What's new

moflih.morad

Student
Reaction score
hi guys
I recently aquired a Namco system 11 Tekken 2, not working complete black out. after some research i could not find any schematics of this system
so i decided to jump to it now i am almost done with the top board (mine is PG-13) and since am no expert with my little knowledge i followed the traces
some parts does not make sense to me, and i need some help to decipher them.

i will join a screen print of the actual progress
and i can post the file if someone wants to join

thank you

1695423204359.png

1695423273117.png

1695423336861.png

1695423401312.png

System11 shares architecture with Sony PS1. It's not 1:1 but most of the main chips are the same, so if you get stuck you can pretty easily find schematics for that console. I'm not an expert but I do recall solving one audio issue by getting a DAC's pin diagram from something like this: https://www.psxdev.net/downloads/SCPH-100_5th-Edition.pdf . Maybe that (or other ps1 schematics online) will help you if you're stuck somewhere.

yes you are right, for the top board (CPU board) i used a SCPH-9000 service manual to help me with different pinout
but for the bottom board which is a typical namco board many of the custom chips are unknown, so for me its a matter of guess work
plus am no engineer, i wonder if there is someone who can shed some light on different parts, especially on the second board
for example why (addres lines SA08 and SA0), CSYNC and VBLANK (cpu board) are all passed through AND gates (IC1) before being served to second pcb and things like that.

System11 shares architecture with Sony PS1. It's not 1:1 but most of the main chips are the same, so if you get stuck you can pretty easily find schematics for that console. I'm not an expert but I do recall solving one audio issue by getting a DAC's pin diagram from something like this: https://www.psxdev.net/downloads/SCPH-100_5th-Edition.pdf . Maybe that (or other ps1 schematics online) will help you if you're stuck somewhere.

Attachments

• Sans titre2.png
    Sans titre2.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_1762.JPG
    DSC_1762.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 38
Great work! Please post your progress and let us know how those schematics look like. We'd love to have a look.

Sweet, I’m trying to find the blue that’s missing on my tekken right now , Thanks for the schematics !

Attachments

• IMG_9407.jpeg
    IMG_9407.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9406.jpeg
    IMG_9406.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 6
Sweet, I’m trying to find the blue that’s missing on my tekken right now , Thanks for the schematics !
Triple RGB DAC and surrounding components are a good place to start... this system, I tell you. Good luck!

Edit: it's late and I'm probably thinking of system 12, but still, godspeed.

Attachments

• Sans titres.png
    Sans titres.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 13
Back