analogue SuperNT with a DAC so I have another video source to show.

Also I’m still waffling on if I’m gonna sell it honestly! My alternative is to bring it home and compare to my BVM 1915, then just sell one of them without the logistical headaches.

thanks for the interest and I’ll continue to discuss it with folks via pm until I have a plan

Last edited:
How much we talking about??? I might sell off my 29" one and get yours :)

Part of this is finding someone who can physically take it from me on Friday instead of me having to warehouse it for a while. If I have to move/store it, it becomes more worth it to just keep it. Lemme toss this in the price-check thread to see what people think it's worth.

Part of this is finding someone who can physically take it from me on Friday instead of me having to warehouse it for a while. If I have to move/store it, it becomes more worth it to just keep it. Lemme toss this in the price-check thread to see what people think it's worth.
Holy crap, just checked prices on ebay and yeah you definitely gonna make some serious $$$$. I cant do those types of number one a crt, rather get another LG Oleds :D

But yeah in Boston, I would think it would get picked up right away wouldnt it??

PVM prices are bonkers. I get that they're better than consumer CRTs but given the price disparity I'm not sure they're worth it.

I get that they're better than consumer CRTs but given the price disparity I'm not sure they're worth it.
I wouldn't buy any of the ones I have now at the prices they're at now. I'd get a TV and call it a day. The image quality jump is *not* that significant to justify the cost IMO. Late model Sony sets still have great pictures, and we have RGB to Component options now that are infinitely better than the JROK of 15 years past.

I checked on the pricing for you... it seems that they go for $150.50 USD plus another $450 to ship it to my zip code..I already PayPal gift you the amount :P .....a while back on eBay one sold for $1.7k and change..

Sorry @ekorz. Just realized my comments could be misconstrued. I'm not at all trying to put off your sale or anything, just griping about prices in general and how that extra 2% in image quality can cost you ten-fold what another monitor would run.

If you're after a PVM, the 20L5 is *the* model to get. The only one that supports 31k too, without stepping into the BVM line where prices are even crazier and you need to start worrying about add-on cards being present or not in order to even use them.

This week:

ebay.com/itm/SONY-PVM-20L5-20-…16d44e:g:hscAAOSwKFpe5cuW

$2,500 shipped.
With two really shoddy pictures that make it look off or washed out?

Money laundering.

@ekorz Wont have any problems selling it right away, the problem I see is the friday deadline. But still, im sure a local guy will get this without a doubt, wish i could. Seems like the perfect size top of the line monitor.

@Derick2k if you pay for it I can pick it up and hold it for you... I don't want to sit on it forever, but you are coming up at some point aren't you?

This week:

$2,500 shipped.
With two really shoddy pictures that make it look off or washed out?
Money laundering.
Lol those images look like ass.

And I don’t mind your opinion at all. An RGB modded consumer TV would be a nice balance between cost and performance, but I think some just want the real deal.

@ekorz Wont have any problems selling it right away, the problem I see is the friday deadline. But still, im sure a local guy will get this without a doubt, wish i could. Seems like the perfect size top of the line monitor.
You do have a old PM from me :P

You do have a old PM from me :P
Crap, I forgot, go so crazy with so much stuff going on, trying to get back to everyone and push stuff out the door. I gotta go back and read through again. :)

https://imgur.com/a/AiPM4mf

These are old photos from when I picked it up about 2 years ago and a few games running. None were taken with selling it in mind, I just can’t get back into my office until Friday to get others. The condition hasn’t changed much at all. I’ve maybe put 20 hours on it since then... I got 3 arcade cabs and a bvm about 2 months after I bought this.

Twice as nice as those garbage eBay pics! Guess 5000 is fair??

@ekorz please teach me 1) how to calibrate monitors that well, and 2) how to photograph them that well.

tenor.gif

Thats LG CX 65" territory right there

This week:

$2,500 shipped.

Back